bin Laden was unarmed?

we are supposed to be better
We are. Bin Laden is the reason why so many innocent people are not here anymore and we are the reason why he didn't get away with what happened to them. What was supposed to be done? Let a person, who is the reason why so many people are dead, continue to roam around like they never did anything wrong in the first place?

God bless you and the families of his victims always!!!

Holly

P.S. With all due respect, what do you think should have been done to Bin Laden considering all that the man is guilty of? When I did something wrong when I was a kid, I got punished. I don't see a reason why that should change when a person becomes an adult. If anything, the punishments should only be more harsh as a person gets older because they are supposed to know better by then.

Last edited:
We can't do assassinations.

one, we signed a treaty saying we wouldn't
two, we are supposed to be better

The hell we don't. What is a sniper? Not ony that, that was treaties with other nations. Bin Laden represented no nation. He was a criminal, a terrorist. And taking out the Al Queda leaders by whatever means is perfectly legal. They are criminals, not nationals of a nation at war.

Damned right we are better. Instead of taking out thousands of people, we are taking out their leadership one and two at a time with little colateral damage. We are in an asymetric war, and that is how you fight it.

I served this country for 20 years in the Armed Forces (specifically the Navy).

What did YOU do for this country?

Your status as a Vet is not a proper response.

You claimed the best trained men in the world couldn't have captured obl.

I ignored the stupidity of the comment, until you trumped it with; Well I'm a vet, so there.

I didn't say that the SEALs couldn't have taken him alive, I said that there would be targets on the backs of every soldier overseas and there would be many suicide bombers who would stop at nothing to get him released. If he HAD been taken alive, it would have opened up a whole mess of trouble, because THEN he would be a figurehead again and having OBL in GITMO would be a recruiting poster for terrorists that would be unequaled.

We have the master mind behind 9/11, a top top dog, and nothing special occurred.

obl is dead and there wasn't a rash of revenge attacks

Imagine if we had caught him and gotten him to talk.

We are. Bin Laden is the reason why so many innocent people are not here anymore and we are the reason why he didn't get away with what happened to them. What was supposed to be done? Let a person, who is the reason why so many people are dead, continue to roam around like they never did anything wrong in the first place?

Holly

P.S. With all due respect, what do you think should have been done to Bin Laden considering all that the man is guilty of? When I did something wrong when I was a kid, I got punished. I don't see a reason why that should change when a person becomes an adult. If anything, the punishments should only be more harsh as a person gets older because they are supposed to know better by then.

Captured, if possible.
sent to gitmo and be put to the question
once that's done, military trial, if found guilty, some horrific form of death would be nice, but the needle is just fine

Holly

Captured, if possible.
sent to gitmo and be put to the question
once that's done, military trial, if found guilty, some horrific form of death would be nice, but the needle is just fine
I don't know what I would have done with his body had it been up to me, but to me what was done with him was rather fitting, because now he is surrounded by seals once again. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

We can't do assassinations. Oh please, what utter claptrap. What do you think those drone strikes are?

Poor osama............

there went his chance for a fair trial and a vigorous defense by the aclu and the national lawyers guild.............

Navy SEAL book excerpts claim bin Laden was unarmed | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Bin Laden had in his room on a shelf above the door an AK-47 and a Makarov pistol. But they were both empty.

"He had no intention of fighting," Owen writes.

W T H

The official story was, as I recall;

He used a wife as a shield, tossed her at the SEALS, they shot her in the leg, then emptied on obl as he attempted to shoot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad obl is dead. BUT our Vets are not to be used as death squads.

I sincerely hope that this is some vast hoax being pulled off by a fake SEAL and not a real one that has broken the code.

So Obama was UNARMED too?

I had no idea that our guys cut his arms off! Was it before or after they shot him?

BRAVO!

And if the SEALs had captured OBL and brought him back to stand trial, the righties would be bitching about that.

And if the SEALs had captured OBL and brought him back to stand trial, the righties would be bitching about that.

Hah... I'm only bitching about killing him twice... Once in Toro Boro, and the second time when Obama's ratings were down.

Hah... I'm only bitching about killing him twice... Once in Toro Boro, and the second time when Obama's ratings were down.

Tora Bora is where Jr. didn't kill him, he let him go.

Obama is the one that gave the order that got Bin Laden.

Two Thumbs, if you were a veteran and member of Seal Team Six, you would have been thrilled to have the mission and you would have happily pulled the trigger.

So STFU with the rest, OK?

Forum List

Back