Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
And so the agenda continues...

California law would remove sex-specific terms
from books, mandate pro-homosexual lessons

Posted: May 4, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

A bill requiring students to learn about the contributions homosexuals have made to society and that would remove sex-specific terms such as "mom" and "dad" from textbooks has passed another hurdle on the way to becoming the law of the land in California.

Having already been approved by the state's Senate Judiciary Committee, SB 1437, which would mandate grades 1-12 buy books "accurately" portraying "the sexual diversity of our society," got the nod yesterday of the Senate Education Committee.

The bill also requires students hear history lessons on "the contributions of people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender to the economic, political, and social development of California and the United States of America."

"This bill is the most extreme effort thus far to transform our public schools into institutions of indoctrination that disregard all notions of the traditional family unit," said Karen England, executive director of Capitol Resource Institute. "SB 1437 seeks to eliminate all 'stereotypes' of the traditional family so that young children are brainwashed into believing that families with moms and dads are irrelevant."

Oh, great, CA has found a way to make their public school system even worse.

I LIVE on the Left Coast, most kids in public school have just a mommy, which is deterimental to society.

Two parents, opposite sexes, THAT makes for an ideal home enviroment. Might not always be attainable, but it's the ideal, ask any honest sociologist.

Home school, parochial/private school, those are the only reasonable alternatives out here, public school in CA isn't school.

UnAmericanYOU said:
Oh, great, CA has found a way to make their public school system even worse.

I LIVE on the Left Coast, most kids in public school have just a mommy, which is deterimental to society.

Two parents, opposite sexes, THAT makes for an ideal home enviroment. Might not always be attainable, but it's the ideal, ask any honest sociologist.

Home school, parochial/private school, those are the only reasonable alternatives out here, public school in CA isn't school.
Wow, this post fits into something I've been working on for over a week. I better get it finished! (Yeah Mom4, haven't forgotten. ;) )

Kathianne said:
Wow, this post fits into something I've been working on for over a week. I better get it finished! (Yeah Mom4, haven't forgotten. ;) )
I'm waiting, Kathianne! :bat:

J/K
:D

Although it hasn't reached the "enacting laws" stage yet in most states, I think the textbook problem has infected every school system in the country.
My oldest daughter serves on the textbook selection committee (for social sciences and history) at her children's school, and she says it is getting harder each year to find textbooks with appropriate (not politically slanted) contents.

I would be interested in hearing about the experiences (either directly or indirectly) parents on this board may have had with textbook selections in their own school systems.

Are there any other states like California that have reached the "enacting laws" stage?

Hobbit said:
Once again, my children will never set foot in a public school.

There are some great public schools out there. I love my kids school. You just have to avoid California all together apparently and the larger city schools.

Trigg said:
There are some great public schools out there. I love my kids school. You just have to avoid California all together apparently and the larger city schools.

It's a crap shoot at best. It's like having your kids play Russian Roulette with five bullets in the chamber. I'll pass.

jillian said:
I don't want to appear rude...but still seems none of you read the actual bill. (which DOESN'T do what the thread title says it does).

*sigh*

Yes, the bill does not say outright that the terms "Mom" and "Dad" will be banned. So then, Jillian, it appears to be your contention that a document must be construed very narrowly, and if the exact words are not contained therein, they cannot be implied?

Must be really tough for strict constructionist like you to defend Roe. ;)

Abbey Normal said:
Yes, the bill does not say outright that the terms "Mom" and "Dad" will be banned. So then, Jillian, it appears to be your contention that a document must be construed very narrowly, and if the exact words are not contained therein, they cannot be implied?

Must be really tough for strict constructionist like you to defend Roe. ;)

That was cute. heh! :cheers2:

New Topics

Forum List

Back