Bill O'Reilly Says The Holy Spirit Told Him To Write "Killing Jesus"

Quite possible. The Holy Spirit will speak to everyone if they listen.

"Every one of us human beings has two minds. One is totally ours [ the Holy Spirit], and it is like a faint voice that always brings us order, directness, purpose, The other mind is a foreign installation [original sin]. It brings us conflict, self-assertion, doubts, hopelessness: it's ourselves as the me-me center of the world."

O'Reilly is talking out his ass....

"Every one of us human beings has two minds. One is totally ours [ the Holy Spirit], and it is like a faint voice that always brings us order, directness, purpose, The other mind is a foreign installation [original sin]. It brings us conflict, self-assertion, doubts, hopelessness: it's ourselves as the me-me center of the world."

That's your conscience not the Holy Spirit.
You receive the Holy Spirit after you accept Jesus and are baptized.

He says all revenues from website and books go to charity. It is a good thing then that the bank account increases.
Of course. That's why he's worth over $85 million. :rofl:
Well, he makes $10 mil/year at the TV network. If you are not a fuck-up it accumulates.
It seems like more than a person needs...
Envy???
Fucking-tides-How-do-they-work.jpg
hahaha.. it is funny (really is) however, it makes it funnier to display how intellectually dead you are contributing to your own demise

Roll up another joint to clear your mind.:smoke:

Roll up another joint to clear your mind.:smoke:
Don't mind if I do ...Holy spirit says "cool "

That's your conscience not the Holy Spirit.
You receive the Holy Spirit after you accept Jesus and are baptized.
No that voice has directed my way out of some heavy situations ...its not my conscience....

Listen to your inner voice. Don't listen to the superficial voice that makes you angry. Listen to that deeper voice that is going to guide you from now on, the voice that is laughing. Listen to it! And laugh with it. Laugh! Laugh!

Last edited:
Of course. That's why he's worth over $85 million. :rofl:
Well, he makes $10 mil/year at the TV network. If you are not a fuck-up it accumulates.
It seems like more than a person needs...
Envy???
Fucking-tides-How-do-they-work.jpg
hahaha.. it is funny (really is) however, it makes it funnier to display how intellectually dead you are contributing to your own demise
Walk-in-supermarket-door-opens-by-itself-CANT-EXPLAIN-THAT.jpg

Well if the Holy Spirit told brother Bill to write the book I wish it would have told him to read the gospels first. I haven't read it but if the TV version was any indication it didn't follow scripture at all. I was terribly disappointed in fact that so many things were misinterpreted, portrayed so incorrectly, or were just flat made up. All those conversations between Pilate, Caiaphas, and Herod planning their conspiracy against Jesus before Jesus even got to Jerusalem, just as a singular example. PFFFT....give me a break. There exists no historical or Biblical basis for such an account nor does it even make sense. Pilate wouldn't have given two shits about Jesus one way or the other unless there was a threat against Rome.

John's comment after Jesus made the "...why have you forsaken me?" statement. John says something like 'if God has forsaken Him what will become of us?' Way to miss the point....Jesus was quoting Psalms you idiot (directed at whoever wrote that in the script) and John would have recognized that immediately.

Terribly disappointing depiction on the TV version. Totally amateur and shallow interpretation of scripture. I hope the book was better.

Last edited:
Well if the Holy Spirit told brother Bill to write the book I wish it would have told him to read the gospels first. I haven't read it but if the TV version was any indication it didn't follow scripture at all. I was terribly disappointed in fact that so many things were misinterpreted, portrayed so incorrectly, or were just flat made up. All those conversations between Pilate, Caiaphas, and Herod planning their conspiracy against Jesus before Jesus even got to Jerusalem, just as a singular example. PFFFT....give me a break. There exists no historical or Biblical basis for such an account nor does it even make sense. Pilate wouldn't have given two shits about Jesus one way or the other unless there was a threat against Rome.

John's comment after Jesus made the "...why have you forsaken me?" statement. John says something like 'if God has forsaken Him what will become of us?' Way to miss the point....Jesus was quoting Psalms you idiot (directed at whoever wrote that in the script) and John would have recognized that immediately.

Terribly disappointing depiction on the TV version. Totally amateur and shallow interpretation of scripture. I hope the book was better.

I read Bill O'Reilly's book. It focused on the historical aspects of Killing Jesus, not all the Gospel accounts. The movie wasn't anything like the book--or anything like the Gospels.

I believe Bill O'Reilly when he said it was through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit he wrote the book. People know when they come up with their own good idea, and when it seems to come from another. Even so, and even though O'Reilly did focus on some of the historical aspects, I think there are many more facts within both history and the Gospels that could have been addressed. I assess O'Reilly's attempt as good, worthy even--but incomplete.

The movie, had it followed the book--or the Gospels--would have been interesting. It followed neither. It was obvious that the movie wanted to focus on a very human Jesus. It attained that, but in the process lost the uniqueness of the very human it was trying to capture and define. It presented Jesus as a nice guy, but in such a way he could have been any nice guy. I appreciate, even respect, National Geographic's attempt, but it will not become my favorite rendition of the life of Christ because it is neither fish nor fowl (as the saying goes).

Forum List

Back