CDZ Biology Deniers

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by P@triot, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,277
    And that has been debunked.
    The 97 Percent Solution

However.... EVEN IF this is true (which it's not)... that is still NOT SCIENCE! It's a popular consensus.... not Science. Just because a lot of people believe something is true doesn't make it true... that's the case with God and the case with man-made global warming. Faith in your beliefs is NOT SCIENCE. Keep repeating that until it sinks in.

2. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,420
    I'll take my source over yours any day of the week.

They use modelling. Scientists have always used modelling. You know those experiments they do, where they measure particles in the air, and how hot air gets trapped by pollution etc. You know that stuff? Yeah, it's called science.

3. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,277
    I understand science but consensus of popularity is NOT science. When we actually start discussing science, let me know... until then, you are simply squawking an argument ad populum.

Modeling doesn't show a cause, it only shows effects. It's natural for the planet to go through warming and cooling periods. Just because the median global surface temperature is a degree higher over the last 100 years, doesn't prove man caused it.

And what is this bullshit about "pollution?" Carbon dioxide is NOT fucking pollution! It is probably the most abundant compound in the known universe. Without it, LIFE is not possible.

4. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,277
    And that's the problem here because all your sources are biased and one-sided. You've bought into the propaganda and no one is ever going to change your mind. You are either closed-minded, a koolaid drinking moron or you have a larger agenda of anti-capitalism and more government control. Objective people without an agenda look at ALL the sources and then make an informed opinion.

5. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,420
    I'd take this guy's word over yours any day of the week.. Benjamin D. Santer - Wikipedia

So tell me smart guy, what is causing the planet to warm?

Carbon is NOT carbon dioxide. If you don't even know something that simple, you've got no idea what you are talking about.

6. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,420
    God no. I was born a skeptic. I have looked at all the evidence. I don't have a horse in the race. But anybody who is trying to marry scientists to being anti-capitalist and for more government control has no right accusing others of drinking koolaid. You are beyond the fringe. You're in outer space.

7. Chuz Life

Chuz Life Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,996
    From what?

Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

8. Pop23

Pop23 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,531
    Creating your own new god requires destruction of the true God.

It's a complicated process

You can't create life, so destroy it

You can't create gender, so redefine it

And then claim the followers of the true God are destroying the earth, while the new gods cult saves it.

See, ain't no thang

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,420
  10. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,277
    Taking people's word for things is also not Science. If all we ever did was rely on our faith in people's words, we wouldn't have discovered anything with Science. The very admission you are willing to take someone's word for something means you're not practicing science, you're practicing a faith.

The Sun causes our planet to warm. That's pretty fucking basic. What causes the Earth to retain heat? The greenhouse effect. If not for the greenhouse effect, there would be no life on Earth. Part of what makes the greenhouse effect work is the presence of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide comes from all kinds of sources, it happens when oxygen binds with carbon. On Earth, this is done through several natural processes and there are natural processes which use some of the carbon dioxide.... like plants. Humans burn fossil fuels which are carbon based. As a result, carbon dioxide is created. So yes... humans do contribute to the carbon dioxide which amplifies the greenhouse effect to some degree, which could cause more warming. However, there is absolutely NO science which shows that human contributions are a primary source for any warming of significance.

In addition, there is no governmental solution to this. Taxing a corporation for their producing carbon is not going to change the dynamics of what is happening in the atmosphere. All it does is punish capitalists for a problem that can't be solved because there really isn't a problem. If you are 100% correct in all of this... the only chance we have is to abandon all industrialization and return to living like pioneer days or cave men. And even then, we have to hope that lessening our impact is enough to change what's already happening. We can't do a thing about nature producing carbon dioxide through thermal vents and volcanoes. Maybe if there were some solution that didn't involve us all returning to primitive lifestyles it would be different.

Now here's the GOOD news... Mother Earth is going to survive no matter what. You see, we have a very resilient planet that can adapt, adjust and self-correct. It has done this for billions of years and far worse peril to it's climate. If human activity is causing some looming catastrophe, Mother Nature will wipe us out and recover over time.