Bin Laden Arrest Offer Spurned as Clinton Met Lewinsky

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by jimnyc, Apr 3, 2004.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    *** Ok Dems, tell me again how Clinton did so much to fight terrorism! ***

At least two offers from the government of Sudan to arrest Osama bin Laden and turn him over to the U.S. were rebuffed by the Clinton administration in February and March of 1996, a period of time when ex-President Clinton's attention was distracted by his intensifying relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

One of the offers took place during a secret meeting in Washington, the same day Clinton was meeting with Lewinsky in the White House just miles away.

On Feb. 6, 1996, then-U.S. ambassador to the Sudan Tim Carney met with Sudanese Foreign Minister Ali Osman Mohammed Taha at Taha's home in the capital city of Khartoum. The meeting took place just a half mile from bin Laden's residence at the time, according to Richard Miniter's book, "Losing bin Laden."

Then came the bombshell offer:

"If you want bin Laden, we will give you bin Laden," Foreign Minister Taha told Ambassador Carney.

Still, with the extraordinarily fortuitous offer on the table, back in Washington President Clinton had other things on his mind.

A timeline of events chronicled in the Starr Report shows that during the period of late January through March 1996, Mr. Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky was then at its most intense.

On Feb. 4, 1996, for instance - two days before Ambassador Carney's key meeting with the Sudanese Foreign Minister, the president was focused not on Osama bin Laden, but instead on the 23-year old White House intern.

Read the rest here:
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/3/123551.shtml

2. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Figures, they ought to just do it now and ban the Democratic party, I mean they are really to blame for most of the ills in America domestically and in foriegn matters.

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I have heard this before,jim. I am interested in this book. I brought this up on another board I get on sometimes (not a political board) and a couplr of Dems on thee argues with me and said that the Republican Congress wouldn't let 'ol Bill catch him. Sounded like bull to me,but I would like to see this book. I'm not sure,but I think I saw the author on O'Reilly one night. If it is ths same guy,he made a very good case that Clinton let him go.

I personally think a lot was let go in the Clinton years because of that scandal hence the U.S.S. Cole.

4. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Yeah, but it was only about sex. And really it is the republican's fault for even making an issue out of it. Clinton could have received hummers and ran the country at the same time. The impeachment process was just an unnecessary distraction. :rolleyes:

5. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Seriously, the partisanship that propelled the admonishment of the Newt in 1998 simply must be considered here. What was that about an "aspirin factory" in Sudan? Jeesh, some of you cat's can't be real? Waving the magic wand, ? The power of Bill Clinton's dick still amazes and consumes you?

6. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    It amazes me that people don't realize how badly he fucked up as a president. Had a been a little more responsive with Sudan, instead of worrying about hiding his indiscretions, Osama likely would have been out of the picture long ago. Funny how the dems want to avoid this issue entirely and blame Bush 100% for everything.

7. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Hey its really unarguable that he seriously fucked up and was in dereliction of duty, hell even he admits that. The problem is that Demos don't want to admit it, they are trying to make an end around Bubba and go for Bush when he is trying to wipe Bubba's ass after he shit himself for 8 years.

For clarification I think the pipe smoking that Bubba got from Harmonica was about the only good thing he did during his 8 disastorous years, at least he wasn't queer.

8. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    SDick, I mean Sick. Some of you are seriously sick.

9. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Not nearly as sick as a man that thinks getting his knob sucked is more important than national security.

10. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Gotta admire the Demos though, Bubba is their leader and they will go down with the ship if need be. Loyal little bastards they are.