Bill to remove Pot from Federal regulation sponsored in House

Hope it dies. No thanks. I have STUPIDLY smoked once and drove and I barely remember it and I am shocked I managed to make the 20 plus mile trip without being pulled over or wrecking....
Pussy...It's a joke that weed is illegal in the first place..

Hope it dies. No thanks. I have STUPIDLY smoked once and drove and I barely remember it and I am shocked I managed to make the 20 plus mile trip without being pulled over or wrecking....
Not really.

It is addicting and there are many users that end up needing to go through detox for it.

But alcohol is the same way.

Alcohol is just more acceptable socially, and sexy, and does not stink like camel shit like pot does.

In the studies that Weaterman is touting as saying it causes schizophrenia? Well, yes, in some cases it can, but those are only in the cases where kids started using it at a young age. And, because the nervous system and the brain aren't completely formed until age 18 or 20, you shouldn't use it before you turn 21, just like drinking. And yeah, in cases where kids started drinking at an early age, mental problems have occurred from the use of alcohol as well.

As far as doing any testing? Well, because marijuana was put on Schedule I, which is the class of drugs that are considered to be highly addictive with zero medical benefits, Schedule I drugs aren't allowed to be researched for benefits, just the bad things. And, because of all the research on marijuana that has been done over the past couple of decades, marijuana has been PROVEN to be medically beneficial, as well as has been proven to not be physically addictive, which means it should be moved off of Schedule I.

And, if you want to know what the true gateway drug is, it's alcohol and not marijuana. Why? Because alcohol can and will reduce your inhibitions, meaning that you are more likely to do something drunk that you would never do sober, and we have all heard or told stories along those lines.

Marijuana on the other hand may make you laugh, and give you a bit of an uplifted feeling, but stuff you wouldn't do sober, you won't do stoned, because most of your inhibitions are still intact.
You can get schizophrenia from excessive alcohol intake as well.

Granted marijuana doesn't always lead to hard drugs but everyone recognizes that marijuana is a gateway drug and 100% of heroin users started with marijuana. For years the government has cooperated with something called the "ad council" to produce expensive entertaining and sometimes startlingly horrific ads against tobacco use. It's interesting that the ad-council and the federal government doesn't produce a single ad that condemns heroin use when it's estimated that there are about a million heroin addicts in (mostly blue cities) even when high profile Hollywood actors die of heroin abuse. Why in the world should the government support the legalization and over the counter purchase of a drug that may not only cause respiratory disease but also mental disorders in an era that condemns cigarette use?

Last edited:
Not really.

It is addicting and there are many users that end up needing to go through detox for it.

But alcohol is the same way.

Alcohol is just more acceptable socially, and sexy, and does not stink like camel shit like pot does.
Alcohol is not the same way. Not everyone who has a drink is an alcoholic. Everyone who uses pot is a drug addict.

This only has 6 sponsors so far, and hasn't even been taken up in committee, but it's a start. Lets see if it even sees the light of day.

Cosponsors - H.R.1227 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017

The crux of the text as it amends the Controlled Substances Act of 1970

Prohibition On Certain Shipping Or Transportation.—This Act shall not apply to marihuana, except that it shall be unlawful only to ship or transport, in any manner or by any means whatsoever, marihuana, from one State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, into any other State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, or from any foreign country into any State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, when such marihuana is intended, by any person interested therein, to be received, possessed, sold, or in any manner used, either in the original package or otherwise, in violation of any law of such State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

So basically Pot would get the Alcohol treatment. States can regulate it, and all the feds do is punish people who try to bring it into places where it is locally banned.
Anyone stupid enough to smoke anything should be allowed to do so, with state regulation.

The Fed's do not need to be involved in this other than at the interstate transportation level like any other normal crime.
What cracks me up is the same people who get hysterical over someone smoking tobacco in their own home wants to blow carcinogenic marijuana smoke in everyone else's face.

