'Biochemical plants' found in Iraq hunt

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
** I guess as long as there were no accompanying weapons that we should have allowed them to continue on their merry way. It's obvious that this entire country was a time bomb waiting for Saddam to light the fuse **

March 31, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - U.S. weapons hunters in Iraq have found more evidence Saddam Hussein had civilian factories able to quickly produce biological and chemical weapons, the CIA's top weapons inspector told senators yesterday.

But they still have not found any weapons.

The CIA special adviser, Charles Duelfer, said he did not know how much longer the weapons hunt might take.

In a closed session with the Senate Armed Services Committee, Duelfer said the Iraq Survey Group has found new evidence that Iraqi scientists flight-tested long-range ballistic missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles that "easily exceeded" U.N. limits of 93 miles.

http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/17831.htm

Figures, but it still won't be good enough for the liberals with no weapons found!

wait a minute. Here sits a civilian factory, right out in the open, and NOW its supposed to be ready for bio/chem production?

or was this factory buried in the sand also? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
wait a minute. Here sits a civilian factory, right out in the open, and NOW its supposed to be ready for bio/chem production?

or was this factory buried in the sand also? :rolleyes:

They said they found more 'evidence'. Perhaps they found additional documentation or something that shows plans or diagrams to convert machines or how to produce the weapons. It's the same with the exceeded limits, I'm assuming it was actually documentation they are referring to. You discredit the story because it states 'civilian factories', do you really find it odd that Saddam would have had them prepared for dual use? Sounds right up his alley to me.

the exceeded limits thing, cool.

I actually discredit the story because it comes so late. This factory had to have been inspected numerous times before, right? One would logically expect it to be anyway, so it will be interesting to see how compelling the evidence is.

Come on, is hussein really that intelligent? I don't think so, but thats just me.

While I would believe the story because SOMETHING must exist, doesn't anyone else think it is funny that when Bush has been the most quiet, we seem to make great discoveries over there?

Vans
A plant
Saddam
Another plant

While the discoveries are cool, the timing sure looks like these are obvious set ups.

My theory is proved, Bush is screwed. If we find something now the anti patriots here will say it was planted or try to discredit another way. Too bad this should be a good day but ...ah well this wouldn't be America without a bunch of naysayers.

Originally posted by OCA
My theory is proved, Bush is screwed. If we find something now the anti patriots here will say it was planted or try to discredit another way. Too bad this should be a good day but ...ah well this wouldn't be America without a bunch of naysayers.

I don't question the findings a whole lot, that I don't care about. -Remember, I would like to see Iraq a field of glass.

I am always highly suspicious of TIMING of military movements. -I think we can reasonably see that history has evidence as to why.

In my eyes, all politicians are of the same breed no matter what their affiliation. They have no respect from me or have any integrity until proven otherwise, and I haven't seen much from anyone in at least 3 desk rotations to improve that.

Originally posted by OCA

patriotism is not defined by agreeing with or standing by whatever your leadership calls for, demands, or desires.

"patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" - Samuel Johnson

My opinion of the no WMD crowd is not that they are so much opposed to war as opposed to Bush. If we find a nuke tipped intercontinental missle ou there they will say it was planted or some other such nonsense. Just read and watch the news today for confirmation of my thoughts on this subject. Its not about following your leaders blindly but rather admitting and accepting evidence for what it is and not fighting tooth and nail over every little tidbit out of Iraq. It is now obvious that the admin and previous admins. were right.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
the exceeded limits thing, cool.

I actually discredit the story because it comes so late. This factory had to have been inspected numerous times before, right? One would logically expect it to be anyway, so it will be interesting to see how compelling the evidence is.

Come on, is hussein really that intelligent? I don't think so, but thats just me.

I discredit your discreditation. :)

While on Active duty, we'd have the occasional inspection. High Ranking honchos would leave their comfy offices and walk through our motorpool. Even if the inspections weren't announced, we'd always get at least 15 minutes warning. Sometimes our vehicles would be dirty. No time to wash them. What did we do? We'd send PFC Pemberton under a HMMWV with a can of OD Green Krylon spray paint. "Just paint OVER The dirty running gear!" were the instructions we'd give.

The LTC or CSM who would be inspecting would see nice, freshly painted trucks. Would the dirt be GONE, simply because it was painted over? No...just out of sight.

It would not take a Biologist to figure out that because something was inspected ONCE or even TWICE doesn't mean it wasn't dirty.

