Billy Graham Purchases Ads

Brigham Young had 55 wives.

King Solomon had 700 wives.

So the fundie Billy Gantry...errrrr...Graham says we should elect a Mormon to preserve the oh so important inviolable sanctity of the definition of marriage as one woman one man?

Religion should not be as comical as idiots like this go out of their way to make it.

"...to diligently and consistently remain politically neutral and nonpartisan throughout his public ministry..."

Yeah, there's nothing partisan in that ad...

:lol::lol::lol:

1. "Broaddrick recanted her earlier sworn statement when interviewed by the FBI about the Jones case; the FBI found her account inconclusive, and the affidavit denying the allegations remains her only sworn testimony.

Exactly the point, Bizarro Chick... she told two different stories. One of them was a lie. She presented no evidence for the more extreme one. Not one bit of physical evidence.

So after blowing 70 million dollars on a panty-sniffing raid, Ken Starr brought out this unreliable witness even his own investigators didn't really believe to smear the president.

Case closed.

3. "If they claimed for 150 years that Mormonism is a cult, and now it isn't a cult because a Mormon might get them something they want, what does that say about their faith?"

The only answer I have to that one is the only answer you could give for voting for the rapist.....

..it comes down to a vote for what one sees as the lesser of two evils.

Not really.

Now, mind you, I stopped believing in magic friends in the sky in my 20's... but if you REALLY believe there is a magic man up in the sky, deciding whether or not to torment people for all eternity if they believe in the wrong religion or go to the wrong church, it would strike me that tacitily legitimizing Mormonism and therefore letting people get lured into eternal damnation would be the greater evil...

if you beleived in that shit.

I personally refuse to believe the universe is that badly designed.

Of course, if you are in the business of just luring people into silly beliefs to fatten your own pocketbook, and you think that the guy who belongs to what you previously called a cult will be better for your bottom line, then you can easily throw principle out the window, I guess.

Again, realized religion was a lot of bullshit at an early age, and this is why.

1. Seems to be a pattern.....

....whenever you Leftists are confronted with dispositve information, such that it destroys your position....

The only pattern I see here is your lack of reasoning skills.

From the VERY ARTICLE you posted..

According to Politifact, an independent fact-checking organization that looked into similar claims made by former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum on the campaign trail, Obama voiced his opposition to the new legislation as a state senator because it would have given legal status to fetuses and would thus have been struck down by the courts, and because Illinois already had laws to ensure infants who survived abortions would be given medical attention.

However, by opposing the bill, Obama was not voting to legalize infanticide (as Gingrich said) or to prevent doctors from giving infants medical attention.

In short, you guys have been repeating this shit since Crazy Alan Keyes brought it up in 2004, and you keep pretending it's true.

I think what the reverend's endorsement will do is energize those who already wanted "anybody but Obama" to urge their friends and neighbors to vote for Gov Romney.

I think what the reverend's endorsement will do is energize those who already wanted "anybody but Obama" to urge their friends and neighbors to vote for Gov Romney.

Hey now wait a minute. Its' not an endorsement of Romney. That would mess up Graham's tax exempt loopholes.

Billy Graham is just following Ralph Reed who also endorsed Romney and is working to mobilize the evangelical Christians to get out the vote.

obama won the election with McCain by 10 million votes. There is an estimate of twice that many evangelicals who didn't vote at all in that election. In 2008, the Christian Coalition did not send out a Christian voter guide. This year they did. That, along with the support of groups that voted obama last time, but have changed, means a comfortable win for Romney.

It's because in America, like all other things, Religion is a product to be sold for maximum profit. And they have to pretend to remain consistant. They were preachin' and wavin' and carrying on about Obama 4 years ago... how he's the devil.

They can't change that now. So instead, they have to do away with a consistant position of considering Mormonism a perversion of Christianity to keep the sheep bleating the right tune.

Vote Republican, or go to hell, and by the way the cheque is due for this month.

Billy Graham is just following Ralph Reed who also endorsed Romney and is working to mobilize the evangelical Christians to get out the vote.

obama won the election with McCain by 10 million votes. There is an estimate of twice that many evangelicals who didn't vote at all in that election. In 2008, the Christian Coalition did not send out a Christian voter guide. This year they did. That, along with the support of groups that voted obama last time, but have changed, means a comfortable win for Romney.

Again, you are being delusional.

2008 was a record election year, with 7 million more people than voted in 2004. 2004 had 22 million more voters than 2000. so in an 8 year period, the percentage of voters increased by 22%.

