bin Laden was unarmed?

We don't send men in to kill the unarmed.

We are not executioners.

Yes we are, and Mr Obama owns it.
His decision, his action, his choice.
Liberals have to decide if that is the type of president they want.

I want the guy who gets the asshole who ordered several thousand people die for no other reason then he's somehow "pissed" that the Saudis asked America to defend them against Iraq.

And that's what we got.

Bin Laden signed his death warrant in American Blood.

news flash- its now in-vogue to be cowboy.......:lol: what a hack.

I personally think if they had the chance to capture him then they should have taken him into custody.

Having said that, I don't really know what the exact moment was like, since I wasn't there...maybe he was visibly unarmed, but he reacted in a way that led the SEALs to think he was a threat.

Realistically? There's no way that OBL could have been taken alive.

If we did, and put him up in GITMO, there would be reactions from the terrorists like you'd never seen before, anything from suicide bombings to other full scale attacks.

Never mind how much extra danger would be presented to troops serving overseas.

oh really? and why not? oh becasue we would have to put him in gitmo where we have been told for years anyway, that putting folks there fed Islamic fundamentalism ? little late to the religion party, they didn't capture him or even attempt to becasue he would be an embarrassment to an admin. that proposed and promised to close Gitmo. He died, in part, to protect obamas political ass.

so take that danger to the troops, rendition ( which we still practice too) and the extra-legal/ extrajudicial killings and stick them where the sun doesn't shine, you simply lack the intellectual honesty to say so, so you fall back on the tired bullshit to excuse obama, after using the very same tired bullshit you and your like here to fore took bush to task for. Hackasaurus.

It wasn't an execution. He wasn't in custody when he was killed. It was arguably an assassination, but it still happened on the battlefield.

I don't really see the need to nuance here. Anymore than I would blame somebody for smothering baby Hitler in his crib.

Some people just deserve to die.

thats all well an good and considering both of our backgrounds, we agree, BUT, lets not pretend that this is not some new love for killing folks that need killing. what was bad is now ho hum or acceptable.

1 admin. had to fight to the SC and lose ala extending habeus corpus to non citizens who were in all likelihood terrorists, yet now we JDAM amercian citizens and nary a word is heard, in fact Harold Koh twsited himself into a virtual semantic pretzel justifying that killing while he railed against bush for lesser evils and my point being he is far from alone.

and hey whatever happened to - collateral damage? ;)

The woman in the room wasn't killed.

Something stinks about this.

If he wasn't armed, wouldn't she have said so?

hmm

my collateral damage remark had little to do with the compound inhabitants, its a remark as to why with all of the huge increase in drone strikes not a word on, or even a suspicion we may be or are causing any collateral damage where in before, under bush, its was all the rage Amnesty Intl. and every other NGO, the UN and PLENTY of homegrown angst was expressed....now? silence.....................

I personally think if they had the chance to capture him then they should have taken him into custody.

Having said that, I don't really know what the exact moment was like, since I wasn't there...maybe he was visibly unarmed, but he reacted in a way that led the SEALs to think he was a threat.

If we did, and put him up in GITMO, there would be reactions from the terrorists like you'd never seen before, anything from suicide bombings to other full scale attacks.

oh really? and why not? oh becasue we would have to put him in gitmo where we have been told for years anyway, that putting folks there fed Islamic fundamentalism ? little late to the religion party, they didn't capture him or even attempt to becasue he would be an embarrassment to an admin. that proposed and promised to close Gitmo. He died, in part, to protect obamas political ass.

so take that danger to the troops, rendition ( which we still practice too) and the extra-legal/ extrajudicial killings and stick them where the sun doesn't shine, you simply lack the intellectual honesty to say so, so you fall back on the tired bullshit to excuse obama, after using the very same tired bullshit you and your like here to fore took bush to task for. Hackasaurus.

I served this country for 20 years in the Armed Forces (specifically the Navy).

What did YOU do for this country?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vw7d6LSWmk]Movie moments: Unforgiven - YouTube[/ame]

Your status as a Vet is not a proper response.

