Bill O'Reilly Attacks San Francisco Sheriff With Bogus Claim

Show me where O'Reilly claimed that. What your article says he claimed is that the sheriff is effectively saying that. If O'Reilly said that he is telling the truth because this policy effectively puts violent people back on the street if all they have is an immigration hold.

Bill O said:
"basically says flat out 'I am not going to tell the federal government when I arrest a violent felon who is not in this country legally. He just won't do it"

That's a lie

Bill's geust said(And Bill O agreed):

"If you're an illegal alien, in San Francisco and you're arrested for a misdemeanor, when the feds try to put a hold on you, he will release the illegal alien into the streets before the feds can pick them up". Bill said it is "outrageous."

That's a lie

Bill O Said:
"City of SF will not obey federal immigration law"

That's a lieSheriff Hennessey is not "breaking" federal immigration law

Do you realize that you just quoted to statements that mean the exact opposite of each other and said they are both lies?

The city of San Francisco does violate federal immigration law, which makes O'Reilly's statement true. I will give you points for pointing out the sheriff is not breaking immigration law though, what he is actually doing is refusing to cooperate with ICE when they place holds on people. That is not illegal, but it does violate every precedent in the books.

Tha's not true. If the the city of Sf is breaking FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS prove it. If Sherriff Mike Hennessey said he wass going to release violent felons and not tell the federal government, prove it.

Bill O'Reilly seems to have a fascination, bordering on the prurient, with San Francisco. While most folks who have visited or lived in San Francisco would say that it is one of the nicest cities on the planet, Bill has frequently given it a wag of his finger. In fact, he claims that he coined the term "San Francisco Values" when, like the "Paris Business Review," this claim is bogus. But Bill has devoted not an insubstantial amount of air time to scolding San Francisco for its liberal and open attitude. This isn't surprising, given that "traditionalist" O'Reilly shares the same loathing for tolerance which is anathema to those, like Bill, who have a rigidly dogmatic world view (cept for phone sex). But rather than directly confront that California den of iniquity, Bill sends his stalker (whoops, producer) Jesse T Watters to do amusing little "man on the street" vignettes with folks on the streets of San Francisco. As O'Reilly's homey, Watters' "reporting" is really a channeling of his lord and master. The videos, despite their weak attempt at humor, have an agenda. The first San Francisco video was obviously an attempt to portray the people of San Francisco as kinky freaks. The agenda of the more recent video was to a) portray the people of San Francisco as kinky freaks and b) attack a San Francisco sheriff for breaking the law regarding undocumented immigrants - or, as Fox "News" portrays them, "illegal aliens." Thus, O'Reilly was able to further the right wing/Fox News meme of how evil liberals and evil "illegals" are part of the same, evil agenda which is more bogus, Bill BS!

Continue reading »
News Hounds: Bill O'Reilly Attacks San Francisco Sheriff With Bogus Claim

San Francisco one of the nicest cities on the planet?
:rofl:

Bill O said:
"basically says flat out 'I am not going to tell the federal government when I arrest a violent felon who is not in this country legally. He just won't do it"

That's a lie

Bill's geust said(And Bill O agreed):

"If you're an illegal alien, in San Francisco and you're arrested for a misdemeanor, when the feds try to put a hold on you, he will release the illegal alien into the streets before the feds can pick them up". Bill said it is "outrageous."

That's a lie

Bill O Said:
"City of SF will not obey federal immigration law"

That's a lieSheriff Hennessey is not "breaking" federal immigration law

Do you realize that you just quoted to statements that mean the exact opposite of each other and said they are both lies?

The city of San Francisco does violate federal immigration law, which makes O'Reilly's statement true. I will give you points for pointing out the sheriff is not breaking immigration law though, what he is actually doing is refusing to cooperate with ICE when they place holds on people. That is not illegal, but it does violate every precedent in the books.

Tha's not true. If the the city of Sf is breaking FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS prove it. If Sherriff Mike Hennessey said he wass going to release violent felons and not tell the federal government, prove it.

Prove it? All government agencies are required by federal law to cooperate with any criminal investigation yet San Francisco declared itself to be exempt from that law.

"I will not allow any of my department heads or anyone associated with this city to cooperate in any way shape or form with these raids," Newsom declared. "We are a sanctuary city, make no mistake about it."
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

The Board of Supervisors first declared San Francisco a "sanctuary city" in 1989. The designation, which many U.S. cities across the country took on during the 1980s, has no legal meaning.

