Bill to cover pre-existing conditions, but insurers can refuse to cover PEC's

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Penelope, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,652
    What will it do? Senate Republicans said their bill would amend federal law to guarantee the availability of health insurance to all Americans, including those with pre-existing conditions, regardless of the outcome in the federal lawsuit.

But there’s a catch: The legislation also would prevent insurers from increasing premiums due to pre-existing conditions. However, health experts note that the bill would allow insurers to exclude coverage of pre-existing conditions. Premiums could also vary based on age, gender, or occupation — all of which is currently prohibited under ObamaCare.

Backstory: A group of Republican state attorneys general, led by Texas, are attempting to have a court rule that ObamaCare is unconstitutional because of the elimination of the individual mandate penalty. The Trump administration is not defending the law, and has partly sided with the plaintiffs. If the states win, ObamaCare’s pre-existing condition protections will be struck down.

Overnight Health Care: GOP senators unveil pre-existing conditions bill | Ex-CDC head arrested on charges of groping woman | Nebraska to vote on Medicaid expansion
    ======================================

How wonderful , only the healthy will be covered, unless you work for a large company, but you had best hope you don't get canned or even try to start your own small business, if you have anything at all.

Also the ACA rates depend on , male, female, age and smoker, not occupation.

2. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,144
    I see you do not have the faintest notion of what insurance is.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,652
    Please inform me then??

4. caddo kid

caddo kid BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +983
    Trump said he would get rid of the ACA aka Obama Care & then produce some NEW, magic replacement (repeal & replace) that would be better than anything & that would (QUOTE), "take care of everyone."

Well, the rich, wealthy individual, and the corporations (they are getting taken care of) but if you are the Average Joe then you are getting screwed. Yes, Trump is taking care of US all right.

IMO the worst pre-existing condition that most Americans suffer from is 'stupidity' and typically, there is no cure for that.

Be careful what you vote for.

5. Billy_Kinetta

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,144
    Love to, but first YOU tell ME what you think insurance is.

6. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,652
    Waiting for you to tell me all about health insurance. I already know not to insure my home when its burning or my auto after an accident, but please tell me all about Health Insurance?

7. Billy_Kinetta

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,144
    If that is indeed the case, the Democrats are truly lost.

8. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,652
    There you are. No you are suppose to tell me all about health ins. because I have not the faintness notion of what insurance is.

9. caddo kid

caddo kid BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +983
    IMO access to affordable/reliable health care should be a national priority; it should not be a political, left/right issue.

It should be an 'American' issue; an American priority but it isn't.

The GOP said for over seven years they had a replacement ready to go but where was it?

If I'm flying on a jet, maybe it's not the 'best' jet around but it's still a jet, am I gonna just jump off my jet, without a parachute, and wait for another jet to come & swoop me up, before I hit the ground, and splatter?

I know that sounds a bit extreme but none the less, that is what the GOP & Trump have done with health care in America.

Have a nice flight.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Billy_Kinetta

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,144
    So why are you claiming the ACA is insurance?