Bin Laden

MJDuncan1982

Jun 29, 2004
Mississippi
Disregarding party/ideological lines, I have a question and concern that I think most of us have.

Where is this guy? He isn't even talked about in the public discourse anymore. Osama killed 3000 people and attacked our country and has thus far gotten away with it.

It seems no one is pissed off about him anymore.

I believe we greased him in Tora Bora. And can't find the body cause it's vaporized from a B52 strike.

1.) Where is he? I tend to believe he's a mangled corpse under 500 tons of rock somewhere in Afghanistan.

2.) At the very least he doesn't feel safe enough to release his famous video tapes anymore does he?

3.) The War on Terror isn't about one man Sen. Kerry.

I thinik He is either in Pakastan or Iran.

At the risk of inflaming the partyliners, I have a question.

Which administration had a part in creating this monster, much in the same way we helped to creat Saddam?

(Not sit back and watch the ping pong ball go back and forth)

Why do you ask questions to which you know the answer?

Here's another question, back in the '80's who were the Mujahadeen fighting for us by proxy?

And another question, how many innocent people has international communism slaughtered?

And one final question, do you understand?

MJDuncan,

If you'll humor me, I'd like to respond to your question with another question.

Do you really think that capturing Osama Bin Laden is going to change anything?

Some people are unconcerned with OBL because he has fallen out of the media spotlight, and their attention spans are that short. Many, myself included, do not continue to harp on OBL because we know a number of things.

1) If he is not dead already, he IS being searched for relentlessly. OBL's caputre would be a HUGE BOON for Bush, even the most cynical liberal has to admit that It would be GREAT for Bush if OBL was captured, so there is no reason for Bush NOT to be searching for him.

2) Capturing OBL, while fufilling some emotional need we have to "catch the guy behind 9-11" does not finish anything, it does not signal the end to the War on Terror, it does not mean that terrorism will stop...all it means is that we caught one of the terrorists, albeit an important one.

People who are unconcerned with OBL's capture understand that to make the world safer, the world has to change.

Capturing one man is not going to make that change happen, no...for this change to happen an entire area of the world, if not the entire world, has to change...terrorists have to be caught (including OBL)...but more importantly, nations who encourage, support, and hide terrorists must be dealt with (not always be war, but they must be dealt with)...nations living under tyranny must be given the opportunity to flourish under freedom, whatever form of it they choose isn't our responsibility...but giving them the ability to do so is something that will benefit us immensely...nations and powerful individuals who made money from dealing with terrorists and dictators need to know that that behavior will not be acceptable in this new changed world...that the US will not follow the advice and instructions of "friends" who are backstabbing us while they smile and talk about morals....the UN needs to act rather than write strongly worded letters to insane madmen who laugh at them...etc etc etc.

OBL is still hated, everyone still wants him to be found. But I think the reason why conservatives, Bush, and people who support Bush are not screeching for him to be the only priority is because we understand that thinking catching one man is going to change anything is small-minded, and represents a complete lack of understanding on the big picture of global terrorism and how we can begin to destroy it... (hence, the big reason why I will not be voting for Kerry...I do not think he understands this)...

Bush (or at the very least, the people around Bush) understands that we are not dealing with OBL alone...we are dealing with GLOBAL terrorism. Catching OBL will be a wonderful thing for the US, but it will not be the end of the problem...

In my opinion, Bush is looking at the big picture - how to take the first steps towards a world without terrorism...create a world in which terrorism no longer thrives. Kerry is planning on taking on terrorists one at a time...OBL plans 9-11, catch him. Someone else blows up a school, catch them. Someone nukes Chicago, catch them. Kerry feels that terrorism will never go away...Bush thinks that it can...but it isn't going to happen soon, and it isn't going to happen easily...and it isn't going to happen, even if the entire US military is looking for OBL.

Zhukov said:
Why do you ask questions to which you know the answer?

Here's another question, back in the '80's who were the Mujahadeen fighting for us by proxy?

And another question, how many innocent people has international communism slaughtered?

I can use numbers too :funnyface

1) Did you miss the fact about it being non-political. I know the war on terror is about more than one man but he is one of those guys that I really think needs to die.