If anything, Obama can take comfort. The Democrat candidate has increased his vote total in every election since 1980. If Obama even gets the average voter increase for the Democrat, he'll get 7 million more votes than he did in 2008.

The Republican candidate, by comparison, has ups and downs. They've decreased their voter total in 2008 by about 3 million.

But here's the thing you skip. For years, Evangelicals like Grahmm claimed Mormons were heretics leading people to damnation. Is he now saying they aren't?

Now after reading PC's endless copy & paste posts, I thought I'd interject some thought. I like to post things that require thought, not other people's thoughts/opinions.
I can understand where Graham is coming from. He's sticking to the Word of God because it's what Christianity is built and based on. No problem there.
The thing that I always find rather puzzling is that the Bible mentions so many other things that Christians are to follow. Yet Graham and many Christians ignore those teaching when they get involved with political "wedge issues". Are they judging God's Word as mortals to what is the most important?
Anyway, The Bible is chock full of verses in reference to helping the poor and weak. The Bible is full of verses that tells us that we are to take care of God's Earth. Now these two issues, plus the two main issues that drive Graham and the Christian Right are not embraced by one party, two are embraced by the right and two are embraced by the left.
Now to me, all four issues, gay marriage, abortion, taking care of the poor/weak and taking care of God's Earth are all important for me. By following just some of God's instructions and not others seems wrong to me.
I don't think Graham is doing anything wrong, but I don't think he is doing everything right per all of God's Will.

If Obama even gets the average voter increase for the Democrat, he'll get 7 million more votes than he did in 2008.

IF
grandma had a dick, she'd be grandpa.

Ooookay...

Obviously reasoning is one of those things you don't get.

Fact is, the Democratic Demographics are growing. (Women, minorities, young people). The Republican Democragphics are shrinking. (Old White Males)

Now after reading PC's endless copy & paste posts, I thought I'd interject some thought. I like to post things that require thought, not other people's thoughts/opinions.
I can understand where Graham is coming from. He's sticking to the Word of God because it's what Christianity is built and based on. No problem there.
The thing that I always find rather puzzling is that the Bible mentions so many other things that Christians are to follow. Yet Graham and many Christians ignore those teaching when they get involved with political "wedge issues". Are they judging God's Word as mortals to what is the most important?
Anyway, The Bible is chock full of verses in reference to helping the poor and weak. The Bible is full of verses that tells us that we are to take care of God's Earth. Now these two issues, plus the two main issues that drive Graham and the Christian Right are not embraced by one party, two are embraced by the right and two are embraced by the left.
Now to me, all four issues, gay marriage, abortion, taking care of the poor/weak and taking care of God's Earth are all important for me. By following just some of God's instructions and not others seems wrong to me.
I don't think Graham is doing anything wrong, but I don't think he is doing everything right per all of God's Will.

"God's Will" is whatever is policically expedient at the time.

obama doesn't have the support he had last time. He's lost women, although he still has women on welfare locked up. He's lost Jews, he's lost entire demographics and even lost some blacks over his same sex marriage position.

obama is not going to get the same people who voted for him last time voting for him this time and he's certainly not going to add to that.

Fact is, the Democratic Demographics are growing. (Women, minorities, young people). The Republican Democragphics are shrinking. (Old White Males)

Exactly. That is how Romney is over 51% per Gallop.

His shrinking base.

Gallup (not Gallop) is counting the electorate as being 79% white.

In 2008, the electorate was only 74% white, and it's likely to be only 72% white this time.

Assuming that no non whites will vote for Romney, like it assumes no women will vote for Romney.

obama doesn't have the support he had last time. He's lost women, although he still has women on welfare locked up. He's lost Jews, he's lost entire demographics and even lost some blacks over his same sex marriage position.

obama is not going to get the same people who voted for him last time voting for him this time and he's certainly not going to add to that.

There's a lot of wishful thinking there.

'Poll: Obama pulls ahea... JPost - 2012: The US Presidential race

According to an unreleased Gallup poll given to Buzzfeed, Jewish voters support Obama over rival Mitt Romney at a ratio of 70 to 25, about the same proportion that supported Obama to Senator John McCain (69 to 25) at the same point in the 2008 election.

Whoops.

Hey, what about Hispanics?

Poll: Obama has 35-point lead with Latino voters - POLITICO.com

Hispanics, the largest-growing segment of the U.S. population over the past decade, said they preferred Obama over Romney in the presidential race, 63 to 28 percent.

I could find similar polls about women or blacks, but you get the idea.

There isn't the mass defection you are hoping for...

Forum List

Back