Biometric gun trigger locks...a middle ground solution?

• Banned
No one? Really?

Are we truly going to just skip straight to drastic measures of banning things rather than trying options that would not infringe on rights first?

• Banned
There are hundreds of thousands of guns on the streets. No ban will ever remove them. Any ban would only remove guns from legal owners.

Biometrics could prevent stolen weapons from being used and if put on every weapon sold in the future would mean that only the old guns in the hands of criminals could achieve something like this in the future. And since a ban wouldn't remove those guns to begin with isn't this the sensible step?

The next questions should be:
1) How feasible is it to force existing gun owners to install said locks.
2) Who pays for it?

we were discussing this earlier...a thumbprint lock that wouldnt allow anyone but the thumb print owner to remover the safety.....cost? to save a child's life? look if you can afford a bushmaster you can afford the extra cost of the lock

2) Who pays for it?

You can't cover everything no matter what we end up doing. There is no perfect solution.

Keep in mind, I am just thinking out loud here, as I do not know what the answer is. The question may become is it cheaper to outlaw the guns than to enforce a biometric trigger law.

we were discussing this earlier...a thumbprint lock that wouldnt allow anyone but the thumb print owner to remover the safety.....cost? to save a child's life? look if you can afford a bushmaster you can afford the extra cost of the lock

and if those two extra seconds cost the gun owner thier life?

Ah, casualty of liberal busybodyness.

It will be easy to find excuses NOT to try.

We could cut our aid to foreign countries by a small percentage to pay for a one time retrofit program. Anyone who doesn't utilize that opportunity would then have to pay themselves.

A means to the end can be found. Its just a matter of willingness.

I remember a few years back we had a rash of SUVs killing people... What did we do to eliminate that horrilble scurge? Maybe we can institute the same solution to all the guns that seem to be behind all these killings...

2) Who pays for it?

You can't cover everything no matter what we end up doing. There is no perfect solution.

Keep in mind, I am just thinking out loud here, as I do not know what the answer is. The question may become is it cheaper to outlaw the guns than to enforce a biometric trigger law.

Outlawing a right specifically granted by our constitution is not an option so why not focus on what can be achieved?

It will be easy to find excuses NOT to try.

We could cut our aid to foreign countries by a small percentage to pay for a one time retrofit program. Anyone who doesn't utilize that opportunity would then have to pay themselves.

A means to the end can be found. Its just a matter of willingness.

I like the way your thinking. Just IMAGINE the things we could accomplish right here in America if we didn't have to spend so much on foreign aid, foreign military bases, DoD budgets for said, and oh, two wars....

Outlawing a right specifically granted by our constitution is not an option so why not focus on what can be achieved?

That's what Amendments are for....

Whatch it... The idiots will come up with a new tax or special permit to solve the issue. Because we all know taxes will fix everything.

Forum List

Back