Bill Press author of "The Obama Hate Machine"

Remind me again who proclaimed that they'd raise one billion dollars for their campaign fund.:eusa_whistle:
Who?

Make sure you include links.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj0KcrcuJ1w]Obama Needs One Billion Dollars For 2012 Campaign - YouTube[/ame]

I just watched it. No where in that clip does anyone proclaim that they'd raise one billion dollars for their campaign fund.

Try again?

Bill Press said he found over a hundred and twenty books written about Obama with such subjects as his "anti American, Marxist, Fascist, racist, birth certificate and so on" since Obama became president.

He found 5 written about Bush while he was president.

Is that the comparison you're referring to?

I'd say bill press should learn how to use Lexus Nexus gumby....dismissed.

Eric Alterman and Mark J. Green, The Book on Bush: How George W. (Mis)leads America (2004)
Ken Auletta (January 19, 2004). Fortress Bush: How the White House Keeps the Press Under Control, The New Yorker, LXXIX, 53
Bruce Bartlett, Imposter: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy (2006)
Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?: The Case Against George W. Bush (2000)
Paul Begala, It's Still the Economy, Stupid: George W. Bush, The GOP's CEO (2002)
John Bonifaz, Warrior King: The Case for Impeaching George Bush (2003)
James Bovard, The Bush Betrayal (2004)
Russell S. Bowen, The Immaculate Deception: The Bush Crime Family Exposed (1991)
Robert Bryce, Cronies: Oil, The Bushes, and the Rise of Texas, America's Superstate (2004)
Vincent Bugliosi, The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder (2008)
Robert C. Byrd, Losing America: Confronting a Reckless and Arrogant Presidency (2004)
Richard Clarke, Against All Enemies: Inside America's War on Terror (2004)
David Corn, The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception (2003)
John W. Dean, Worse Than Watergate: The Secret Presidency of George W. Bush (2004)
Robert S. Devine, Bush Versus the Environment (2004)
Maureen Dowd, Bushworld: Enter at Your Own Risk (2004)
Dr. Justin A. Frank, Bush On The Couch: Inside the Mind of the President (2004), Regan Books.
Al Franken, Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right (2003)
Jacob Weisberg, Still More George W. Bushisms: Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican (2003)
Ben Fritz, Bryan Keefer & Brendan Nyhan, All the President's Spin: George W. Bush, the Media, and the Truth (2004)
James Hatfield, Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President (1999)
Jack Huberman, The Bush - Haters Handbook: A Guide to the Most Appalling Presidency of the Past 100 Years (2003)
Molly Ivins, Bushwhacked : Life in George W. Bush's America (2003)
Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose, Shrub: The Short but Happy Political Life of George W. Bush (2000)
Patrick S. Johnston, Mission Accomplished (2006)
William Karel, The World According to Bush (2004) documentary
Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Crimes Against Nature: How George W. Bush and His Corporate Pals Are Plundering the Country and Hijacking Our Democracy (2004)
Brad Koplowitz, Our Brave New World (2010)
Mark Crispin Miller, The Bush Dyslexicon: Observations on a National Disorder (2002)
Mark Crispin Miller, Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney's New World Order (2004).
Mcclellan Scott, What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception (2009).
Michael Moore, Dude, Where's My Country? (2004)
Michael Moore, Stupid White Men (2004).
Michael Moore, Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004) motion picture
Jack Nargundkar, The Bush Diaries: A Citizen's Review of the First Term (2005)
Kevin Phillips, American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune, and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush (2004).
Carl Pope, Strategic Ignorance : Why the Bush Administration Is Recklessly Destroying a Century of Environmental Progress (2004)
Gabriel Range, Death of a President (2006) motion picture
Webster Griffin Tarpley and Anton Chaitkin, George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography ([1]
Michael Scheuer (orig. pub. under "Anonymous"), Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror (2004)
Glenn W Smith, Unfit Commander: Texans for Truth Take on George W. Bush (2004)
Ron Suskind, The Way of the World (2008).
Craig Unger, House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties (2004)
Paul Waldman, Fraud: The Strategy Behind the Bush Lies and Why the Media Didn't Tell You
Ian Williams, Deserter: George Bush's War on Military Families, Veterans, and His Past (2004),
Clint Willis, The I Hate George W. Bush Reader: Why Dubya Is Wrong About Absolutely Everything (2004)
Bob Woodward, State of Denial (2006)
The Al Franken book isn't about Bush. I own it. It's mostly about Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, FOXNEWS. I has very little Bush content.

The Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose book is from 2000, before Bush was POTUS.

Which makes me wonder how many others on that list are also wrong.

As I said in a previous post, "Look at the books. Those are political in nature. How many of them call Bush a racist? Or a Fascist? Or say he wasn't born here? Or attack his family?"

Eric Alterman and Mark J. Green, The Book on Bush: How George W. (Mis)leads America (2004)
Ken Auletta (January 19, 2004). Fortress Bush: How the White House Keeps the Press Under Control, The New Yorker, LXXIX, 53
Bruce Bartlett, Imposter: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy (2006)
Paul Begala, It's Still the Economy, Stupid: George W. Bush, The GOP's CEO (2002)
Russell S. Bowen, The Immaculate Deception: The Bush Crime Family Exposed (1991)
Robert Bryce, Cronies: Oil, The Bushes, and the Rise of Texas, America's Superstate (2004)
Robert C. Byrd, Losing America: Confronting a Reckless and Arrogant Presidency (2004)
David Corn, The Lies of George W. Bush: Mastering the Politics of Deception (2003)
John W. Dean, Worse Than Watergate: The Secret Presidency of George W. Bush (2004)
Dr. Justin A. Frank, Bush On The Couch: Inside the Mind of the President (2004), Regan Books.
Al Franken, Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right (2003)
Jacob Weisberg, Still More George W. Bushisms: Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican (2003)
Ben Fritz, Bryan Keefer & Brendan Nyhan, All the President's Spin: George W. Bush, the Media, and the Truth (2004)
James Hatfield, Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President (1999)
Jack Huberman, The Bush - Haters Handbook: A Guide to the Most Appalling Presidency of the Past 100 Years (2003)
Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose, Shrub: The Short but Happy Political Life of George W. Bush (2000)
Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Crimes Against Nature: How George W. Bush and His Corporate Pals Are Plundering the Country and Hijacking Our Democracy (2004)
Mark Crispin Miller, The Bush Dyslexicon: Observations on a National Disorder (2002)
Mcclellan Scott, What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception (2009).
Kevin Phillips, American Dynasty: Aristocracy, Fortune, and the Politics of Deceit in the House of Bush (2004).
Carl Pope, Strategic Ignorance : Why the Bush Administration Is Recklessly Destroying a Century of Environmental Progress (2004)
Webster Griffin Tarpley and Anton Chaitkin, George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography ([1]
Michael Scheuer (orig. pub. under "Anonymous"), Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror (2004)
Craig Unger, House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties (2004)
Paul Waldman, Fraud: The Strategy Behind the Bush Lies and Why the Media Didn't Tell You
Ian Williams, Deserter: George Bush's War on Military Families, Veterans, and His Past (2004),
Clint Willis, The I Hate George W. Bush Reader: Why Dubya Is Wrong About Absolutely Everything (2004)

Look at the books. Those are political in nature. How many of them call Bush a racist? Or a Fascist? Or say he wasn't born here? Or attack his family?

are you fucking nuts or what?.....nevermind. :rolleyes:

Bill Press said he found over a hundred and twenty books written about Obama with such subjects as his "anti American, Marxist, Fascist, racist, birth certificate and so on" since Obama became president.

He found 5 written about Bush while he was president.

Is that the comparison you're referring to?

The Al Franken book isn't about Bush. I own it. It's mostly about Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, FOXNEWS. I has very little Bush content.

The Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose book is from 2000, before Bush was POTUS.

Which makes me wonder how many others on that list are also wrong.

:lol:feel free, knock off half of them if you like, the point remains. Oh and that doesn't include the assassination film.

If there is an obama hate machine, obama built it gear by gear himself. After all, he did start out with a majority full of "hope" that he would do well.

Instead he built a hate machine that will roll over him next November.

Wow, fast answer. You didn't even have time to read any of it. You had your talking point already memorized. Good job!

I don't need to read it to know that it is trying to contrive some kind of ginned up anti obama. Obama started out with the blessings of the nation. After that, everything is his fault.

like McConnell's blessing :doubt: Try again.

I guess fabricating and then reporting Bush's military records that he was AWOL were from the Bush LOVE machine..

gawd, Liberals are a whiny ass bunch these days..

WAAAAAAA, the people don't like Obama..............waaa waaa

I guess fabricating and then reporting Bush's military records that he was AWOL were from the Bush LOVE machine..

nothing like the cons are going to be if/when the President wins reelection ;)

nothing like the cons are going to be if/when the President wins reelection ;)

lol, I see you're not so all smug sure these days eh?

it's a IF/when:lol:

trajan, fyi....some of those books you listed are on george H W Bush, his father....not W.

THE tarpley book, ''unauthorized biography'' was on ghw bush, and i read it before bush jr was elected

see my post to synth. and it might be worth while checking the claim I was responding too.

But it's because of their political activity that the brothers Koch have recently gained notoriety. Together, they're probably the nation's biggest political donors. Nobody else -- not George Soros, not Bill Gates, not even Sheldon Adelson -- comes close. And their influence is everywhere. They're major funders of two conservative think tanks, the Heritage Foundation and the Cato Institute. They've created pseudo-scientific research centers on many college campuses, like the Mercatus Center of George Mason University. They're the sugar daddies behind two powerful political organizations, FreedomWorks and Americans for Prosperity -- which is currently running anti-Obama TV ads in 10 states. They were the money bags behind the tea party. They put up the funds to oppose new mining safety regulations in West Virginia, overturn tough mileage standards in California, and elect Scott Walker in Wisconsin. And, by my count, they're principal sources of funding for at least 57 conservative political action groups.

Koch brothers driving anti-Obama hate machine - chicagotribune.com

If I could outline the book briefly, there are three main topics:

There are lots of nasty things said about Barack Obama that aren’t true
The Koch brothers organized and paid for the Tea Party
The media no longer report facts, but rebroadcast what “newsmakers” say.

Book review: The Obama Hate Machine | Obama Conspiracy Theories

The OHM -- led by a wide-ranging collection of conservative media outfits, right-wing bloggers, and GOP partisans -- has already effectively undermined Obama's presidency by propagating lies about his administration's major accomplishments. It tarred Obama's health care reform initiative by falsely claiming it would establish "death panels." It pushed the falsehood that his $787 stimulus package created no new jobs. (The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that legislation created or saved up to 3.5 million jobs.) And don't forget the birthers, who are still yapping that Obama wasn't born in the United States. One recent poll found that 23 percent of Americans believe this (and 20 percent said they didn't know).

Combating the "Obama Hate Machine"

------------------------------------------------------

I'm watching Bill Press on CNN talking about his book. He points out the personal attacks on Obama being way more common than attacks on his policies.

He names names and quotes what they said. He said the personal attacks against a sitting president haven't been this bad since Lincoln, where they said things like he's so much better looking since he recovered from the "smallpox".

We do disagree on one thing. He says part of it is race, while I feel most of it is race.

Personal attacks like what? Do you have examples? Is this one of those personal attacks on Obama?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CoRyQDSHZ0"]New Koch Brothers Anti-Obama attack advert featuring "Solyndra" - January 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
as opposed to the bush hate machine? or the clinton hate machine? or the nixon hate machine?

whatever.....

though he did get one thing right- The media no longer report facts, but rebroadcast what “newsmakers” say.