I don't think they are actually the same people, they just tend to cluster in the typical progressive circles that we all know and love.

Granted marijuana doesn't always lead to hard drugs but everyone recognizes that marijuana is a gateway drug and 100% of heroin users started with marijuana. For years the government has cooperated with something called the "ad council" to produce expensive entertaining and sometimes startlingly horrific ads against tobacco use. It's interesting that the ad-council and the federal government doesn't produce a single ad that condemns heroin use when it's estimated that there are about a million heroin addicts in (mostly blue cities) even when high profile Hollywood actors die of heroin abuse. Why in the world should the government support the legalization and over the counter purchase of a drug that may not only cause respiratory disease but also mental disorders in an era that condemns cigarette use?

Actually, most heroin users get started on prescription drugs. They start out using them for pain management, but when the doctor tells them they are all better, they still want the high of the pills (because they've become addicted), and end up turning to heroin because it's a close substitute.

28958400_575912209444241_5162383615564185600_n.jpg

This only has 6 sponsors so far, and hasn't even been taken up in committee, but it's a start. Lets see if it even sees the light of day.

Cosponsors - H.R.1227 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017

Prohibition On Certain Shipping Or Transportation.—This Act shall not apply to marihuana, except that it shall be unlawful only to ship or transport, in any manner or by any means whatsoever, marihuana, from one State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, into any other State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, or from any foreign country into any State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, when such marihuana is intended, by any person interested therein, to be received, possessed, sold, or in any manner used, either in the original package or otherwise, in violation of any law of such State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

So basically Pot would get the Alcohol treatment. States can regulate it, and all the feds do is punish people who try to bring it into places where it is locally banned.
Well, considering it's direct link to schizophrenia I can see why the DC establishment would want the people to have it.

No, there is no direct link in the sense that marijuana doesn't make people schizophrenic. It's that the symptoms of schizophrenia can be made worse by smoking marijuana. Alcohol also makes it worse.

The driving thing is easy to regulate, the smoking around others? Unless you are in a mass of people at a Phish concert, contact highs are more of a myth than reality.

At a Phish concert though, it is 100% reality, especially in indoor arenas.
Some cats are affected by catnip while others are not. I don't know if all cats are affected by marijuana smoke or not but I had a cat who definitely was.

As soon as this fat tuxedo-cat smelled the smoke he'd come and sit at our feet at first, then stretch up on his hind legs to get his nose closer to the exhaled smoke. After a few minutes he'd start purring, then he'd roll over, his purring would become a roar and his eyes would open wide and shine.

He was known to some of our friends as, Cheech.

Congress needs to have a 'meeting' in closed chambers to 'experience' the full effects of marijuana, with plenty of Doritos on hand and a bowl full of fatties. Perhaps for the lightweights like McConnell and Ryan a pinner.

All of them need to breath this issue in and allow it to permeate their minds and then move it to a class that is less dangerous than alcohol but still with some oversight.

Well, considering it's direct link to schizophrenia I can see why the DC establishment would want the people to have it.

No, there is no direct link in the sense that marijuana doesn't make people schizophrenic. It's that the symptoms of schizophrenia can be made worse by smoking marijuana. Alcohol also makes it worse.
Marijuana leads to schizophrenia.

If you want evidence, look at every leftist.

Plus marijuana causes cancer.

Way overdue.

The driving thing is easy to regulate, the smoking around others? Unless you are in a mass of people at a Phish concert, contact highs are more of a myth than reality.

At a Phish concert though, it is 100% reality, especially in indoor arenas.
Some cats are affected by catnip while others are not. I don't know if all cats are affected by marijuana smoke or not but I had a cat who definitely was.

As soon as this fat tuxedo-cat smelled the smoke he'd come and sit at our feet at first, then stretch up on his hind legs to get his nose closer to the exhaled smoke. After a few minutes he'd start purring, then he'd roll over, his purring would become a roar and his eyes would open wide and shine.