;)

Originally posted by jimnyc
** I guess as long as there were no accompanying weapons that we should have allowed them to continue on their merry way. It's obvious that this entire country was a time bomb waiting for Saddam to light the fuse **

March 31, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - U.S. weapons hunters in Iraq have found more evidence Saddam Hussein had civilian factories able to quickly produce biological and chemical weapons, the CIA's top weapons inspector told senators yesterday.

But they still have not found any weapons.

http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/17831.htm
:flameth:

This is weak. No wonder you Bush lovers are so easily manipulated by Rove.

We've had UN weapons inspectors, a year of US CIA/Special Forces unites scouring the country and the Kay report all say the same thing. No WMD.

"evidence...civilian factories able to quickly produce biological and chemical weapons"

What the hell does that mean. A more critical reader might note that any chemical factory in the world could qucikly produce chemical weapons. You could mix ammonia and bleach in your bathroom and you would have a binary chemical weapon. Any modern hospital or research facility could produce bio weapons. If they searched any major university in the united states they could say exactly the same thing. You lap up this lame political spin like it's ice cream.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
:flameth:

This is weak. No wonder you Bush lovers are so easily manipulated by Rove.

We've had UN weapons inspectors, a year of US CIA/Special Forces unites scouring the country and the Kay report all say the same thing. No WMD.

"evidence...civilian factories able to quickly produce biological and chemical weapons"

What the hell does that mean. A more critical reader might note that any chemical factory in the world could qucikly produce chemical weapons. You could mix ammonia and bleach in your bathroom and you would have a binary chemical weapon. Any modern hospital or research facility could produce bio weapons. If they searched any major university in the united states they could say exactly the same thing. You lap up this lame political spin like it's ice cream.

While this IS technically true, it really comes fown to figuring out who the credible sources and news media are.

Then again, most people on any issue, would rather not do all that research because of the 9-5 grind and families they look out for.

If you have more credible evidence, could you present it instead of discarding the story blindly?

New Guy ST8 is a demagogue and hack. If we found that Sadaam and Osama were gay lovers he'd still deny a connection between Al Qaeda and Iraq.

Originally posted by OCA
New Guy ST8 is a demagogue and hack. If we found that Sadaam and Osama were gay lovers he'd still deny a connection between Al Qaeda and Iraq.
:laugh:

Originally posted by OCA

Ouch. That really hurts. If I found out that Saddam and Osama were gay lovers I would admit there was a connection between al-Qaeda and Iraq. The rumor that Sadaam and Osama are gay lovers is just as absurd as the rumor that OCA and NewGuy are gay lovers. I categorically reject both rumors as the mindless drivel that they obviously are.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
Ouch. That really hurts. If I found out that Saddam and Osama were gay lovers I would admit there was a connection between al-Qaeda and Iraq. The rumor that Sadaam and Osama are gay lovers is just as absurd as the rumor that OCA and NewGuy are gay lovers. I categorically reject both rumors as the mindless drivel that they obviously are.

Wow. Ok. Obviously our vocabulary skills are slightly above average, how about answering the question?

I'm not sure anyone's mentioned this yet: Isn't it possible that Saddam HAD WMDs throughout the 90s, and the early W. Bush administration, but after 9/11 decided to cover his ass and shipped them out of the country? You know, to Pakistan? He probably had an evacuation plan in case something like, oh say, invasion was imminent. Those weapons were gone before we even got there. But that's not to say they weren't there when W. and intelligence first said they were.

Originally posted by clumzgirl
I'm not sure anyone's mentioned this yet: Isn't it possible that Saddam HAD WMDs throughout the 90s, and the early W. Bush administration, but after 9/11 decided to cover his ass and shipped them out of the country? You know, to Pakistan? He probably had an evacuation plan in case something like, oh say, invasion was imminent. Those weapons were gone before we even got there. But that's not to say they weren't there when W. and intelligence first said they were.

Debka.com claimed they were moved to syria. If you go there, look for the news during the first week of the war. I think it was within 24 hours of the start, they broke the story of 3 locations in syria the weapons were placed in.

Funny how we claimed we didn't know that when shortly after, they were recognized by American officials as being a reliable credible news source for their OWN intellegence gatherers.

Originally posted by clumzgirl

The entire free world believed Saddam had WMD...EVEN promenent Democrats ... There are scores of quotes by Clinton, Kerry, and others which say "We must remove Saddams WMD before he can use them!"

Now, the liberals like to pin that all on GWB, because he was the first person w/ the balls to find out, one way or another.

Forum List

Back