Bill would forbid divorcing parents in Massachusetts from having sex in home

If you were divorcing, why would you have sex with your spouse?

Because some people like to fuck even when they're not in love.

You've never banged an ex you were mad at?

And holy shit, why does this question keep coming up? Why is it that you feel that it matters whether or not you can relate? Just because its weird to you doesn't mean you have the right to use the weight of society to prevent others from doing it.

Otherwise, why are you kids so mad at Republicans for wanting to outlaw gay marriage? Christians find that shit even more weird than you find banging an ex.

He may have good intentions, but you can't legislate who has sex with whom, as long as they are consenting adults. Pretty silly to try. Who elected this guy anyway?

If the government can outlaw biggie sodas because they are bad for you, then why not sex that is bad for you?

After all, certain kinds of sex are high risk, just like drinking biggie sodas put you at risk for physical ailments.

EXACTLY where is this government that outlawed biggie sodas because they're bad for you?

Also NYC, Bloomberg. I know, it's an embarrassment for all New Yorkers, not just the city folks. NYC has a New Mayor who is much more popular...he eats his pizza with a knife and fork though. :eek: Hopefully he'll stop that. :eusa_pray:

If the government can outlaw biggie sodas because they are bad for you, then why not sex that is bad for you?

After all, certain kinds of sex are high risk, just like drinking biggie sodas put you at risk for physical ailments.

EXACTLY where is this government that outlawed biggie sodas because they're bad for you?

Also NYC, Bloomberg. I know, it's an embarrassment for all New Yorkers, not just the city folks. NYC has a New Mayor who is much more popular...he eats his pizza with a knife and fork though. :eek: Hopefully he'll stop that. :eusa_pray:

Lol. He shut down charter schools that were kicking the shit out of the public schools for test results and for fractions of the cost, and your hope is that he'll stop eating pizza with a fork and knife.

Barb, as always, you're right at the cutting edge of all the important issues.

If you were divorcing, why would you have sex with your spouse?

Because some people like to fuck even when they're not in love.

You've never banged an ex you were mad at?

And holy shit, why does this question keep coming up? Why is it that you feel that it matters whether or not you can relate? Just because its weird to you doesn't mean you have the right to use the weight of society to prevent others from doing it.

Otherwise, why are you kids so mad at Republicans for wanting to outlaw gay marriage? Christians find that shit even more weird than you find banging an ex.

It's also a good way to discharge debts. A Husband and Wife run-up a ton of debt and get divorced making one party responsible, that party files BK and other party gets credit restored. After the BK is discharged, re-marry.

Lol. He shut down charter schools that were kicking the shit out of the public schools for test results and for fractions of the cost, and your hope is that he'll stop eating pizza with a fork and knife.

Barb, as always, you're right at the cutting edge of all the important issues.

It was relevant to the soda. :eusa_snooty:

And Bill de Blasio is trying to FUND the "no child left behind" mandate. Are you really all :boohoo: nostalgic over the siphoning off of funds to wealthier (and whiter) schools, causing inequality of teaching supplies, teachers, and facilities? I'm not sorry that is coming to an end.

Maybe orgasms are my comfort food. Why is it your business?

Because one would assume that if you were getting divorced, and no longer wanted to remain together, there is no need to continue having sex, and giving the child the impression that mum and dad are still together?

Sometimes it just happens, I had sex with my ex wife for the last week we were together before she moved back to the Islands.

Yeah except it has nothing to do with having sex with your ex.

The Story of a Non-Story

How a bunch of media outlets got their coverage of an obscure Massachusetts bill really, really wrong.

This lengthy and meandering tale is ultimately about nothing, but along the way might prove instructive for anyone wondering why so many people walk around with their heads filled with a vast, expanding trove of untrue nonsense.

I begin at the end—or, more accurately, at the point when I stopped merely rolling my eyes at this episode and wanted to start strangling people. That point was Sunday afternoon, when a news item appeared on Boston.com, declaring that Republican Richard Ross of Wrentham has filed a bill to prohibit someone who is going through a divorce from having sex in his or her own home.

As I began writing this Monday morning, that article (written by a Boston.com staffer with a Globe.com email address, and with a Globe Newspaper Company copyright, for whatever that currently means) offered no source, citation, link, or hint of any kind suggesting that it was cribbed from someone else’s reporting—it appears, as written, to be the original discovery of reporter Jack Pickell. That would be some mighty coincidence, that he stumbled upon the same obscure, dormant bill that had by chance been repeatedly posted about and spread across the internet for the previous 48 hours.

In fact, the original version of Pickell’s story did reference and link to a BostInno article posted Friday afternoon. When someone sent an email to Pickell alerting him of an error he had inserted while lifting the item, Pickell corrected the mistake, but also removed the BostInno reference and link. (Clarification: I did not intend to imply that Boston.com removed the link to BostInno deliberately to avoid giving credit. Also, I should not have used the word “lifted,” which implies something stronger than I intended.)

Boston.com is hardly alone, however, in offering no indication of prior origin of the story. BostInno provides no clue that I can find for its discovery, although its post appeared, surely not by coincidence, a few hours after the first report that caused me to eyeroll as it crossed my Twitter feed around midday Friday. Three days later and no hint of provenance accompanied the reporting of the story early Monday morning on MSNBC, in between items on Nate Silver’s Senate predictions and Jimmy Kimmel’s interview with the Clinton family.

Before continuing back toward the story’s point of origin, I want to clear up some things about the bill that can be misunderstood by those who make no effort to determine whether they are understanding them correctly.

Contrary to what you might gather from phrases such as “proposed by state Senator Richard Ross,” “Senator Richard J. Ross proposed,” and “If Massachusetts State Sen. Richard J. Ross gets his way,” Ross did not sponsor the bill, and he does not support it. In fact, the bill has no legislative sponsors, no support, and is in no way under consideration by anybody.

The Story of a Non-Story

How would you even go about enforcing this? :dunno:

You get a bunch of TP people together vehicles with listening devices. I mean, we can read utility usage from vehicles, so why not use the same method to detect those pesky fornicators.

Good Grief! How ridiculous can it can?:doubt::bsflag:

It hasn't been going on for many decades. Even in open marriages, when the parties divorce they do not bring home boyfriends and girlfriends to screw under the same roof as the divorcing spouse. At one time it was known as courtesy. At one time a spouse who did such a thing would be the victim of a justifiable homicide.

obama's election and the current degredation and perversion just dovetail. Likely if we had not become a perverted culture and drug addict like obama would never have been elected.

That's right. Never had this problem before Obama. In fact, I think he invented degradation and perversion.

Last edited:
It hasn't been going on for many decades. Even in open marriages, when the parties divorce they do not bring home boyfriends and girlfriends to screw under the same roof as the divorcing spouse. At one time it was known as courtesy. At one time a spouse who did such a thing would be the victim of a justifiable homicide.

obama's election and the current degredation and perversion just dovetail. Likely if we had not become a perverted culture and drug addict like obama would never have been elected.

That's right. Never had this problem before Obama. In fact, I think he invented degradation and perversion.

Granted that katzen is one of the dumbest and most dishonest here, some of these people just never think. They're told that everything is Obama's fault and they're unable to think it through for themselves.

1970588_743990978956103_1815587572_n.jpg

Granted that katzen is one of the dumbest and most dishonest here, some of these people just never think. They're told that everything is Obama's fault and they're unable to think it through for themselves.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t17

FOX news 24/7 will do that to you.

Forum List

Back