Biological race doesn't exists

Ugh. Not to be a snob, but I really have a hard time accepting a scientific work that isn't peer reviewed journal work.

They cite a number of peer-reviewed studies and are respected persons in their fields.
In fairness, I feel the same way about Dawkins' attempts to dispute the existence of God through evolutionary science.

I've never heard Dawkins claim he disproved the existence of the supernatural; he merely refuted the claims of creationists.
Neither the “nature versus nurture” concept, nor the idea that cultural differences can affect IQ test scores, are given adequate weight, particularly when IQ is used as a surrogate for actual intelligence.

The suggestion that intelligence, behavior, and physical traits are determined by a person’s race is more likely to help perpetuate racism than to end it.
The Berkeley Science Review: Articles
[/QUOTE]

The never make that claim in the book. The point out the evidence that IQ
A) appears to be ~50% inheritable based on available evidence

B) [the average IQ] differs between the major races, with a large degree of poverlap in the scores of members of different races

C)Is an imperfect measure on intelligence and potential

The reviewer has misrepresented the book and the words of the authors.

'Race' is a physical reality based on distinct inheritable collections of biological traits.
Some apparently feel that they must change the language to suit their purposes. 'Race', cline, breed, what have you, all signify a starting point of speciation. Speciation is part of the unavoidable process of evolution. Humans are just as subject to the laws of evolution as any other creature.

Claims that 'race' though biologically real is somehow irrelevant because we can breed completely ignores the fact that most of us choose not to breed with those who are outside of our 'race'. Even with a complete saturation of our culture with pro-miscegenation propaganda for generations, the normal pattern is to mate within our own 'race'. Just because we can does not mean that we will.
Mixed-race supremacists and communists only wish it were otherwise.
:cuckoo:

The problem is that this particular red-herring of "social constructs" seems so ridiculous on the surface that it seems almost innocuous. It isn't, this is an example of elitists transforming the physical sciences into social sciences, thus forcing all sciences into an elitist contolled Lysenkoistic circus.

It is a good thing for all of us to have these breeding pools of different peoples adapting and evolving. This independance amongst us grants us more diversity within the species as a whole. Unfortunately, there are a strong force of elitists who do not care about the species as a whole, they only care about exerting dominance over as many people as they possibly can. Elitists are not scientists, they are spoiled hateful brats.

:cool:

Racism is a social construct, based on misunderstandings and exploitations of human breeding pools.
Does anyone argue against this?

Intelligence is a social construct, based on elitism.
Does anyone argue against this?

Last edited:
Hello, your forum user "Dante" linked to my essay on Think Gene.

and that was in 2001. since then we have a better understanding.

There Is No Such Thing As Race | Think Gene

I am Andrew Yates, and I wrote this essay.

I actually operate an internal medicine practice, and we actually use genetic testing and family histories in regular practice every day to make clinical diagnosis and treat patients because different ethnicities have different disease risks.

This post which Dante posted as supporting evidence is itself a parody because, for example, you can buy any common DNA test which will report your ethnicity (e.g. 23andMe.com). That would be impossible if an ethnicity distinction did not exist at the molecular level. I thought that this would be entirely obvious, but unfortunately, I have been misunderstood.

Thus, Dante, your inclusion of my essay as its superficial value, I'm afraid, reflects poorly on you, since this essay was explicitly written to mock people like you who fail to exercise sufficient reading comprehension to understand scientific work and who instead parrot the derivative, partisan, political ---and almost always irrelevant--- emotional connotation of others because you lack the cognition or motivation to understand the scientific work itself.

I believe that you have lost your debate in this forum ---although quickly flipping through this debate, I'm not really sure what this debate is supposed to be about other than an excuse for angry people to scold other angry people. I have no idea how any of this applies to "mixed race people" or "communists" or "elitists" or any of this other nonsense. Science is boring. If you're not bored, you're doing it wrong.

