~Billy The Kid Photo Sold~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
The last known photograph of the 1800s outlaw, Billy The Kid, was sold Saturday at an auction. It fetched $2.3 million dollars and was bought by billionaire William Koch.
It was an old tintype, those are the old timey photos I like to collect. I have quite a few, I find them at antique markets. And I have several from the Victorian era, the early 1900s. All the photographs made from way back then seem to be better quality photos than the ones made these days. I don't have any famous ones like this one that just sold.
I enclosed the link to the article, and it has the photo that was sold. But Billy The Kid doesn't even look like a badass :lol:

Billy The Kid Image Sold To Billionaire William Koch For $2.3M

Last edited:
The last known photograph of the 1800s outlaw, Billy The Kid, was sold Saturday at an auction. It fetched $2.3 million dollars and was bought by billionaire William Koch.
It was an old tintype, those are the old timey photos I like to collect. I have quite a few, I find them at antique markets. And I have several from the Victorian era, the early 1900s. All the photographs made from way back then seem to be better quality photos than the ones made these days. I don't have any famous ones like this one that just sold.
I enclosed the link to the article, and it has the photo that was sold. But Billy The Kid doesn't even look like a badass :lol:

Looks can be deceiving.

I went to H.S. with this guy.

Wayne Nance......serial-killer

http://www.ci.missoula.mt.us/DocumentView.aspx?DID=457

Last edited:
It was an old tintype, those are the old timey photos I like to collect. I have quite a few, I find them at antique markets. And I have several from the Victorian era, the early 1900s.
Maybe you could scan them and post a few of em? I like the old black and white "daguerreotype" pics too. I look at them and wonder how they lived, what they were thinking and so on.

It was an old tintype, those are the old timey photos I like to collect. I have quite a few, I find them at antique markets. And I have several from the Victorian era, the early 1900s.
Maybe you could scan them and post a few of em? I like the old black and white "daguerreotype" pics too. I look at them and wonder how they lived, what they were thinking and so on.

I will see what I can do, K?? :)

Wow, $2.3 billion on a picture, no wonder Koch needs tax relieve.

Forum List

Back