Bin Laden is dead.........General Motors is alive

What else do you need to know?

There's a lot of fail in that.
Bin Laden should have been watched to trace his network. It was a complete fail to kill him when they did without gathering more information. We could have been much further on the way to rounding up the rest of Al Qaida and would still have a good rapport with the Pakistani government. Yes, I know they are a corrupt bunch of liars, but we would have been in charge of information they didn't know we had. We could have exposed them as liars to their faces later and embarrassed them into better control of their internal politics. We might have even aided them in eliminating some of their own internal scum.

General Motors successor corporation would have been much more successful had they been forced through normal bankruptcy reformation. They would have been freed from all of those contracts and obligations in a reorganization under normal rules and the taxpayer would have had less of a bill for it.

Both bias and ignorance of how our Intel / SOFs work are evident in your claim about taking out OBL.
That was the one thing Obama did really, really well.

Sure Obama was President when we got Obama but giving him credit for it makes about as much sense as blaming him for tornadoes in Joplin and Tuscaloosa

Drastic times call for drastic actions

Drastic times call for drastic things to happen... but not that government is to go beyond its power to make them happen... you fucking pig

Great politicians like FDR, JFK and Obama realize that economic numbers are not Dow Jones averages, GDP updates or employment figures. Those numbers are peoples lives, their families, their very existence

The let it fail, let it bottom out, let it ride mentality of the rightwing means......Let them suffer

A pending economic collapse is not a time to enact a survival of the fittest strategy. It is a time for strong government action to mitigate the economic impact on those least capable of surviving it

That would be all well and good, Winger except that for most people in the private sector, this President has given them anything BUT strong action to mitigate the economic impact of the recession. He's taken care of people in the unions that backed him...he's taken care of public sector people...but what has Barack Obama done for the rest of the private sector? What policies of his have been there to help THOSE people? Did the drilling moratorium in the Gulf help people out of work down there? Did putting off the pipeline to curry favor with environmentalists help people looking for jobs in the midwest? Did his DOJ's lawsuit against Boeing help people looking to work in South Carolina? Did his passage of ObamaCare help put people back to work? Did his attempts to pass Cap & Trade legislation and Card Check legislation create more or less jobs?

Where has this President been while millions of Americans suffered through the highest levels of long term unemployment since the Great Depression? Playing golf on the Vineyard while he supposedly worked on his sweeping "jobs plan"? Something which turned out to be just a rehash of his first stimulus only watered down and with a name change?

If you folks really want another four years of excuses...then vote for Barry. You'll get what you deserve.

There's a lot of fail in that.
Bin Laden should have been watched to trace his network. It was a complete fail to kill him when they did without gathering more information. We could have been much further on the way to rounding up the rest of Al Qaida and would still have a good rapport with the Pakistani government. Yes, I know they are a corrupt bunch of liars, but we would have been in charge of information they didn't know we had. We could have exposed them as liars to their faces later and embarrassed them into better control of their internal politics. We might have even aided them in eliminating some of their own internal scum.

General Motors successor corporation would have been much more successful had they been forced through normal bankruptcy reformation. They would have been freed from all of those contracts and obligations in a reorganization under normal rules and the taxpayer would have had less of a bill for it.

Both bias and ignorance of how our Intel / SOFs work are evident in your claim about taking out OBL.

Sure Obama was President when we got Obama but giving him credit for it makes about as much sense as blaming him for tornadoes in Joplin and Tuscaloosa

I disagree completely. But then I'm actually capable of acknowledging his accomplishments as well as criticizing his shortcomings - just as I can do with the ConservaRepubLitarians.
Obama definitely deserves credit for it.

Three years, and this is the best you got?

Seriously?

Remember what things were like three YEARS ago?

When you guys had us on the brink of another great depression?

Good times.
Good times.

Americans tend to have memories that are both short and selective. I remember early 2009. You couldn't turn on the tv without having antidepressants nearby. It was truly the end of the world as we knew it.
Do I think Obama single-handedly saved the country? Oh hell no. Contrary to what both LibDems and ConservaRepubs say, I think he was mostly a non-factor.

I disagree completely. But then I'm actually capable of acknowledging his accomplishments as well as criticizing his shortcomings - just as I can do with the ConservaRepubLitarians.

So we would have gotten Osama without Bush's policies?

So we would have gotten Osama without Bush's policies?

A couple things:
1. If you're referring to water-boarding, then definitely yes. Only the whackiest of kool-aid drinkers still think we got any actionable intel from that stupid and ineffective technique.
2. Actually, we got OBL because Obama reversed Bush's agenda of "Bin Laden isn't important".
Obama shifted the focus onto the Taliban. He has decimated them. Then he ordered dozens of ops and operatives to follow leads that Bush ignored for years. Then he negotiated the public release of an American spy who had the critical intel. Then he decided to break our agreement with the ISI. Then he authorized going into a nuclear country that at best, pretends to be an ally. All while his political opponents were just hoping something would go wrong.

But of course, ConservaRepubs who drink the kool-aid, can't "connect the dots" unless they somehow lead directly to the worst president in our history - Bush.

Forum List

Back