Bill O'Reilly SUPPORTS the Public Option

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Bill O'Reilly Backs Public Option (VIDEO)

O’Reilly backs government health insurance option - Daily Kos TV (beta)

Bombastic Fox News host Bill O'Reilly made a rather notable policy pronouncement on Wednesday's show: he supports the creation of a government-managed health care plan if it provides working Americans with an affordable option to other private insurance plans.
In other words, he supports the public option now being hotly debated in Congress.
As noted by DailyKos' Jed Lewison, O'Reilly had the following exchange with the Heritage Foundation's Nina Owcharenko:
O'REILLY: The public option now is done. We discussed this, it's not going to happen. But you say that this little marketplace that they're going to set up, whereby the federal government would subsidize insurance for some Americans, that is, in your opinion, a public option?
OWCHARENKO: Well, it has massive new federal regulation. So you don't necessarily need a public option if the federal government is going to control and regulate the type of health insurance that Americans can buy.
O'REILLY: But you know, I want that, Ms. Owcharenko. I want that. I want, not for personally for me, but for working Americans, to have a option, that if they don't like their health insurance, if it's too expensive, they can't afford it, if the government can cobble together a cheaper insurance policy that gives the same benefits, I see that as a plus for the folks.

O'Reilly ISNT a conservative
i've said it many times
but no liberal will ever understand it

he's one of the rich libtards who will take his money and leave if his taxes get to high,, so easy for him to say innit?

Bill O'Reilly Backs Public Option (VIDEO)

O’Reilly backs government health insurance option - Daily Kos TV (beta)

Bombastic Fox News host Bill O'Reilly made a rather notable policy pronouncement on Wednesday's show: he supports the creation of a government-managed health care plan if it provides working Americans with an affordable option to other private insurance plans.
In other words, he supports the public option now being hotly debated in Congress.
As noted by DailyKos' Jed Lewison, O'Reilly had the following exchange with the Heritage Foundation's Nina Owcharenko:
O'REILLY: The public option now is done. We discussed this, it's not going to happen. But you say that this little marketplace that they're going to set up, whereby the federal government would subsidize insurance for some Americans, that is, in your opinion, a public option?
OWCHARENKO: Well, it has massive new federal regulation. So you don't necessarily need a public option if the federal government is going to control and regulate the type of health insurance that Americans can buy.
O'REILLY: But you know, I want that, Ms. Owcharenko. I want that. I want, not for personally for me, but for working Americans, to have a option, that if they don't like their health insurance, if it's too expensive, they can't afford it, if the government can cobble together a cheaper insurance policy that gives the same benefits, I see that as a plus for the folks.

It is not the public option that he was talking about, it was the coop, the senate version, he wants something like that. He has been saying for weeks the public option is toast. When he finds out the details of that coop plan, he will turn on it in an instant. So sorry both are dead on arrival.

In a recent poll, Americans were asked, if you get sick, " Would you want a private plan to take care of you or a government plan." 62% replied a private plan.

This health care debate on these two bills is like kicking a dead horse to death. Trash those plans, bring in your top physiciian, hospital administrators, nursing home administrators, insurance exes' economists, cpa, lock them in a room and let the PROFESSIONALS work this out. Until then NO REFORM.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back