Bin Laden Determined To Attack Inside The United States

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Condi told us just today that was the title to the Aug. 6, 2001 PDB (Presidential Daily Briefing). But of course, the briefing was held between the brush cleaning, bullshit scooping chores of typical Western Whitehouse chores and just maybe it was overlooked or not taken too seriously. Goodness. Did she actually mean that the PDB's are not important?

on edit: I added an "s" to "Preidential"

Didn't she also say something to the effect that there was nothing of signifigance in that report?

Maybe it was that there wasn't an immediate threat-I have to go look it up.

If I remember correctly, she said the report showed a history of the terrorist attacks from Al-Qaida, but gave no indication as to the possibility or nature of any future attacks.

She said there was "no specific information,only vague references. This isn't about Bush ignoring anything,but it seems you are trying to make it sound that way.

The title doesn't indicate anything historical, it indicates a need to address an urgent dilemma. How else could one interpret those words?

I'm aware of that, But you make it sound as if they blew it off,when they didn't. She said there was no immediate threat in that briefing. Big title,but nothing immediate was in it-what were they supposed to do-look in their crystal balls?

The title says he is determined. The South was determined to win the War Between the States, the Nazis were determined to exterminate the Jews, and the Arabs, recently, were determined to wipe out Israel. Determination just means you have an idea and you are motivated to have it succeed. We have no idea what was in the memo, or if it said anything more specific abouthow OBL planned to attack.

Yeah, you're right. It was just a title and maybe it got lost in meaning amongst all the face saving of the Enron, Worldcom, Tyco and other more urgent national concerns. Just what did that PDB say, anyway, to be so distracting and unavailing as to it's title?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Yeah, you're right. It was just a title and maybe it got lost in meaning amongst all the face saving of the Enron, Worldcom, Tyco and other more urgent national concerns. Just what did that PDB say, anyway, to be so distracting and unavailing as to it's title?

It was hard for us to tell what it said,because those rude ass***** were interupting Rice too much. There was no specific threat to the U.S. in the briefing!!!!

Come on, now Pscyho, you're dodging the gist of my post. You don't know any more than I do what the memo says, only the title. And the title says that OBL didn't like the US on August 6th, 2001 (coincedentally my birthday). Big deal. Lots of people didn't like the US and would have loved to pull off what he did. That doesn't mean that Bush was covering it up or ignoring it. It means that he was briefed that OBL was plotting against the US.

Well, I don't know about you, but I think the time constrictions and cutting off of legitamate questioning was far more "rude" than anything I heard from any questioner of Condi today. Sooner or later we will find the truth. This obfuscating and sidestepping of the issues will only delay this discovery. Possibly, I hope not, beyond our lifetimes.

Come on.there is no sidestepping. She told them everything they wanted to hear. This commission is supposed to be non partisan and supposed to be helping to figure out where we went wrong,and how to prevent it. Seems to me the Bush adm. has nothing to hide.

Sidestepping? Is that what you heard?

If you'd like, I'd like to tell you what I heard.

I heard, from certain commissioners, several statements of unsubstantianted rhetoric spoken condescendingly, and yet in a 'throw-away' manner, followed quickly by two or more somewhat related questions asked concurrently, without waiting for a reply, followed by repeated and rude interruptions of the interviewee demanding that the answer they wanted need only concern itself with the very last thing they asked, with the implied desire being that all that preceeded it be accepted as fact and subsequently unchallenged.

Did you not hear that?

Forum List

Back