Billy Wilders finest hour

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
In my view this film is the greatest American film of all time.This doc throws some interesting perspectives on the film and is fascinating to watch.
I was 17 when I first saw it and pining for a girl I couldnt have. I had total empathy for Jack Lemmon and was cheering for him at the end. Shirley Maclaine was gorgeous.
Interesting that Wilder was a refugee from the Nazis. I wonder how many more geniuses were lost ?

In my view this film is the greatest American film of all time.

Of which Wilder film do you speak? Or do you consider the Wilder documentary clip you posted to be the greatest American film of all time?

You guys don't get much Shirley MacLaine over there do ya?

They have their own Shirley MacLaine...

a73e7e94920292fe1d40b8a6c5f5b9a3.jpg

So is the feather lady ...

57-800x445.jpg

That ain't makeup.

I won't even put up a recent pic of Diana Rigg ... unless you tell me you haven't eaten recently.

So is the feather lady ...

57-800x445.jpg

That ain't makeup.

I won't even put up a recent pic of Diana Rigg ... unless you tell me you haven't eaten recently.
She was very good in Game of Thrones

In my view this film is the greatest American film of all time.This doc throws some interesting perspectives on the film and is fascinating to watch.
I was 17 when I first saw it and pining for a girl I couldnt have. I had total empathy for Jack Lemmon and was cheering for him at the end. Shirley Maclaine was gorgeous.
Interesting that Wilder was a refugee from the Nazis. I wonder how many more geniuses were lost ?

The Apartment was a great movie. It was romantic, funny, and a bit melancholy. It's Wilder's best.

The Apartment was only one of 20 great films produced by the The Mirich Comany which include:
Some Like It Hot
The Apartment
The Magnificent Seven
The Pink Panther
In The Heat Of The Night
West Side Story
The Thomas Crown Affair
The Great Escape
Fiddler On The Roof

I think Shirley MacLaine's best role was the floozy opposite Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin in "Some Came Running".
She has played in so many good movies, musicals, dramas, and comedies, I find it hard to pick her best. In "Some Came Running", her performance was stellar. One of my favorites is "Being There", probably not her best role but a good movie.

So many Wilder flicks to pick from Buddy Boy

Forum List

Back