Bill to remove Pot from Federal regulation sponsored in House

Only 6 sponsors and hasn't been taken up in committee but pipe dreamers say "it's a start". Be advised that President Trump doesn't smoke or drink so y'all pot heads might as well table your fantasy for at least four years and most likely 8 years.
By definition it is a start.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Ohhh those who are against legalizatio believe in less govt and more freedom....along with less regulation. So please explain why they are against legalizing it. Nobody can. Hypocrites in a massive way.

it needs to at least be decriminalized and taken off of schedule 1.... but have tough penalties for those who abuse it....like driving or smoking around others....

The driving thing is easy to regulate, the smoking around others? Unless you are in a mass of people at a Phish concert, contact highs are more of a myth than reality.

At a Phish concert though, it is 100% reality, especially in indoor arenas.
i know that....im saying treat it like cigarettes....if its not allowed to smoke in an area,then that includes pot too.....

yeah, but right now the penalties for cig smoking in most areas is a joke. $50 fine, and thats if there is an inspector around.

Try finding an inspector at an Irish Pub in Queens at 2:30 AM on a Friday.

This only has 6 sponsors so far, and hasn't even been taken up in committee, but it's a start. Lets see if it even sees the light of day.

Cosponsors - H.R.1227 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017

The crux of the text as it amends the Controlled Substances Act of 1970

Prohibition On Certain Shipping Or Transportation.—This Act shall not apply to marihuana, except that it shall be unlawful only to ship or transport, in any manner or by any means whatsoever, marihuana, from one State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, into any other State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, or from any foreign country into any State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, when such marihuana is intended, by any person interested therein, to be received, possessed, sold, or in any manner used, either in the original package or otherwise, in violation of any law of such State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

So basically Pot would get the Alcohol treatment. States can regulate it, and all the feds do is punish people who try to bring it into places where it is locally banned.
Well, considering it's direct link to schizophrenia I can see why the DC establishment would want the people to have it.

What is that from, 1 study? I'm not one of those "Pot is teh awesome" guys by any stretch, but how much of a causation did the study find?

This only has 6 sponsors so far, and hasn't even been taken up in committee, but it's a start. Lets see if it even sees the light of day.

Cosponsors - H.R.1227 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017

Prohibition On Certain Shipping Or Transportation.—This Act shall not apply to marihuana, except that it shall be unlawful only to ship or transport, in any manner or by any means whatsoever, marihuana, from one State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, into any other State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, or from any foreign country into any State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof, when such marihuana is intended, by any person interested therein, to be received, possessed, sold, or in any manner used, either in the original package or otherwise, in violation of any law of such State, territory, or district of the United States, or place noncontiguous to but subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

So basically Pot would get the Alcohol treatment. States can regulate it, and all the feds do is punish people who try to bring it into places where it is locally banned.
Well, considering it's direct link to schizophrenia I can see why the DC establishment would want the people to have it.

What is that from, 1 study? I'm not one of those "Pot is teh awesome" guys by any stretch, but how much of a causation did the study find?
That's the problem with pot. Makes people incapable of being able to research the truth while also making them schizophrenic.

it needs to at least be decriminalized and taken off of schedule 1.... but have tough penalties for those who abuse it....like driving or smoking around others....

The driving thing is easy to regulate, the smoking around others? Unless you are in a mass of people at a Phish concert, contact highs are more of a myth than reality.

i know that....im saying treat it like cigarettes....if its not allowed to smoke in an area,then that includes pot too.....

yeah, but right now the penalties for cig smoking in most areas is a joke. $50 fine, and thats if there is an inspector around.

marty as far as i am concerned a proprietor of a business,especially a bar,should be able to say yay or nay to smoking in the place....if you dont want to be in a smoke filled place than its up to you if you go in or not....

marty as far as i am concerned a proprietor of a business,especially a bar,should be able to say yay or nay to smoking in the place....if you dont want to be in a smoke filled place than its up to you if you go in or not....
I hate being around smoking. But as long as it's legal, business owners should be able to decide to have it or not. I will simply go somewhere else to do business if necessary.

I agree as well.

Yours is a common-sense conclusion. That the no-smoking ban has been mandated with no consideration of choice serves as unmistakable evidence of the authoritarian direction American society is moving in.

Only 6 sponsors and hasn't been taken up in committee but pipe dreamers say "it's a start". Be advised that President Trump doesn't smoke or drink so y'all pot heads might as well table your fantasy for at least four years and most likely 8 years.
10 years ago how many states had it legal as compared to now?......how about medical pot to now?.....the fantasy may be you thinking it will stop....
Medical pot?
Let it go through the FDA testing for drugs then.

But it never has, because everyone knows it fails.
It never has, because it hasn't been allowed to. It has proven efficacy for many ailments, and has been used by various cultures for thousands of years.

Just throw in another round of tax cuts for the rich and it's sure to pass...

Just throw in another round of tax cuts for the rich and it's sure to pass...

Ugh, trite political hack attempt.

You are usually better than this.

That's the problem with pot. Makes people incapable of being able to research the truth while also making them schizophrenic.
Is that what you use as an excuse? I've seen more religious dudes with schizophrenia than any pot smokers....

Forum List

Back