Bin Laden Was Unarmed, Killed Outside His Bedroom

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
UPDATE: I see that some, because I chose to use the original article title, are thinking that I am complaining that Osama was killed while unarmed. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's more about Obama and....well you know the rest.

Several news outlets have finally got their hands on a copy of the new book about the raid on Osama bin Laden's Pakistan compound, and the details emerging contradict many of the earlier reports about what happened inside the house on the night the al Qaeda leader was killed. No Easy Day is set to be released September 11, but The Huffington Post's Marcus Baram picked up a preview copy in a used bookstore, which is a common way to find pre-released books. The Associated Press bought a copy as well.

The book, written by ex-Navy SEAL Matt Bissonnette (under the pseudonym Mark Owen), is a first-person account of the raid on the Abbottabad compound where bin Laden had been in hiding for years. According Bissonnette's version of events, there was no extended firefight between SEAL Team 6 members and bodyguards and bin Laden himself never got the chance to confront or even see the soldiers before they killed him. Instead, he was shot in the hallway outside of his bedroom, then "disappeared into the dark room." By the time the soldiers entered, he was already dying of wounds to the head. Bissonnette says he and another team member then shot him several more times in the chest to ensure he was dead.

The book also says that while there were two guns found in bin Laden's room, neither was loaded and he never had a chance to defend himself. Bissonnette even calls him a "pussy" for not being prepared to defend or kill himself. Even though bin Laden was killed without resisting, the SEAL were instructed beforehand that it was not an assassination mission and that bin Laden should have been brought back alive, if possible.

Bissonnette is also critical of President Obama in his story, saying that no one on the team was a fan of the president and that they believed he and other leaders would inflate their own roles in the story. Even before the raid began, the SEALs joked about how they would help Obama get re-elected and also speculated about who would play them in the Hollywood movie. Despite their personal feelings about Obama, however, the SEALs did agree that he made the right call, saying "Although we applauded the decision-making in this case, there was no doubt in anybody’s mind that he would take all the political credit for this too.”

They also complained that after a White House meeting with Obama and Vice President Joe Biden ("he reminded me of someone’s drunken uncle at Christmas dinner") the President invited them to return some other time for a beer, but that call never came.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/glob...was-unarmed-killed-outside-his-bedroom/56311/

Last edited:
It's pretty sad that politics could possibly make you think that Bin Laden deserved any more than what he got.

Bush let him skate for nearly a decade. Dunno if that's because the Bushies were doing business with the Bin Laden's or that his pop's administrations were supporting Osama.

What a putz. He's criticizing Obama while using his time as a SEAL to make money from a book....about a mission Obama sent him on.

It's pretty sad that politics could possibly make you think that Bin Laden deserved any more than what he got.

Bush let him skate for nearly a decade. Dunno if that's because the Bushies were doing business with the Bin Laden's or that his pop's administrations were supporting Osama.

Retard alert. Clinton had him twice once he was offered by a foreign Country and another time we had a drone available to kill him. All before 911. Bush neither let him skate or ignored him. But you keep playing that lie it suits you.

Sorry bout that,

1. It doesn't matter how he got it in the end, he could of been sitting on a toilet eating rice in a bowl, as long as he was put down.
2. Obama had nothing to do with it, other than having a photo op during the take down.
3. Bush was too stupid to do it, and I am sure he could have, but refused, he is such a duffass, a Joe Bidensky.
4. Bush is a good guy, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Well, in this day in age, I suppose people will call this justice. But it isn't. What it really is/was, is revenge.

Glad you all got your happy moment at the expense of the rule of law.

Well, in this day in age, I suppose people will call this justice. But it isn't. What it really is/was, is revenge.

Glad you all got your happy moment at the expense of the rule of law.

is that code for "further punishing the Americans by forcing them to pay to imprison the Fundie in a SuperMax"

Thank God Obama didn't have anything to do with our Navy taking out OBL. Dear God, he would have fucked that up too.

It's all a big lie. Nothing about their story adds up. I said that from day one. But so many Americans want to be lied to i guess. It's the years & years of propaganda indoctrination. Many have come to actually expect and want their Government to lie to them. It's very sad. This Administration's story on the Bin Laden killing is all a lie. Period, end of story.

Forum List

Back