Billions Lost in Afghanistan Due to Fraud, Waste, and Abuse

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I don't know about you but this doesn't surprise me at all. Corruption and the Middle East are synonymous.

A new report from the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD IG) exposes even more fraud, waste and/or corruption in America’s ongoing war in Afghanistan. This latest report reveals that more than $3.1 billion of U.S. taxpayer funds provided to the Afghan Armed Forces from 2014 through 2017 was grossly mismanaged.

And here's another eye opener:

CSTC-A also cannot properly track the status of some 95,000 vehicles that the United States has given the Afghans because officials did not properly inventory the types and quantities of vehicles provided.

Furthermore, the IG blamed CSTC-A officials for failing to properly train the Afghans to maintain those vehicles, leaving the U.S. military to spend about $21 million to replace engines and transmissions that should have been the Afghans responsibility.

President Trump says we're going to "leave Syria soon" so why doesn't he say the same thing about this quagmire?

More @ Prison Planet.com » Pentagon Admits Billions In US Funds Disappeared in Afghanistan To “Fraud, Waste And Abuse”

I don't know about you but this doesn't surprise me at all. Corruption and the Middle East are synonymous.

A new report from the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General (DoD IG) exposes even more fraud, waste and/or corruption in America’s ongoing war in Afghanistan. This latest report reveals that more than $3.1 billion of U.S. taxpayer funds provided to the Afghan Armed Forces from 2014 through 2017 was grossly mismanaged.

CSTC-A also cannot properly track the status of some 95,000 vehicles that the United States has given the Afghans because officials did not properly inventory the types and quantities of vehicles provided.

Furthermore, the IG blamed CSTC-A officials for failing to properly train the Afghans to maintain those vehicles, leaving the U.S. military to spend about $21 million to replace engines and transmissions that should have been the Afghans responsibility.

President Trump says we're going to "leave Syria soon" so why doesn't he say the same thing about this quagmire?

More @ Prison Planet.com » Pentagon Admits Billions In US Funds Disappeared in Afghanistan To “Fraud, Waste And Abuse”
We for some reason like to double down on failed policy.

My favorite is the fact we are paying the Taliban, the people we are supposed to be fighting, for security duty on our convoys out to remote outposts. I guess everything is okay, as long as the check clears?

My favorite is the fact we are paying the Taliban, the people we are supposed to be fighting, for security duty on our convoys out to remote outposts. I guess everything is okay, as long as the check clears?
This should not come as a surprise, this is what Rome did. They also built walls! We make the same mistakes Rome did and do not learn. Look at the check list of what experts call the reasons for the fall of Rome, it is like we are purposely doing the same tthing! We are also privatizing our armies, you can go on and on!

This should not come as a surprise, this is what Rome did. They also built walls! We make the same mistakes Rome did and do not learn. Look at the check list of what experts call the reasons for the fall of Rome, it is like we are purposely doing the same tthing! We are also privatizing our armies, you can go on and on!
Didn't they hire the Visigoth's to augment their military?

That's like Israel hiring Nazi's to help patrol the Gaza border.

Didn't they hire the Visigoth's to augment their military?

That's like Israel hiring Nazi's to help patrol the Gaza border.
Yes the same fucks that attacked them in the first place! Sound familiar? They brought the dark ages! The Visogoths used their wall against them!
PS. Right out of the art of war. The Taliban has taken what is ours and made it theirs! They will most certainly use it against us!

Last edited:
Yes the same fucks that attacked them in the first place! Sound familiar? They brought the dark ages! The Visogoths used their wall against them!
PS. Right out of the art of war. The Taliban has taken what is ours and made it theirs! They will most certainly use it against us!
What did they take? I admit, I'm no fan, of the Taliban. They're a fucked up theocracy. But what did they do to us?

What did they take? I admit, I'm no fan, of the Taliban. They're a fucked up theocracy. But what did they do to us?
Our treasure, we are paying them!

But then corruption and waste are also very well know to the US. And it is the US that was wasting here, and not the Middle East.

Forum List

Back