2) Ask a question I already know the answer to? What are you talking about? I have no idea what has happened to him - hence the question. If you know maybe you could clue the government in.

MJDuncan1982 said:

1) Did you miss the fact about it being non-political. I know the war on terror is about more than one man but he is one of those guys that I really think needs to die.

2) Ask a question I already know the answer to? What are you talking about? I have no idea what has happened to him - hence the question. If you know maybe you could clue the government in.

That post was directed to white knight.

And I know his capture will not destroy Al-Qaeda. But are we so spaced-out that we forget what it felt like on 9/11. Fix things or not...I'd like to see this guy get it.

MJDuncan1982 said:

Ah, disregard then.

White knight said:
I thinik He is either in Pakastan or Iran.

At the risk of inflaming the partyliners, I have a question.

Which administration had a part in creating this monster, much in the same way we helped to creat Saddam?

(Not sit back and watch the ping pong ball go back and forth)

So because we helped him and his merry bunch of men fight back the soviet invasion, we are responsible for his hatred of our country and people which caused him to carry out 9/11???

Kindly elaborate, as this is what I believe you mean.

Well this goes to show you then if you wanna get it done right you gotta do it yourself. I aswell believe in the thousands of inoccent people he killed, they see him burn in a jet fueled firey hell!!

someone still needs to do that "Where's Osama" Illustrated picturebook.

The mountains of tora bora? Syria?, The streets of Iran? Sneaking across the mexican border?

rtwngAvngr said:
someone still needs to do that "Where's Osama" Illustrated picturebook.

The mountains of tora bora? Syria?, The streets of Iran? Sneaking across the mexican border?

Nah.. Make a game out of it, like Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? :D

the sudden downplay of osama is hilarious.

people were up in arms about this guy, including me, now its true.. everyone doesnt even give a shit because we've switched attention from his capture to fighting iraqi terrorists.

granted we should be fighting terrorists in iraq, but that should never overshadow the initial mission to capture dead or alive, osama bin laden. if you think he's under a pile of rocks, your showing a bit of ignorance and whooole lot of optimism.

i too tend to believe hes in pakistan or iran. hes not dead.

At best, OBL is dead.

Possibly, he is wounded/sick to the point where his appearance would demoralize AQ.

At worst, he is hunkered down somewhere too deep in the woods to have access to video cameras, in which case, the US has somewhat succeeded, in the sense that we have neutralized OBL's ability to rally his troops.

Yurt said:
So because we helped him and his merry bunch of men fight back the soviet invasion, we are responsible for his hatred of our country and people which caused him to carry out 9/11???

Kindly elaborate, as this is what I believe you mean.
I think someone said in another post "Karma is a B$tch"

Yes we played a part in creating this monster and many others like him.
We have a history of doing this, Noreiga comes to mind.
Can anyone think of any other brutal dictators we helped create or supported?
I can think of a few. If democracy was good enough for us why has it not been good enough for the other nations's who dictators we backed?

Yes we are responsible for our hatred in regions were we don't play nice.
You tell me why they hate us? Is it because they hate freedom? Or do we have a history of suppressing freedom in that region?

White knight said:
I think someone said in another post "Karma is a B$tch"

Yes we played a part in creating this monster and many others like him.
We have a history of doing this, Noreiga comes to mind.
Can anyone think of any other brutal dictators we helped create or supported?
I can think of a few. If democracy was good enough for us why has it not been good enough for the other nations's who dictators we backed?

Yes we are responsible for our hatred in regions were we don't play nice.
You tell me why they hate us? Is it because they hate freedom? Or do we have a history of suppressing freedom in that region?

Alrighty then! you have convinced me. The US is indeed the ultimate evil. We should disband immediately and hand over this country to the United Nations and all current citizens go into internment camps where we can await trial before the World Court as war criminals. How does that sound?

Zhukov said:
I ask myself the same question.

From the position they argue from they apparently do not.

For instance someone thought it was a Bold faced lie, Or some liberal conspiracy when it was suggested that it was the United States who supplied Saddam Hussein with WMD.

Forum List

Back