No one was questioning whether BushI/II or Nixon were born here..or their patriotism. And neither was impeached.

None of them told a lie under oath either.

I do recall a few accusations that Bush stole a couple of elections, now that I think about it.

But it's because of their political activity that the brothers Koch have recently gained notoriety. Together, they're probably the nation's biggest political donors. Nobody else -- not George Soros, not Bill Gates, not even Sheldon Adelson -- comes close. And their influence is everywhere. They're major funders of two conservative think tanks, the Heritage Foundation and the Cato Institute. They've created pseudo-scientific research centers on many college campuses, like the Mercatus Center of George Mason University. They're the sugar daddies behind two powerful political organizations, FreedomWorks and Americans for Prosperity -- which is currently running anti-Obama TV ads in 10 states. They were the money bags behind the tea party. They put up the funds to oppose new mining safety regulations in West Virginia, overturn tough mileage standards in California, and elect Scott Walker in Wisconsin. And, by my count, they're principal sources of funding for at least 57 conservative political action groups.

Koch brothers driving anti-Obama hate machine - chicagotribune.com

If I could outline the book briefly, there are three main topics:

There are lots of nasty things said about Barack Obama that aren’t true
The Koch brothers organized and paid for the Tea Party
The media no longer report facts, but rebroadcast what “newsmakers” say.

Book review: The Obama Hate Machine | Obama Conspiracy Theories

The OHM -- led by a wide-ranging collection of conservative media outfits, right-wing bloggers, and GOP partisans -- has already effectively undermined Obama's presidency by propagating lies about his administration's major accomplishments. It tarred Obama's health care reform initiative by falsely claiming it would establish "death panels." It pushed the falsehood that his $787 stimulus package created no new jobs. (The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimates that legislation created or saved up to 3.5 million jobs.) And don't forget the birthers, who are still yapping that Obama wasn't born in the United States. One recent poll found that 23 percent of Americans believe this (and 20 percent said they didn't know).

Combating the "Obama Hate Machine"

------------------------------------------------------

I'm watching Bill Press on CNN talking about his book. He points out the personal attacks on Obama being way more common than attacks on his policies.

He names names and quotes what they said. He said the personal attacks against a sitting president haven't been this bad since Lincoln, where they said things like he's so much better looking since he recovered from the "smallpox".

We do disagree on one thing. He says part of it is race, while I feel most of it is race.

I hear Bill Press advertise this book on the radio in the most enthusiastic voice imaginable. What he is saying and how he is saying it are so far apart it sets my nerves on fire.

Havent read the book yet though. Sounds interesting.

Bill Press is in love with Barry as are most all in the media.

Who the hell would bother hating Barry??

Hell, hate is a strong emotion and it takes up a lot of a person. Barry ain't worth that kind of emotional investment.

He's just a dufus who was elected on Hope and Change and everyone wanting the Reps gone. He has shown he is in over his head and hasn't got a clue how to fix the economy. His policies suck and hopefully in Nov of this year we will have a new Prez. One who does know how to get this country up, running and headed in the right direction.

Hate Barry?? Perish the thought. Why bother??

Last edited:
No one was questioning whether BushI/II or Nixon were born here..or their patriotism. And neither was impeached.

None of them told a lie under oath either.

I do recall a few accusations that Bush stole a couple of elections, now that I think about it.

Bush Jr. signed an affidavit saying he had never been arrested or convicted of a crime.

He also said the SEC investigation found him innocent of all charges. Also false.

Course, Iraq was his worst lie by far.

I think the people have had their fill about how this poor President is picked on more than any other, and of course it has to be because HE'S BLACK..

We witnessed the left wing HATE MACHINE all during Bush's eight years..

When someone starts camping out in front Obama's home and shit in his bushes everyday than I'll try and get some sympathy for the man..

Forum List

Back