Bill to extend unemployment AGAIN killed by senate republicans

There are people for whom meaningful employment cannot be obtained....period. Which is why unemployment should be limitless.

Limitless unemployment is no longer, well, unemployment. What you're referring to is a 'guaranteed income'.

We are the greatest country on the planet. All of our citizens should have such guarantees

There are people for whom meaningful employment cannot be obtained....period. Which is why unemployment should be limitless.

You're kidding... right?

Why should there be a limit on unemployment benefits? If someone cant find a job in 36 months-they cant find a job in thirty six months. Repuiblicans are so heartless.

Because there needs to be an incentive for us (I am currently unemployed) to actually go out and look for a job. Even if they continue to extend benefits (at least until the economy picks up) there is always the threat that they won't do it next time. So, you had better be looking ahead and trying to find a job.

If it is a permanent entitlement, there is no incentive.

Unemployment benefits really should be a permanent entitlement.

I disagree with that, but think that in times and conditions like today's there should be a least one Republican that will take his head out of his ass and realize that it takes more than 26 weeks to find fulfilling employment.

Immie

Is that not what Welfare is?

so the dems can pass healthcare, economic and financial reform and bail out the unions and reinvade afganistan and not create a budget...but the gop can block this....

i call bullshit...

The Dems did this to make the Reps "put up or shut up". Both sides are scum.

I disagree with that, but think that in times and conditions like today's there should be a least one Republican that will take his head out of his ass and realize that it takes more than 26 weeks to find fulfilling employment.

Immie

Limitless unemployment is no longer, well, unemployment. What you're referring to is a 'guaranteed income'.

Welfare, to be more exact.

Immie

The idea of a 'guaranteed income' has been around for decades.
Have we reached the point where the majority of americans like the idea? If so, then we will morph towards something other than capitalism sooner than later.

Individuals must get paid somehow. If its not through employment its gotta come from somewhere. We are owed at least that much\

Have we reached the point where the majority of americans like the idea? If so, then we will morph towards something other than capitalism sooner than later.

Half of us already have no tax liability. We should be using our power in numbers to force a shift towards a system where we dont need to work to receive a check.:clap2:

Half of us already have no tax liability. We should be using our power in numbers to force a shift towards a system where we dont need to work to receive a check.:clap2:

I hope that you are clapping for your own post, not mine, cuz, I'm not advocating that.
When I worked 9 to 5, I had to hire a sharp CPA to keep myself out of a 35 per cent income tax bracket.
He was worth every penny, as most years he was able to whittle it down to somewhere between 19 and 21 per cent.
If a 'guaranteed income' existed when I worked, God knows what my tax bracket would have been to support such an idea; but, I'm sure I would have been one resentful pissed-off motherfucker, instead of just being a semi-resentful ornery motherfucker.

The big problem is Obama, his Administration and the Democrat Congress are doing nothing to create jobs, all the waste of our Tax Dollars in these stimilius packages and they are still trying to pass more stililius spending attached to the Defense Bill, billions of waste and debt of the tax payers hard earned money and holding the Military Defense Bill hostage to a no vote by adding all the unrelated debt spending attached to these bills, as long as the corruption in Congress and the White House and they do not understand that We Need Jobs Not Stimilis Debt Spending that kills jobs if there were jobs for the privite sector to get we would not need extended unemployment; only jobs that have been created are in the expansion of Big Government.

Last edited:
Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday.

FOXNews.com - Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Fastest Way to Create Jobs

Is this bitch serious? Did she just say that unemployment benefits are pumping beneficial capitol into the economy? Guess what bitch. If you actually pulled your head out of your snatch and created some fucking jobs we wouldn't need to take out as many loans in our grandkids name so we can keep food on the tables of the victims of your failed recovery strategy.

Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday.

FOXNews.com - Pelosi: Unemployment Checks Fastest Way to Create Jobs

Is this bitch serious? Did she just say that unemployment benefits are pumping beneficial capitol into the economy? Guess what bitch. If you actually pulled your head out of your snatch and created some fucking jobs we wouldn't need to take out as many loans in our grandkids name so we can keep food on the tables of the victims of your failed recovery strategy.

It is called "flood the basement" economic theory and is the liberal reply to "trickle down economics".

Immie

What do you fools think should happen to someone that cant find a job?

Give them a job in Obama's new job stimulus program. Obama is going to change the census into a 24/7/365 day program that will run for ten years. then hire and fire everyone everyday thus creating millions of jobs so the unemployment numbers and his administration will look good!!! Obama is the worst president in the history of this country.He is proving this daily and with every speech!!!!

Forum List

Back