Bill O's book on Lincoln banned by the Nat'l Parks Service

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Banned from the Ford's Theatre bookstore for factual errors.

Of all the places you’d expect to find Bill O’Reilly’s “Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination That Changed America Forever,” Ford’s Theatre, the site of the dreadful act, should rank at the top. But you’d do better to search for the history bestseller on *Amazon.com, because you won’t find it at the theater’s store.

Bill O'Reilly's 'Killing Lincoln'; not for sale at Ford's Theatre museum bookstore - The Washington Post

Do people even read the stories the post?

While the National Park Service does not carry “Killing Lincoln” in the theater’s basement museum bookstore, Ford’s Theatre Society, which operates Ford’s Theatre in partnership with the park service, sells the book in its gift shop located in the ground-floor lobby of the theater.

• Banned

While the National Park Service does not carry “Killing Lincoln” in the theater’s basement museum bookstore, Ford’s Theatre Society, which operates Ford’s Theatre in partnership with the park service, sells the book in its gift shop located in the ground-floor lobby of the theater.

Yessss ... I read that.

Soooo?

Of all the places you’d expect to find Bill O’Reilly’s “Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination That Changed America Forever,” Ford’s Theatre, the site of the dreadful act, should rank at the top. But you’d do better to search for the history bestseller on *Amazon.com, because you won’t find it at the theater’s store.

Bill O'Reilly's 'Killing Lincoln'; not for sale at Ford's Theatre museum bookstore - The Washington Post

wahhhhhhhhhhhh.......

maybe he should have gotten the facts right.

just sayin'

Billo got something wrong?

I am in shock I tell you, just unbelievable.
Must just be left wing history revisionists out to get Bill.

• Banned

wahhhhhhhhhhhh.......

maybe he should have gotten the facts right.

just sayin'

That would be my take on the subject.

I guess he must've hired the same fact checkers he uses on the Factor.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Damn! No reps, no replies and not even one measly thanks.

And I thought that was gold when I posted it. Oh well, fail happens.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Let's see, go to Fords Theater website, click on books, search for "Killing Lincoln" and... there it is.

See? This is why you never trust a Liberal to tell you the truth, even partially:

KillingLincoln.jpg

Wait,so it's not banned? Doesn't look like it. I retract my earlier comment. My bad.

Oh now i get it. This was supposed to be one of those Gotcha "See,Bill O'Reily is Bad" threads. Wow,it sure has backfired on the OP though. Doesn't look like his book has been banned at all. Maybe the OP should apologize to the board? Just a suggestion anyway.

Let's see, go to Fords Theater website, click on books, search for "Killing Lincoln" and... there it is.

See? This is why you never trust a Liberal to tell you the truth, even partially:

KillingLincoln.jpg

Is that site connected with the National Park Service's part of the operation? Or is that the Ford’s Theatre Society's side of things?

Yessss ... I read that.

Soooo?

Sooooo...

It means your thread title: "Bill O's book on Lincoln banned by the Nat'l Parks Service" is a steaming pile of dishonest fail.

Way to pwn yourself you stupid bint. :thup:

Oh now i get it. This was supposed to be one of those Gotcha "See,Bill O'Reily is Bad" threads. Wow,it sure has backfired on the OP though. Doesn't look like his book has been banned at all. Maybe the OP should apologize to the board? Just a suggestion anyway.

I think Amelia is a con.
And Bill O should apologize for not doing his research.

The deputy superintendent for the Ford’s Theatre National Historic Site, Rae Emerson, identified a dozen errors in the book, including in its prologue, that were the basis for keeping it out of that historic location’s museum shop. (It is, however, being sold on non-government property at the nearby Ford’s Theatre Society bookstore, a National Park Service spokesman confirmed.)

The “lack of documentation and the factual errors” Emerson identified include mistaken references to Lincoln in the Oval Office, when the Oval Office didn’t exist until 1909; Lincoln assassin John Wilkes Booth carving a “peephole in the back of the state box” when the theater’s acting manager, Harry Clay Ford, did so; and misstating that Union General Ulysses Grant and Confederate General Robert E. Lee would not meet a second time, when in fact they did on April 10, 1865.

Other errors that have been cited include misstating how assassination conspirator Mary Surratt was imprisoned, the spelling of the last name of the Ford’s Theatre carpenter and the number of times that “Our American Cousin” was staged at Ford’s Theatre before Lincoln was shot.
Lincoln sites spurn Bill O

Forum List

Back