Bill to cover pre-existing conditions, but insurers can refuse to cover PEC's

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
What will it do? Senate Republicans said their bill would amend federal law to guarantee the availability of health insurance to all Americans, including those with pre-existing conditions, regardless of the outcome in the federal lawsuit.

But there’s a catch: The legislation also would prevent insurers from increasing premiums due to pre-existing conditions. However, health experts note that the bill would allow insurers to exclude coverage of pre-existing conditions. Premiums could also vary based on age, gender, or occupation — all of which is currently prohibited under ObamaCare.

Backstory: A group of Republican state attorneys general, led by Texas, are attempting to have a court rule that ObamaCare is unconstitutional because of the elimination of the individual mandate penalty. The Trump administration is not defending the law, and has partly sided with the plaintiffs. If the states win, ObamaCare’s pre-existing condition protections will be struck down.

Overnight Health Care: GOP senators unveil pre-existing conditions bill | Ex-CDC head arrested on charges of groping woman | Nebraska to vote on Medicaid expansion
======================================

How wonderful , only the healthy will be covered, unless you work for a large company, but you had best hope you don't get canned or even try to start your own small business, if you have anything at all.

Also the ACA rates depend on , male, female, age and smoker, not occupation.

What will it do? Senate Republicans said their bill would amend federal law to guarantee the availability of health insurance to all Americans, including those with pre-existing conditions, regardless of the outcome in the federal lawsuit.

But there’s a catch: The legislation also would prevent insurers from increasing premiums due to pre-existing conditions. However, health experts note that the bill would allow insurers to exclude coverage of pre-existing conditions. Premiums could also vary based on age, gender, or occupation — all of which is currently prohibited under ObamaCare.

Backstory: A group of Republican state attorneys general, led by Texas, are attempting to have a court rule that ObamaCare is unconstitutional because of the elimination of the individual mandate penalty. The Trump administration is not defending the law, and has partly sided with the plaintiffs. If the states win, ObamaCare’s pre-existing condition protections will be struck down.

Overnight Health Care: GOP senators unveil pre-existing conditions bill | Ex-CDC head arrested on charges of groping woman | Nebraska to vote on Medicaid expansion

How wonderful , only the healthy will be covered, unless you work for a large company, but you had best hope you don't get canned or even try to start your own small business, if you have anything at all.

I see you do not have the faintest notion of what insurance is.

Please inform me then??

Trump said he would get rid of the ACA aka Obama Care & then produce some NEW, magic replacement (repeal & replace) that would be better than anything & that would (QUOTE), "take care of everyone."

Well, the rich, wealthy individual, and the corporations (they are getting taken care of) but if you are the Average Joe then you are getting screwed. Yes, Trump is taking care of US all right.

IMO the worst pre-existing condition that most Americans suffer from is 'stupidity' and typically, there is no cure for that.

Be careful what you vote for.

Please inform me then??

Love to, but first YOU tell ME what you think insurance is.

Waiting for you to tell me all about health insurance. I already know not to insure my home when its burning or my auto after an accident, but please tell me all about Health Insurance?

Trump said he would get rid of the ACA aka Obama Care & then produce some NEW, magic replacement (repeal & replace) that would be better than anything & that would (QUOTE), "take care of everyone."

Well, the rich, wealthy individual, and the corporations (they are getting taken care of) but if you are the Average Joe then you are getting screwed. Yes, Trump is taking care of US all right.

IMO the worst pre-existing condition that most Americans suffer from is 'stupidity' and typically, there is no cure for that.

If that is indeed the case, the Democrats are truly lost.

Please inform me then??

There you are. No you are suppose to tell me all about health ins. because I have not the faintness notion of what insurance is.

IMO access to affordable/reliable health care should be a national priority; it should not be a political, left/right issue.

It should be an 'American' issue; an American priority but it isn't.

The GOP said for over seven years they had a replacement ready to go but where was it?

If I'm flying on a jet, maybe it's not the 'best' jet around but it's still a jet, am I gonna just jump off my jet, without a parachute, and wait for another jet to come & swoop me up, before I hit the ground, and splatter?

I know that sounds a bit extreme but none the less, that is what the GOP & Trump have done with health care in America.

Have a nice flight.

Please inform me then??

There you are. No you are suppose to tell me all about health ins. because I have not the faintness notion of what insurance is.

So why are you claiming the ACA is insurance?

Please inform me then??

What is it if not a law for what the Health Insurances are suppose to cover and what they can charge??

IMO access to affordable/reliable health care should be a national priority; it should not be a political, left/right issue.

The GOP said for over seven years they had a replacement ready to go but where was it?

If I'm flying on a jet, maybe it's not the 'best' jet around but it's still a jet, am I gonna just jump off my jet, without a parachute, and wait for another jet to come & swoop me up, before I hit the ground, and splatter?

I know that sounds a bit extreme but none the less, that is what the GOP & Trump have done with health care in America.

Have a nice flight.
Nice rambling post that says nothing. Your trainers need to give you a better script.

Have a nice flight.
Nice rambling post that says nothing. Your trainers need to give you a better script.

Enjoy your flight; I hope you have a parachute

ABTW, I did receive a 'winner' award from the OP so, your envy & your petty nature are duly noted.

Most of the naysayers on this board, are retired and are on Medicare, are young and do not have a PEC and do not want to buy insurance, or are on this board while working and their work cost shares their health ins costs or are wealthy that do not give a rip about the gig economy or people.

Most do not care about the middle age person who has diabetes, history of heart disease, asthma, or any multiple of autoimmune conditions that affect nearly everyone and their source of income is closing and their healthcare is gone.

Please inform me then??

What is it if not a law for what the Health Insurances are suppose to cover and what they can charge??

Indeed, it is a LAW. A DEMAND.

But it is not INSURANCE. Insurance is an assumption of risk. You pay premiums against the possibility of loss, and the insurer covers the loss should a loss be sustained.

A PREVIOUSLY-EXISTING CONDITION is just that. Therefore, the risk cannot be assumed. The loss has already occurred.

Now, if the government demands that insurers cover previously-existing conditions, so be it. They have the means to back up the demand, or put the insurer out of business. But covering a previously-existing condition is not insurance, but CHARITY.

Not that charity is a bad thing, if that's what the people want and the insurer wants to continue in business under those circumstances.

But it is not insurance by any definition, nor is charity a venue of the federal government.

Please inform me then??
He can't. He comment proves it is he who doesn't understand what insurance is.

Please inform me then??

I just posted what insurance is. Take issue with it if you dare.

Regardless of what side you are on, pre-existing condition based policies are criminally wrong.
People were losing everything simply because they lost their jobs, and switched insurance because of it.
This should have never been allowed in the first place.

Please inform me then??

I just posted what insurance is. Take issue with it if you dare.

Where?? I seemed to miss it.

Forum List

Back