Billionaires for "Wealth Care"

pal_of_poor

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me3VnCficDA]YouTube - Billionaires for Wealth Care at Susan Davis town hall in Spring Valley, California[/ame]

A little political theater for you.

Wow. I was all for these town hall meetings, but they've definitely turned into a freak show. I saw a guy on TV training professional disrupters. He said whenever someone asks a question, yell "healthcare now".

Looks like the public option may be off the table now. Maybe we can get back to sane discussions.

the reports of its demise has been greatly exaggerated

With the house bill proposing to pay for the HC reform by a surtax on the rich (fully support that, since all of the problems we're having are because of people they mostly put in office), it is no wonder they are trying to stop the reform, since they are going to lose a few hundred thousand, of their millions they get to sit up on television, and be talking heads.

Even the liberal Katie Couric seems to be upset as she said "Is it fair for us to pay for everyone's health care," in a question to Obama. I say, Hell to the fracking yea it is, because it was the rich who've controlled the media, and everything else, and have put us all in this mess, allowed for massive exportation of tax paying jobs, which have put us in the hole we are in, both personally, as well as creating our debt.

Globalization/Illegal immigration, two sides of the same coin, used for the destruction of American standards' of living.

I'm all for wealth care.

After all if those of us that aren't wealthy yet can't keep more of our own money, how will weever get wealthy?

I'm all for wealth care.

After all if those of us that aren't wealthy yet can't keep more of our own money, how will weever get wealthy?

If you haven't got your health,...you haven't got anything.

The already wealthy are keeping you from being wealthy. Don't be another materialistic American more concerned about getting rich than about living a meaningful life, and another victim of the GOP propaganda machine, Skull, I know you're better than that.

I'm all for wealth care.

The already wealthy are keeping you from being wealthy. Don't be another materialistic American more concerned about getting rich than about living a meaningful life, and another victim of the GOP propaganda machine, Skull, I know you're better than that.

1) Notice you said YOUR health... YOUR health, YOUR responsibility
2) Nobody is keeping anyone from attaining wealth.... you will reap the benefits of your labors, efforts, etc... but if you CHOOSE to be a fry cook, urinal scrubber, etc, you will only reap the benefits for the demand for those positions anyone can do... those who hone wanted skills, create new products that will be in demand, etc will indeed accumulate for their efforts... unless of course they are punishment taxed to give handouts to non-contributors

[quoteNotice you said YOUR health... YOUR health, YOUR responsibility][/quote]

Bullshit simplistic right wing sound bites. Not everyone can be a frigging CEO and doesn't have the choice but to take a job as a fry cook. More right wing arrogance.

If that is the case then why are 62% of bankruptcies due to catastrophic illness costs? More so when you have health care and you still can't pay the frigging bill.

The current health insurance companies own US and many of our elected politicians and they still don't provide quality healthcare that is on par with some of the socialized systems in Europe.

Please tell me that you believe that the CEO of United actually deserves the 3/4 of billion in stock options for 5 years of work. Maybe he does, however, since United has the lowest member satisfaction. I guess that's how you make money on other people's health.

I guess when you are paying 50% of paycheck for health care, you finally see the light.

I'm all for wealth care.

After all if those of us that aren't wealthy yet can't keep more of our own money, how will we ever get wealthy?

Please don't presume to tell me what a meaningful life is. And BTW I take very good care of my health.

And as far as I can see, no wealthy people have tried to put me out of business.

What is more a danger to me becoming financially independent is the ever growing ever more expensive government that not only takes more of my money but more money from people who are and would be patrons of my business.

Humor, sarcasm and mockery.

Thr's no more efffetive way of lampooning the rich and powerful.

They fucking hate it because it usually makes the case against them clear enough for even the terminally stupid to get it.

Wealthy care for us!

Isn't that exactly what's happening right now, folks?

The bankers are getting how much money to keep going?

Here's a clue it's about 8 times more than the stimulus package all you right wingers so object to.

Talk about pork barrel!

They're not getting a barrel, they're getting the whole damned swineherd and most of you angry conservatives don't apprently notice it, because you're too busy being outraged that truly poor people are getting heating assistance or food.

Notice you said YOUR health... YOUR health, YOUR responsibility]

Bullshit simplistic right wing sound bites. Not everyone can be a frigging CEO and doesn't have the choice but to take a job as a fry cook. More right wing arrogance.

If that is the case then why are 62% of bankruptcies due to catastrophic illness costs? More so when you have health care and you still can't pay the frigging bill.

The current health insurance companies own US and many of our elected politicians and they still don't provide quality healthcare that is on par with some of the socialized systems in Europe.

