Billionaires’ Huddle

Tugman

Rookie
May 20, 2010
Coach: We have a problem. Middle Class is too big We need to thin out the population, and bring back the wealth where it belongs, I’m looking for answers. Big Agriculture! what do you got?

Big Agriculture: Between cheap carbohydrate food ,pesticide riddled fruit and vegetables and hormone and antibiotic infested meat and dairy we are doing everything we can!

Coach: Great stuff! we can always count on you. Big Insurance! what can you do?

Big Insurance: We have premiums just out of their reach and those who manage to sneak through we just deny coverage until its too late for them.

Coach: You guy’s are great! Keep squeezing them. Big Finance what are you bringing in?

Big Finance: Our agreements have them spinning! We tweak up interest rates until they squeal, then between fees and gambling with their nest eggs we have them on the ropes!

Coach: Keep them on the run! I love it! Big Oil you’re a key player what’s your contribution?

Big Oil: Times have never been better! The Middle East is in chaos! Big Finance is running up the prices with speculation and we own Politics.

Coach: I love you guy’s! Politics you are our highest paid player! What’s going on with you?

Politics: We are earning our money! All you guys can do what you want. If there is a law in your way we just won’t enforce it. By the time we are done with them they won’t be able to leave the house without breaking the law. We’ve got the tax code so confused they will never figure it out. And we have them on separate sides Red and Blue.

Coach: The old “Divide and Conquer” one of my favorite plays! Everyone is doing their part! Keep your eye on the prize and get out there and make them hurt!

..ah yes, the 'corpse'ration$ have been at it a long time!..unfortunately most/all republicrats 'flail at the leaves of the tree of evil, never striking the root$'.. ;)

It was known in 1833 that corporations threatened the welfare of the nation

"Against Corporations of every kind, the objection may be brought that whatever power is given to them is so much taken from either the government or the people. As the object of charters is to give to members of companies powers which they would not possess in their individual capacity, the very existence of monied corporations is incompatible with equality of rights.

Corporations are unfavorable to the progress of national wealth. As the Argus eyes of private interest do not watch over their concerns, their affairs are much more carelessly and much more expensively conducted than those of individuals. What would be the condition of the merchant who should trust everything to his clerks, or of the farmer who should trust everything to his laborers? Corporations are obliged to trust everything to stipendiaries, who are oftentimes less trustworthy than the clerks of the merchant or the laborers of the farmer.

Such are the inherent defects of corporations that they never can succeed, except when the laws or circumstances give them a monopoly or advantages partaking of the nature of a monopoly. Sometimes they are protected by direct inhibitions to individuals to engage in the same business. Sometimes they are protected by an exemption from liabilities to which individuals are subjected. Sometimes the extent of their capital or of their credit gives them a control of the market. They cannot, even then, work as cheap as the individual trader, but they can afford to throw away enough money in the contest to ruin the individual trader, and then they have the market to themselves.

If a poor man suffers aggression from a rich man, the disproportion of power is such that it may be difficult for him to obtain redress; but if a man is aggrieved by a corporation, he may have all its stockholders, all its clerks, and all its protégés for parties against him. Corporations are so powerful as frequently to bid defiance to government.

If a man is unjust or an extortioner, society is, sooner or later, relieved from the burden by his death. But corporations never die. What is worst of all (if worse than what has already been stated be possible) is that want of moral feeling and responsibility which characterizes corporations. A celebrated English writer expressed the truth, with some roughness, but with great force, when he declared that "corporations have neither bodies to be kicked , nor souls to be damned."

All these objections apply to our American banks. They are protected, in most of the states, by directed inhibitions on individuals engaging in the same business. They are exempted from liabilities to which individuals are subjected. If a poor man cannot pay his debts, his bed is, in some of the states, taken from under him. If that will not satisfy his creditors, his body is imprisoned. The shareholders in a bank are entitled to all the gain they can make by banking operations; but if the undertaking chances to be unsuccessful, the loss falls on those who have trusted them. They are responsible only for the amount of stock they may have subscribed.....

...If the superior credit the banks enjoy grew out of the natural order of things, it would not be a subject of complaint. But the banks owe their credit to their charters – to special acts of legislation in their favor, and to their notes being made receivable in payment of dues to government. The kind of credit which is created for them by law, being equalpollent with cash in the market, enables them to transfer an equal amount of substantial wealth from the productive classes to themselves, giving the productive classes only representatives of credit or evidences of debt in return for the substantial wealth which they part with..

Coach: We have a problem. Middle Class is too big We need to thin out the population, and bring back the wealth where it belongs, I’m looking for answers. Big Agriculture! what do you got?

Big Agriculture: Between cheap carbohydrate food ,pesticide riddled fruit and vegetables and hormone and antibiotic infested meat and dairy we are doing everything we can!

Big Insurance: We have premiums just out of their reach and those who manage to sneak through we just deny coverage until its too late for them.

Coach: You guy’s are great! Keep squeezing them. Big Finance what are you bringing in?

Big Finance: Our agreements have them spinning! We tweak up interest rates until they squeal, then between fees and gambling with their nest eggs we have them on the ropes!

Coach: Keep them on the run! I love it! Big Oil you’re a key player what’s your contribution?

Big Oil: Times have never been better! The Middle East is in chaos! Big Finance is running up the prices with speculation and we own Politics.

Coach: I love you guy’s! Politics you are our highest paid player! What’s going on with you?

Politics: We are earning our money! All you guys can do what you want. If there is a law in your way we just won’t enforce it. By the time we are done with them they won’t be able to leave the house without breaking the law. We’ve got the tax code so confused they will never figure it out. And we have them on separate sides Red and Blue.

Coach: The old “Divide and Conquer” one of my favorite plays! Everyone is doing their part! Keep your eye on the prize and get out there and make them hurt!

Didn't we already execute this plan under Reagan?

How timely!!

I was thinkin' more in terms of the Libertarian-agenda, though.

Theirs' seems to be a survival-of-the-fittest/soft-genocide-style agenda; i.e. the less government-control there is, the more self-correction there'll be, population-wise. When we Boomers were children, we'd play Cowboys & Indians (just like on T.V.!!!). It's lookin' more-and-more like too-many Boomers never (really) matured, beyond that point, and (for nostalgic-reasons, I'm sure :rolleyes: ) have passed-that-mentality-on to their spawn.

With less government-interference (even on a global-scale).....we can rely on disease (due to inadequate health-care thinning-out the less-deserving), War (to manage purity, within the human-race), and limited-resources (because, after all, there're some-people who don't even look like they deserve to eat).....eventually providing Plenty for the strongest!!!

Wait'll the new (Libertarian) converts realize (eventually)....there'll more-than-likely be a little self-correctin' within the Libertarian-community, as well....you know....to guarantee the more-deserving (head-count) maintains it's accuracy!​

Didn't we already execute this plan under Reagan?

Aw, c'mon!!!!

You're givin'-up...already...waitin' for the trickle-down??!!!!

:eek:

Grab those bootstraps & show a little patience!!!!

401.gif

"GAWWD bless Vespucci-laaaaaand...."

Forum List

Back