Billy Graham Likens America to Sodom & Gomorrah

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
I'm not generally a Billy Graham kind of Christian but I have to agree with him fully on this issue and some of the statements he made concerning it. He's calling for Christian prayer to minimize God's wrath on this wicked nation. Although I do believe in prayer there's a part of me that believes that God's wrath is exactly what this nation needs to get her back on track and focused in the right direction.

Rev. Billy Graham: ‘America is Just as Wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah Ever Were’
... America was “founded by men who believed in prayer” and that prayer can turn “the tide of history,” adding that while “America is just as wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah” and deserves “the judgment of God,” this judgment can be lessened through prayer.
“Even though America is just as wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah ever were, and as deserving of the judgment of God, God would spare us if we were earnestly praying, with hearts that had been cleansed and washed by the blood of Christ,” said Rev. Graham in his commentary for Decision magazine, published by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

“The problems of the world will never be settled unless our national leaders go to God in prayer,” he said. “If only they would discover the power and wisdom that there is in reliance upon God, we could soon see the solution to the grave problems that face the world!”
Rev. Billy Graham America is Just as Wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah Ever Were CNS News

Graham is 95 and reportedly often bedridden at his home in Montreat, N.C. His commentary in the October issue of Decision, under the headline “Turning the Tide of History,” was reprinted from a sermon he delivered Jan. 7, 1962 on the Hour of Decision radio program.

If this was part of a sermon given in 1962 then it shows that we have not changed course since then. We are even more wicked and even more deserving of God's wrath.

In 1965 Paul Harvey read an essay "If I were the Devil". That essay is more true today than it was in 1965.

If this was part of a sermon given in 1962 then it shows that we have not changed course since then. We are even more wicked and even more deserving of God's wrath.

In 1965 Paul Harvey read an essay "If I were the Devil". That essay is more true today than it was in 1965.
I'll take the America of today over the America of 1962 any day

We're likely on par with Sodom and Gomorrah. Judgment day is just around the corner. Not enough Christians left to turn the tide without the supernatural presence of God. But our future (the world's future) has already been written down in the annals of Prophetic history. So, instead of praying that the tide be turned it's much better to pray that "God's will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

We're likely on par with Sodom and Gomorrah. Judgment day is just around the corner. Not enough Christians left to turn the tide without the supernatural presence of God. But our future (the world's future) has already been written down in the annals of Prophetic history. So, instead of praying that the tide be turned it's much better to pray that "God's will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."

You take care of you and yours. No one else matters. America is turning into a nation of sexual deviants and drug addicts. Stay as far away as you can from the corrupt soup.

Billy, stfu.

620510481.jpg

Jerusalem's Annual Gay Pride Parade.

If God hasn't extracted vengeance there maybe His problem with it has been exaggerated.

You take care of you and yours. No one else matters. America is turning into a nation of sexual deviants and drug addicts. Stay as far away as you can from the corrupt soup.

Your drama would be better with jazz hands.

Don't miss the point. America doesn't FEEL as good as Sodom and Gomorrah. We aren't there yet where feeling good is all that matters. If it is sexually titillating or mind altering, it is good. Everything else is bad.

Man, I love it when you talk dirty to me like that.

'Turning into...?' Nothing like ignorance helping to make your point. Google sex in the civil war sometime. Know what little drummer boys were used for?

The thing that sticks in my mind most about S & G , is how Lot, a father, was willing to send his two virgins daughters out to the men so they could have their way with them.
and this is the man God chose to save. :eek:

'Turning into...?' Nothing like ignorance helping to make your point. Google sex in the civil war sometime. Know what little drummer boys were used for?

Were there laws that protected those who raped the little drummer boys? If someone bashed the face of such a rapist in, were they called gay bashers and accused of a hate crime? This is not about what individuals do, because individuals will always be cruel. This is about what is acceptable and promoted in the larger society. America is a long way down the road of legitimizing and protecting sexual deviancy. It is a long way down to road of legalizing and protecting drug addiction. Not what individuals do. What the society accepts.

The thing that sticks in my mind most about S & G , is how Lot, a father, was willing to send his two virgins daughters out to the men so they could have their way with them.
and this is the man God chose to save. :eek:
He offered his daughters to protect the travelers under his protection. It was a noble offer of sacrifice. The men were homosexual. They weren't interested in women. They had rape of the male travelers on their minds. Travelers that Lot already knew were Angels sent to destroy the city.

I do agree with you to some extent. After reading the teachings of Jesus and comparing that to modern Christianity, there are hardly any Christians at all.

Graham is 95 and reportedly often bedridden at his home in Montreat, N.C. His commentary in the October issue of Decision, under the headline “Turning the Tide of History,” was reprinted from a sermon he delivered Jan. 7, 1962 on the Hour of Decision radio program.

That old bible thumping cracker raked in billions from those with lesser IQ's

Forum List

Back