Bin Laden prayer request riles Florida church

That's the difference between Christian and Islamic religions...Christians will pray for all people (and forgive our enemies), Islam believes if you aren't part of their religion then you should be dead. I'm pretty sure osama's prayer would only to his god to make sure they kill as many people as they can!

What an incredibly narrow view of a religion.

Take an extremists POV and expand it to the whole religion. That's like taking the Westboro Baptist Church and saying that's the way "all Christians are".

Both would be ridiculous assertions.

Yes. It is. But sex isnt necessarily lust. It's the highest form of love if done correctly. I just can't imagine that heaven wouldn't have the greatest act that humanity could perform.

Actually... the highest form of love is "agape" love. Which is what God's love for us is. Unconditional love.

Sexual love falls under the Greek Word "eros". Which takes a prettty good beating in the bible.

My thought is, once we shed our human body and it's physical needs, we won't need Physical love anymore. Our souls will be complete, our knowledge will be greater, and our plane of existence will be much different.

IMO, there will be no sex in heaven. There won't be a need for it. Those longings for a connection(physical, emotional, spiritual) will be more than met once we leave our purposefully lacking physical bodies. I think it's part of God's plan to have us live in these bodies with so many needs and desires, in a world that we have been very poor caretakers of, to get us ready for the next life. Only when we experience a lifetime of joy, tears, successes and failures, desperation, fear and all the other feelings that a lifetime on this planet bring, can we understand enough to be brought into the life to come.

Hey, I could be wrong. Maybe it's all a test of how much crap you can accumulate before you die. Maybe it's a test of blind ambition and monetary gains. I doubt it. But maybe.

That's the difference between Christian and Islamic religions...Christians will pray for all people (and forgive our enemies), Islam believes if you aren't part of their religion then you should be dead. I'm pretty sure osama's prayer would only to his god to make sure they kill as many people as they can!

What an incredibly narrow view of a religion.

Take an extremists POV and expand it to the whole religion. That's like taking the Westboro Baptist Church and saying that's the way "all Christians are".

Both would be ridiculous assertions.

Many people DO believe all Christians are like the westboro church! And i don't believe what i said was narrow minded at all. It's the truth....I have NEVER heard of a muslim praying for someone that doesn't have the same beliefs as they do. If i'm wrong, i'll admit it...but someone prove to me that i am.

I think some of you are confusing praying for your enemy with stupidly trusting your enemy. I've prayed for Bin Laden. I've prayed that he would change his ways and see the error of killing innocent people over nothing. That certainly doesn't mean I would have had him over to dinner.

Many people DO believe all Christians are like the westboro church! And i don't believe what i said was narrow minded at all. It's the truth....I have NEVER heard of a muslim praying for someone that doesn't have the same beliefs as they do. If i'm wrong, i'll admit it...but someone prove to me that i am.

And how many Muslim prayers have you heard? I myself, have heard... oh... approximately... ZERO.

I think a better approach would be to prove you're right... perhaps pick up a Quran and read it.... lest you think your faith is not strong enough to read another culture's... then perhaps you shouldn't.

I still believe that Muslim society has more to do with terrorism than it's religion. You can see it everywhere. People wanting to be free of their oppressive dictatorships. Their previous expressions of frustration and anger(IMO) were directed towards the West. Not by the Quran, but by the people in power in their countries... Propaganda, if you will.

In short... I think that it's(and forgive me for saying so) rather beetleheaded to pass judgment on something that you really don't want to try to understand.

Hey, I am just as bad. I sit here and give them the benefit of the doubt without knowing much about the religion myself. But the difference is, I won't pass judgment on them.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — WPBF.com

At the Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church, Osama bin Laden appears on the bulletin for Sunday's service.

A parishioner made the prayer request for the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks on America.

Louis Pizzano Sr., a parishioner at the church, said he's against praying for the Al-Qaida leader, who was killed by U.S. Navy SEALs more than two weeks ago.

"I just don't think it's right, I really don't," Pizzano said. "I think what's happened to the American people, what he's done, what he was planning to do and because we killed him, it doesn't stop there."

The request has created a division between some parishioners.
Vince Stankey said he has no problem praying for the terrorist leader.

"The way he was trying to prove his god to do killing, I can't approve of that," Stankey said. "But I have mercy on his soul and I have to pray for him."

Pizzano said he will not pray for bin Laden on Sunday. He said he has a better idea.
"Let's pray for our soldiers that are over there, not for somebody that caused our soldiers to go over there," Pizzano said.

The prayer service is scheduled for Sunday at noon.

Bin Laden prayer request riles Florida church - Local News - West Palm Beach, FL - msnbc.com

Matthew 5:44 Jesus himself says "Love those who hate you and pray for those who persecute you."

I'd rather fogive my enemy then carry the hatred and bitterness of having an enemy with me.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is about reconciliation. The Atonement reconciles man with God, but it also helps reconcile us with our fellow man. When the Atonement works at it's fullness, our enemies are no longer our enemies, but rather our brethren.

The only way to defeat evil is to replace it with Good, not give evil back.

Avatar, while I applaud your willingness to espouse and live by such a philosophy it is exceptionally naive. There are two types of people on this planet... Predators and prey. If you're not a Predator you are prey. I hope you never have to come in contact with a true predator in your life because that worldview of yours screams prey like a blinking neon light over your head.

You can't serve two masters, you can either serve God or serve the world (Matthew 6:21) . It's easy to pass thru the wide gate of the world, the rocky path thru the narrow gate (Matthew 7:13) may lead to mortal death...that's the end that came to Jesus, most of the 12 apostles, Paul, Stephen and John the Baptist...What happened to the twelve (12) disciples of Jesus ? .

Jesus could have destroy his enemies with a thought, but instead he gave his mortal life to ensure eternal life for all of us, while asking God to forgive those who were at that very moment taking His mortal life.

The world honors the warrior, God blesses peacemaker. (Matthew 5:3-11)

The world respects the rich, God blesses the poor. (Luke 6:20-26)

The world glorifies power, God blesses the meek. (Matthew 5:3-11)

The world teaches you to hate your enemies, the Lord teaches you should love your enemies. (Matthew 5:44)

The world measures worth with the collection of material wealth, but the Lord says material wealth is worthless, that our real treasure is what we store in heaven. (Matthew 6:20)

It short, the way of Christ runs counter to the ways of the world, and always have.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back