You claimed the best trained men in the world couldn't have captured obl.

I ignored the stupidity of the comment, until you trumped it with; Well I'm a vet, so there.

First, vengeance for the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil is good and proper. Second, the A-bombs in Japan undoubtedly saved at least a million Japanese lives as the Japanese Army up until that time was having no part of surrender.

And there is another point in the use of nukes in Japan. Had we not demonstrated the horror of one bomb, one city, I am sure that we would have had WW3 with a full nuclear exchange between us and the Soviet Union. What was seen in Hiroshima and Nagasaki kept leaders on both sides aware that there would be no winners in such a war.

What if he was sitting in one of his caves all nice an unarmed..... do we not drop the bomb on the cave? I am pretty sure we blew the hell out of a few mountains trying to do just that.

Armed or unarmed..... i really don't care.... shoot to kill.
The bomb can't look at him and tell, the men could.

Really? There are other ways to "arm" yourself without it being a weapon in your hand. How did they know for sure he wasn't wearing explosives and all he had to do was raise his arms to detonate?

Exactly, this particular enemy was assumed to have explosives...there could have been booby-traps all over the place...our first helicopter in had crash-landed and subsequently drew hostile attention to the stealth mission...other gun fire had already erupted, etc... Are our brave soldiers supposed to just further risk their own lives to such an unreasonable degree in order to save this enemy for proper detention...pfft At that point, in the heat of that moment, it simply came down to kill or be killed and GTFO fast.

The bomb can't look at him and tell, the men could.

Really? There are other ways to "arm" yourself without it being a weapon in your hand. How did they know for sure he wasn't wearing explosives and all he had to do was raise his arms to detonate?

Exactly, this particular enemy was assumed to have explosives...there could have been booby-traps all over the place...our first helicopter in had crash-landed and subsequently drew hostile attention to the stealth mission...other gun fire had already erupted, etc... Are our brave soldiers supposed to just further risk their own lives to such an unreasonable degree in order to save this enemy for proper detention...pfft At that point, in the heat of that moment, it simply came down to kill or be killed and GTFO fast.

Also, there was a gun within Osama bin Laden's reach, a man who preached Jihad and death to America and American soldiers, there was NO way of knowing whether or not that gun was loaded until AFTER the fact. OBL simply met the fate he asked for...

Is there some point about his being armed or unarmed that's important? Were those men supposed to give him some sort of fightin' chance?

Unarmed or armed...who the f-ing hell cares? The man and his organization was responsible for killing thousands of unarmed civilians. Poetic justice.

:lol: I am vet, 2 branches and have several medals for valorous conduct, so play that my dick is bigger than your dick on someone else, you lose.

now- what does that have to do with my post? try and focus and answer the remarks I made....but, you can't, I know this, so the better avenue of retreat is not a stupid straw-man but silence.

As usual, this bin Laden thread is just plain idiotic.

rw's don't want us to remember that the 9/11 dead had no chance to fight back against this ENEMY OF THE UNITED STATES.

Is there some point about his being armed or unarmed that's important? Were those men supposed to give him some sort of fightin' chance?

According to rw's, our soldiers should have sent him an invitation to tea.

it's should have included crumpets.

Think how happy the rw's will be if Mittens is elected and Bush's Brain gets us into another 19t century-style, boots on the ground war. Lots of dead and maimed that they will refuse to help and $$TRILLIONS more in debt.

Its the Repub way.

The mistake that President Obama made was doing it with a surgical strike -- no deaths and a small price tag. 21st century warfare has no place in the GObP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad obl is dead. BUT our Vets are not to be used as death squads.
really, then what is their job?is it to take out the enemy, or let our enemies live in relative safety?

Ya know how the left likes to mention that unarmed civilians get killed?

guess what?

You never get to complain about that ever again. If obl was unarmed, he doesn't get killed, he gets captured.

US assassination squads could save a lot of American lives.

Forum List

Back