-=Andrew Yates

Last edited:
This "We are all the same" bullshit that white liberals are always trying to brainwash people into
accepting is abusrd and false. This is a method many whites use to try to promote interracial relationships.
There are distinct racial and genetic and biological differences between the black race and the white race, and even the Asian race of people on the Earth. Whites tend to have many genetic disorders
attached to their gene pool.Blacks tend to have less genetic defects within our gene pool.!
Do the research.Stop trying to brainwash people.
What you are trying to say is absurd.!!

I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I'm not stupid either but race doesn't exist, biologicallly we're all too similar to be separate species. I read some of the posts on Charlie's board and if all non-Africans are a subset of Africans how can we all be separate races? Are canines and felines separate species from the order Carnivora or are they both subsets of Carnivora? If race exists all non-Africans are subsets of the greater African race, at least thats what science tells me.

Hello Flaylo. I suspect you're about to meet JB. My regrets, dear.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/114317-race-is-an-illusion.html

I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I'm not stupid either but race doesn't exist, biologicallly we're all too similar to be separate species. I read some of the posts on Charlie's board and if all non-Africans are a subset of Africans how can we all be separate races? Are canines and felines separate species from the order Carnivora or are they both subsets of Carnivora? If race exists all non-Africans are subsets of the greater African race, at least thats what science tells me.

Who ever said that "race" was a species? Race is a subdivision inside of a species, sort of like breeds of dogs or cats. It simply involves recognizable, inheritable traits that breed true through successive generations.

Race is a sociological construct. Scientifically speaking, there is not branch for "race" under the phylogenetic tree.

People are the skin color that they are because of the genetics they inherit which cause them to produce certain pigments of melanin and determine how quickly their body degrades the melanin.

First of all, race is more than skin pigmentation, and second, how can a physiological trait like skin pigmentation be a "sociological construct"?

Who ever said that "race" was a species? Race is a subdivision inside of a species, sort of like breeds of dogs or cats. It simply involves recognizable, inheritable traits that breed true through successive generations.
Don't confuse them with facts. Reality is too complicated for them.

You're wrong.

We know, after all, that genetically the rest of the human species is a
subset of Africans(Merriweather et al.,1991; Tishkoff et al.,1996).
Consequently, "Africans" do not constitute a valid biological contrast to
"Europeans" and "Asians." That would be like contrasting "Mammalia" against
"Carnivora" and "Primates." As the latter two is subsumed by the first, the
comparison is nonsensical. Thus, the entire corpus of genetic literature on
the relations of the three races to one another is largely valueless.

Race and intelligence: separating science from myth By Jefferson M. Fish
p.99

You're wrong.

p.99

If "African", "Asian", and "Caucasian" are not "valid biological contrasts", would you mind telling me why it's possible to do scientific tests on body tissue and definitively determine which one of the three someone was? In fact, it's even possible to tell what ethnicity and region of the world he came from. Do you know any OTHER "sociological constructs" that can be empirically tested?

You're wrong.

p.99

If "African", "Asian", and "Caucasian" are not "valid biological contrasts", would you mind telling me why it's possible to do scientific tests on body tissue and definitively determine which one of the three someone was? In fact, it's even possible to tell what ethnicity and region of the world he came from. Do you know any OTHER "sociological constructs" that can be empirically tested?

This is exactly my argument also. To say racial differences don't exist, is absurd, and false.
As this poster rightly states, there are scientific biological tests that can identify ones race.
So how is race a social construct. You white boys sound like you are crazy, or just trying to
get some black sex from black women, by saying ,oh, we are all the same.!!
Do more anthropological research.We are not all the same. We are all very different and diverse, biologically and socially.!!:razz:

You're wrong.

p.99

This is exactly my argument also. To say racial differences don't exist, is absurd, and false.
As this poster rightly states, there are scientific biological tests that can identify ones race.
So how is race a social construct. You white boys sound like you are crazy, or just trying to
get some black sex from black women, by saying ,oh, we are all the same.!!
Do more anthropological research.We are not all the same. We are all very different and diverse, biologically and socially.!!:razz:

LOL...trust me. We know the difference between ourselves and black boys. Know what um sayin?

Forum List

Back