He was known to some of our friends as, Cheech.

I used to have a large black cat that would always come up on the couch with me when I was smoking and meow asking for a hit to be blown his way. He would sit there for a couple of exhales, and then roll around on the floor and purr. Because he liked to get stoned, I named him Cement.

I have another one now named Stormcloud who is pretty much the same way.

Pot yes...pot no...pot yes...pot no...
The debate is irrelevant as it has never had an effect on my ability to simply purchase black market. Too bad for the states not taking advantage of the revenue. Seem to have no problem with taking alcohol and gambling revenue.

True Liberty is a government that doesn't act as a nanny or police state whether those policies emanate from the right or left. The drug war is nothing but a government action against it's own people, and has been a dismal failure, destroyed countless lives and entrenched cartel influence across the continent.
We have a bigger problem with legal prescribed opiates, the true "gateway " drugs than wasting resources on prosecuting weed prohibition.

Actually Petro, the true "gateway drug" is alcohol. Why? Because alcohol lowers your inhibitions quite quickly and you can be talked into doing something that you would never do sober. I mean, we've all heard or told stories about people who got drunk and went home with ugly people, or they said or did something that was totally out of character for them.

Interestingly enough, when a person is stoned, they still have their inhibitions, and things they would never do sober, they will not do when they are stoned.

Actually Petro, the true "gateway drug" is alcohol. Why? Because alcohol lowers your inhibitions quite quickly and you can be talked into doing something that you would never do sober. I mean, we've all heard or told stories about people who got drunk and went home with ugly people, or they said or did something that was totally out of character for them.

Interestingly enough, when a person is stoned, they still have their inhibitions, and things they would never do sober, they will not do when they are stoned.
I agree. Really don't care to drink myself and enjoy a few puffs instead. Guess that makes me psychotic in the eyes of morons.
Just generally tired of the ignorance of the reefer madness crowd. Really tired of behavioral control technician's from both parties as those on the left seek to control speech and thought, while those on the right wish to control behavior and the body.
Neither party truly supports individual rights.

I agree. Really don't care to drink myself and enjoy a few puffs instead. Guess that makes me psychotic in the eyes of morons.
Just generally tired of the ignorance of the reefer madness crowd. Really tired of behavioral control technician's from both parties as those on the left seek to control speech and thought, while those on the right wish to control behavior and the body.
Neither party truly supports individual rights.

The last 8 years I was in the Navy, I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor, which meant that I was responsible for screening those in the command who had problems with drugs or alcohol. In all of the information that they gave me, I couldn't figure out why marijuana was illegal, because it was a lot less harmful than alcohol was.

When I retired back in 2002, I did some more research on it and read a lot of stuff from places like Harvard Medical, British Royal Medical Society and other sources and again, couldn't understand why it was illegal, so I did the ultimate experiment and smoked some myself. Been 420 friendly ever since.

And, there is a place up in the Northeast that is treating opiate and heroin addicts with THC oils and marijuana. Why? Because a good Indica will relieve pain, stimulate appetite, as well as calm a person down who is jittery. All of which are what heroin addicts go through when they have withdrawl.

Best part? Because marijuana isn't physically addictive, when they feel like they no longer need the marijuana to keep them off of heroin, they can simply quit the marijuana without any physical side effects.

If they want to take care of the opiate problem, a quick start to solving it would be legalization of marijuana. But then, big pharma would bitch because they wouldn't be selling as many drugs.

By the way, if you have the time, get a copy of a documentary called "Grass" that is narrated by Woody Harrelson. It tells you how it became illegal and who was behind it.

Weed was made illegal because of the greed of Dupont and Hearst and the racism of Anslinger.

Marijuana leads to schizophrenia.

If you want evidence, look at every leftist.

Plus marijuana causes cancer.
And you should know from personal experience..

Forum List

Back