Bin Laden Was Unarmed, Killed Outside His Bedroom

Sending in an assassin team to a sovereign foreign nation to kill the man in cold blood in the middle of the night makes us no better than the likes of him. Which is why i find it strange so many are cheering for such lawless actions by our oath takers. And I mean all of them.

The Soldier's Creed states: "I stand ready to deploy, engage, and DESTROY the enemies of the United States in close combat." It doesn't say anything about bringing them to face trial. Osama bin Laden was an enemy of the United States who had engaged in open warfare against us. His fate has nothing to do with revenge. It's about defending ourselves.

Well, it appears that in order to make this work favorably for military action across the entire globe in the war on terror, we would have to consider Bin Laden an enemy combatant. Though it is interesting that the federal government dropped a mountain of felony cfharges (which would mean he is a criminal) in a court motion in 2011.

The trouble is that while I am not in favor of terrorists, the word really can be applied across the board in several instances that we currently deem it unnecesary. For instance, drug cartels/gangs aren't much different when it comes to arming, training and using violence against both law enforcement and civilians at our borders and within them. But we do not deem these individuals or the head figure a terrorist. The actions are the same, but the difference in approach is different. We trerat these as criminals, even if their intents are the same.

So it appears that the government wants it both ways to cover their asses. Then there is the question as to whether or not killing an unarmed enemy combatant criminal is justified under the rules of war. It seems the line is now forever smeared through this whole war on terror. The problem is that line drew important distinction in actions going forward. Now that there is no line, there is really no distinction.

It is my opinion that Bin Ladin was a criminal and should have been taken into custody to face trial and the rule of law. Because it imports a significant impression in the world that the US actions in the middle east have justification based on law. As opposed to simply exacting "justice" from which ever angle they wished to make it and deem it legitimate.

It's only my opinion. And the oath of enlist or the presidents oaths are not the same as soldier creed. That whole thing everyone likes to dodge about upholding the constitution.

Those who believe the Government's story on the Bin Laden killing, well, they'll believe anything.

Those who believe the Government's story on the Bin Laden killing, well, they'll believe anything.

That's a different matter entirely from what ive been saying about this whole thing. But I hear you. When there is no proof and you find yourself taking someones word on whetehr something is true you really do end up standing on hollow ground.

We aren't ever going to know on this one.

Several news outlets have finally got their hands on a copy of the new book about the raid on Osama bin Laden's Pakistan compound, and the details emerging contradict many of the earlier reports about what happened inside the house on the night the al Qaeda leader was killed. No Easy Day is set to be released September 11, but The Huffington Post's Marcus Baram picked up a preview copy in a used bookstore, which is a common way to find pre-released books. The Associated Press bought a copy as well.

The book, written by ex-Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette (under the pseudonym Mark Owen), is a first-person account of the raid on the Abbottabad compound where bin Laden had been in hiding for years. According Bissonnette's version of events, there was no extended firefight between SEAL Team 6 members and bodyguards and bin Laden himself never got the chance to confront or even see the soldiers before they killed him. Instead, he was shot in the hallway outside of his bedroom, then "disappeared into the dark room." By the time the soldiers entered, he was already dying of wounds to the head. Bissonnette says he and another team member then shot him several more times in the chest to ensure he was dead.

The book also says that while there were two guns found in bin Laden's room, neither was loaded and he never had a chance to defend himself. Bissonnette even calls him a "pussy" for not being prepared to defend or kill himself. Even though bin Laden was killed without resisting, the SEAL were instructed beforehand that it was not an assassination mission and that bin Laden should have been brought back alive, if possible.

Bissonnette is also critical of President Obama in his story, saying that no one on the team was a fan of the president and that they believed he and other leaders would inflate their own roles in the story. Even before the raid began, the SEALs joked about how they would help Obama get re-elected and also speculated about who would play them in the Hollywood movie. Despite their personal feelings about Obama, however, the SEALs did agree that he made the right call, saying "Although we applauded the decision-making in this case, there was no doubt in anybody’s mind that he would take all the political credit for this too.”

They also complained that after a White House meeting with Obama and Vice President Joe Biden ("he reminded me of someone’s drunken uncle at Christmas dinner") the President invited them to return some other time for a beer, but that call never came.