Please tell me that you believe that the CEO of United actually deserves the 3/4 of billion in stock options for 5 years of work. Maybe he does, however, since United has the lowest member satisfaction. I guess that's how you make money on other people's health.

I guess when you are paying 50% of paycheck for health care, you finally see the light.

WRONG... typical LEFT WING BULLSHIT

Everyone and anyone CAN be a CEO... create a company with the FREEDOMS you have, and proclaim yourself the CEO.... go to school and get your experience and credentials and ANYONE CAN be a CEO

There is nothing keeping you from it except YOUR choices, YOUR effort, YOUR success or failure, YOUR reputation, etc....

what I or YOU or ANYONE else believes is of no significance in terms of what someone else negotiates or gets for compensation.... that is between that person and their employer... whether that person be a CEO, Pro Athlete, Actor, or fucking fry cook

CEO Pay has skyrocketed compared to the pay of the average worker

Executive Pay: CEO Pay Up 298%, Average Worker's? 4.3% (1995-2005)

CEO Pay Up 298%, Average Worker's? 4.3% (1995-2005)
By Ben Popken, 5:10 PM on Mon Apr 9 2007, 16,531 views There's been a lot of ballyhoo lately about ballooning executive pay, so here's a look at how CEO incomes rose over the years in relation to Joe Blow's paycheck.

It looks like while CEO pay rose 298.2% by 2005, and corporate profits by 106.7%, the average worker pay has only risen by 4.3%.

The chart seems to show no direct relationship between CEO pay and profit performance, however, CEO pay does track nearly parallel with the S&P 500. That stock options are included in the CEO pay, and those have gotten more popular in recent years, might be a factor. Another is that the CEO population is smaller than that of the average workers, so naturally there's going to be more volatility.

Profits or losses, stocks up or down, the average worker gets paid nearly the same. Maybe the breed of CEOs is just working harder while everyone else is just treading water... — BEN POPKEN

This is a glaring example of our "trickle down" mentality. As more money is thrown at the top wage earners they keep the extra money rather than tinkle down extra pay and incentives for the workers. How do CEO's earn such huge incentives. Holding down worker compensation is one way

Notice you said YOUR health... YOUR health, YOUR responsibility]

Everyone and anyone CAN be a CEO... create a company with the FREEDOMS you have, and proclaim yourself the CEO.... go to school and get your experience and credentials and ANYONE CAN be a CEO

There is nothing keeping you from it except YOUR choices, YOUR effort, YOUR success or failure, YOUR reputation, etc....

what I or YOU or ANYONE else believes is of no significance in terms of what someone else negotiates or gets for compensation.... that is between that person and their employer... whether that person be a CEO, Pro Athlete, Actor, or fucking fry cook

What a fucking tool.

What a fucking tool.

Are you denying that you have the freedom to obtain any training/experience/job you want in a free society?

You have the freedom to make whatever choices, give whatever efforts, commit whatever time and resources that you choose to to go after any job you wish... you are not GUARANTEED that job by any means, but if you put forth the needed effort and commitment, you can have any job or position you wish...

But with that freedom to succeed also comes the freedom to fail.... you don't just get the positives for freedom...

CEO Pay has skyrocketed compared to the pay of the average worker

Executive Pay: CEO Pay Up 298%, Average Worker's? 4.3% (1995-2005)

CEO Pay Up 298%, Average Worker's? 4.3% (1995-2005)
By Ben Popken, 5:10 PM on Mon Apr 9 2007, 16,531 views There's been a lot of ballyhoo lately about ballooning executive pay, so here's a look at how CEO incomes rose over the years in relation to Joe Blow's paycheck.

It looks like while CEO pay rose 298.2% by 2005, and corporate profits by 106.7%, the average worker pay has only risen by 4.3%.

The chart seems to show no direct relationship between CEO pay and profit performance, however, CEO pay does track nearly parallel with the S&P 500. That stock options are included in the CEO pay, and those have gotten more popular in recent years, might be a factor. Another is that the CEO population is smaller than that of the average workers, so naturally there's going to be more volatility.

Profits or losses, stocks up or down, the average worker gets paid nearly the same. Maybe the breed of CEOs is just working harder while everyone else is just treading water... — BEN POPKEN

This is a glaring example of our "trickle down" mentality. As more money is thrown at the top wage earners they keep the extra money rather than tinkle down extra pay and incentives for the workers. How do CEO's earn such huge incentives. Holding down worker compensation is one way

You speak as if a CEO getting paid more than you somehow means you get paid less for what you do.

That is simply not true.

My wife and I have doubled our income from 3 years ago and will probably triple it if not this year then definitely next year.

So tell me, how does our income tripling have a deleterious effect on your income?

Forum List

Back