Billionaires for "Wealth Care"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pal_of_poor, Sep 2, 2009.

1. pal_of_poor

pal_of_poor VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me3VnCficDA]YouTube - Billionaires for Wealth Care at Susan Davis town hall in Spring Valley, California[/ame]

A little political theater for you.

2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    a thing of beauty

3. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Wow. I was all for these town hall meetings, but they've definitely turned into a freak show. I saw a guy on TV training professional disrupters. He said whenever someone asks a question, yell "healthcare now".

Looks like the public option may be off the table now. Maybe we can get back to sane discussions.

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    the reports of its demise has been greatly exaggerated

5. pal_of_poor

pal_of_poor VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    With the house bill proposing to pay for the HC reform by a surtax on the rich (fully support that, since all of the problems we're having are because of people they mostly put in office), it is no wonder they are trying to stop the reform, since they are going to lose a few hundred thousand, of their millions they get to sit up on television, and be talking heads.

Even the liberal Katie Couric seems to be upset as she said "Is it fair for us to pay for everyone's health care," in a question to Obama. I say, Hell to the fracking yea it is, because it was the rich who've controlled the media, and everything else, and have put us all in this mess, allowed for massive exportation of tax paying jobs, which have put us in the hole we are in, both personally, as well as creating our debt.

Globalization/Illegal immigration, two sides of the same coin, used for the destruction of American standards' of living.

6. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,110
    I'm all for wealth care.

After all if those of us that aren't wealthy yet can't keep more of our own money, how will weever get wealthy?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Fatality

Fatality SunCrackedSoul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +280
    on purpose

8. Coloradomtnman

Coloradomtnman Rational and proud of it.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    If you haven't got your health,...you haven't got anything.

The already wealthy are keeping you from being wealthy. Don't be another materialistic American more concerned about getting rich than about living a meaningful life, and another victim of the GOP propaganda machine, Skull, I know you're better than that.

9. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    1) Notice you said YOUR health... YOUR health, YOUR responsibility
    2) Nobody is keeping anyone from attaining wealth.... you will reap the benefits of your labors, efforts, etc... but if you CHOOSE to be a fry cook, urinal scrubber, etc, you will only reap the benefits for the demand for those positions anyone can do... those who hone wanted skills, create new products that will be in demand, etc will indeed accumulate for their efforts... unless of course they are punishment taxed to give handouts to non-contributors

10. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    [quoteNotice you said YOUR health... YOUR health, YOUR responsibility][/quote]

Bullshit simplistic right wing sound bites. Not everyone can be a frigging CEO and doesn't have the choice but to take a job as a fry cook. More right wing arrogance.

If that is the case then why are 62% of bankruptcies due to catastrophic illness costs? More so when you have health care and you still can't pay the frigging bill.

The current health insurance companies own US and many of our elected politicians and they still don't provide quality healthcare that is on par with some of the socialized systems in Europe.

Please tell me that you believe that the CEO of United actually deserves the 3/4 of billion in stock options for 5 years of work. Maybe he does, however, since United has the lowest member satisfaction. I guess that's how you make money on other people's health.

I guess when you are paying 50% of paycheck for health care, you finally see the light.