Bin Laden is DEAD, thread from Hell

What do you think about the government's released information?

• I believe all of it, of course some stuff is withheld for security's sake

Votes: 39 39.8%
  • I believe none of it, seems like b-s to me

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • I'm not sure yet

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I believe most of it, some stuff fabricated for political reasons

Votes: 29 29.6%

• Total voters
And now for the Movie!

boedicca-albums-more-boedicca-s-stuff-picture3497-weekend.jpg

Who are conservatives to you?

People that state their views without name calling and cussing at people. Most importantly, people who have an open mind and will LISTEN and consider the fact that they could be wrong. That does not describe you, does it???

So, do they have to be wrong to be a conservative???

That seems to be the implication.

It seems in your mind that in order to be a good conservative they have to be losers.

Really?? That is what you got from my post??? Swell.

well as I thoguht, we could if we anted to, see the whole magailla...

May 12, 2011
SEAL helmet cams recorded entire bin Laden raid
More accurate version of what happened includes details that bin Laden first emerged on third floor, retreated to bedroom after shot fired

(CBS News)

WASHINGTON - A new picture emerged Thursday of what really happened the night the Navy SEALs swooped in on Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan.

CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports the 40 minutes it took to kill bin Laden and scoop his archives into garbage bags were all recorded by tiny helmet cameras worn by each of the 25 SEALs.

Officials reviewing those videos are still reconstructing a more accurate version of what happened. We now know that the only firefight took place in the guest house, where one of bin Laden's couriers opened fire and was quickly gunned down. No one in the main building got off a shot or was even armed, although there were weapons nearby.

SEAL helmet cams recorded entire bin Laden raid - CBS Evening News - CBS News

People that state their views without name calling and cussing at people. Most importantly, people who have an open mind and will LISTEN and consider the fact that they could be wrong. That does not describe you, does it???

So, do they have to be wrong to be a conservative???

That seems to be the implication.

It seems in your mind that in order to be a good conservative they have to be losers.

Really?? That is what you got from my post??? Swell.

I got; Take being wrong like a man

I don't know what your sex is, but you might want to take your own advice.

I know when to admit I'm wrong. I have a conscience. You know, that little tingling feeling that makes you doubt yourself and want to drop an untenable position.

Might want to try it once in awhile. The truth will set you free.

Notice I didn't swear once there.

Last edited:
Bin Laden’s death and the debate over torture
By John McCain, Published: May 11

I'm hoping that this will be read by you people that insist that water boarding was so instrumental in capturing OBL. Maybe you'll believe John McCain. Here is part of what he has said:

"Former attorney general Michael Mukasey recently claimed that “the intelligence that led to bin Laden . . . began with a disclosure from Khalid Sheik Mohammed, who broke like a dam under the pressure of harsh interrogation techniques that included waterboarding. He loosed a torrent of information — including eventually the nickname of a trusted courier of bin Laden. That is false.

I asked CIA Director Leon Panetta for the facts, and he told me the following: The trail to bin Laden did not begin with a disclosure from Khalid Sheik Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times. The first mention of Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti — the nickname of the al-Qaeda courier who ultimately led us to bin Laden — as well as a description of him as an important member of al-Qaeda, came from a detainee held in another country, who we believe was not tortured. None of the three detainees who were waterboarded provided Abu Ahmed’s real name, his whereabouts or an accurate description of his role in al-Qaeda.

In fact, the use of “enhanced interrogation techniques” on Khalid Sheik Mohammed produced false and misleading information. He specifically told his interrogators that Abu Ahmed had moved to Peshawar, got married and ceased his role as an al-Qaeda facilitator — none of which was true. According to the staff of the Senate intelligence committee, the best intelligence gained from a CIA detainee — information describing Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti’s real role in al-Qaeda and his true relationship to bin Laden — was obtained through standard, noncoercive means.

I know from personal experience that the abuse of prisoners sometimes produces good intelligence but often produces bad intelligence because under torture a person will say anything he thinks his captors want to hear — true or false — if he believes it will relieve his suffering. Often, information provided to stop the torture is deliberately misleading."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...e-over-torture/2011/05/11/AFd1mdsG_print.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back