SEAL Book Says Bin Laden Was Unarmed, Killed Outside His Bedroom - Global - The Atlantic Wire

So what is your point?

It's pretty sad that politics could possibly make you think that Bin Laden deserved any more than what he got.

Bush let him skate for nearly a decade. Dunno if that's because the Bushies were doing business with the Bin Laden's or that his pop's administrations were supporting Osama.

Retard alert. Clinton had him twice once he was offered by a foreign Country and another time we had a drone available to kill him. All before 911. Bush neither let him skate or ignored him. But you keep playing that lie it suits you.

that was pre 911 now wasn't it?

Good, I hope he begged for his life too.

Personally I'm not buying the book.

How long before the obligatory, "This belongs in Conspiracy Theories?" The countdown is on...

For instance, drug cartels/gangs aren't much different when it comes to arming, training and using violence against both law enforcement and civilians at our borders and within them. But we do not deem these individuals or the head figure a terrorist.

Perhaps you don't, but I do. I also advocate declaring war against Mexico and overthrowing its regime. But that's probably a different thread.

Yeah, I'm sure that this guy writing this book under a fake name because he took part in the mission but can't reveal his identity.....I'm sure that this guy is a government construct. No doubt, Obama has a construct created to publish books that criticize him. :eusa_hand:

Well, in this day in age, I suppose people will call this justice. But it isn't. What it really is/was, is revenge.

Glad you all got your happy moment at the expense of the rule of law.

"The principles of the justice of war are commonly held to be: having just cause, being a last resort, being declared by a proper authority, possessing right intention, having a reasonable chance of success, and the end being proportional to the means used."

Seems to me the action taken met the standards of a just action. It would to you also TASB, but for Obama issued the order and not a Republican.

Oh goody, more lies about President Obama.

This is all just way too convenient and very smelly.

That's okay though - rw's are gullible and love new lies about the president.

BTW, what did bush do?

Nothing.

Other pubs and pots?

Nothing.

Well, in this day in age, I suppose people will call this justice. But it isn't. What it really is/was, is revenge.

"The principles of the justice of war are commonly held to be: having just cause, being a last resort, being declared by a proper authority, possessing right intention, having a reasonable chance of success, and the end being proportional to the means used."

Seems to me the action taken met the standards of a just action. It would to you also TASB, but for Obama issued the order and not a Republican.

Take off your hyperpartisan blinders and the blue donkey shirt. I'm not a republican.

I have no sympathy for bin Laden and did not expect the SEALS to put themselves in harms way more than they had to. As they entered the compound they had no idea what the defenses were and how much, if any, opportunity they would have to get a shot in

It's pretty sad that politics could possibly make you think that Bin Laden deserved any more than what he got.

Bush let him skate for nearly a decade. Dunno if that's because the Bushies were doing business with the Bin Laden's or that his pop's administrations were supporting Osama.

Another stupid comment, you are on a roll of stupid comments.

I have no sympathy for bin Laden and did not expect the SEALS to put themselves in harms way more than they had to. As they entered the compound they had no idea what the defenses were and how much, if any, opportunity they would have to get a shot in

Hell froze over, I agree with you.

Fuck Osama and the rest of his followers.They will get it in the end, rule of law or not. They all need to be eliminated from this planet.

Actually I think he got much better than he deserved. Frankly getting shot in the head is pretty quick and Painless. I wish we would have taken him alive, Interrogated him at our Leisure, and then kill him. But the Liberals would have gone Ape Shit.

That is the only Complaint I have about how the whole thing went down, is that we were Unable to Interrogate him at all.

Exactly with a Terrorist like Osama, You almost have to assume they are capable of just about Anything. The Seals had no way to know what if any kind of Measures Osama had taken to ensure he not be taken alive, and kills a Bunch of People if they try to take him. He could have had the Place wired and had a Dead Mans Switch he carried around. I don't expect our Guys to risk all their lives, to give someone like Osama a chance to Surrender Peacefully. He had 10 Years to do that.

Take off your hyperpartisan blinders and the blue donkey shirt. I'm not a republican.

I didn't say you were. You are clearly not a Democrat so I infered - not asserted - you're a Republican. In retrospect I should limited my comment thusly:

"Seems to me the action taken met the standards of a just action. It would also to you TASB but for the fact you're an angry white curmudgeon.

Forum List

Back