Newsom pledges to make SF a sanctuary for illegal immigrants - SFGate

Proven

As for releasing violent felons, someone else already provided that link, go back and look.

Prove it? All government agencies are required by federal law to cooperate with any criminal investigation yet San Francisco declared itself to be exempt from that law.

"I will not allow any of my department heads or anyone associated with this city to cooperate in any way shape or form with these raids," Newsom declared. "We are a sanctuary city, make no mistake about it."
pixel.gif

pixel.gif

The Board of Supervisors first declared San Francisco a "sanctuary city" in 1989. The designation, which many U.S. cities across the country took on during the 1980s, has no legal meaning.

Newsom pledges to make SF a sanctuary for illegal immigrants - SFGate

Proven

As for releasing violent felons, someone else already provided that link, go back and look.

No one posted a link that proved SF Sherriff said he was going to release violent felons. and your link doesn't say SF is breaking federal immigration laws.

I think it's fairly obvious that the article is liberal biased BS..

They're hardly going to cut O' Reilly any slack.. that's not the purpose..

News Hounds

We watch FOX so you don't have to..

BS? I'm still waiting for proof.

Eh.. California is releasing 40,000 felons onto the streets, sheesh, why should that cause mayhem.. that's not enough proof for you...?

So add you to the list of BS that can't prove they are wrong.

Mean ol' Bill, picking on the illegal immigrants...I mean, soon-to-be Democrat voters. :(

And soon to be Republican slave labor.
:lol: Retard.
The last amnesty bill wac co-sponsored by REPUBLICAN John McCain.
And it was a tremendously bad idea. You see, I'm not one of you leftist sheep who thinks everything my side does is perfect.
Bill O isn't worried about illegal immigration he was just trying to demonize liberasls.
No need. You're doing a fine job all by yourself.

Mean ol' Bill, picking on the illegal immigrants...I mean, soon-to-be Democrat voters. :(

The last amnesty bill wac co-sponsored by REPUBLICAN John McCain.
And it was a tremendously bad idea. You see, I'm not one of you leftist sheep who thinks everything my side does is perfect.
Bill O isn't worried about illegal immigration he was just trying to demonize liberasls.

That's what I thought ...Can't prove anything so you bring out the insults.

Then, presumably, you have proof for your asinine charge that Republicans want to enslave illegals.

Let me guess: It consists solely of "Well, everybody just knows it's true!!"

So ..exactly where is Bill wrong...

There is an abundance of fruit cakes and assorted nuts in San Francisco...

Liberalism is running a muck...

and trust me .. San Francisco has plenty of armpits..

It is a beautiful sight from across the Bay though... magical..

It is a beautiful city and has areas with it's share of freraks but that is true in any big city.

Bill's bogus claim was abou the Sheriff

"

Here you are again, asserting claims without providing any evidence or at least reasoning. Is it too much to ask for you to support your claims. If you are going to claim that OReilly's claim was false you might want to:

1) Start out by pointing out what Bill's claim was
2) Show where he is wrong.

Just saying he is wrong adds absolutely nothing to discussion. And if you arent here for discussion what the heck is your point to being here?

So ..exactly where is Bill wrong...

There is an abundance of fruit cakes and assorted nuts in San Francisco...

Liberalism is running a muck...

and trust me .. San Francisco has plenty of armpits..

It is a beautiful sight from across the Bay though... magical..

It is a beautiful city and has areas with it's share of freraks but that is true in any big city.

Bill's bogus claim was abou the Sheriff

"

Here you are again, asserting claims without providing any evidence or at least reasoning. Is it too much to ask for you to support your claims. If you are going to claim that OReilly's claim was false you might want to:

1) Start out by pointing out what Bill's claim was
2) Show where he is wrong.

Just saying he is wrong adds absolutely nothing to discussion. And if you arent here for discussion what the heck is your point to being here?

Read my previous popsts i did point out his lies.

Then, presumably, you have proof for your asinine charge that Republicans want to enslave illegals.

Don't try to divert start a new thread, this is about O'reilly's lies.

Shall I start a thread about yours, then?

I get the feeling you wouldn't have anything intelligent to offer in it.

After the video, Bill again launched into agitprop mode. He explained that Watters was "sent" to San Francisco to find Sheriff Mike Hennessey who "basically says flat out 'I am not going to tell the federal government when I arrest a violent felon who is not in this country legally. He just won't do it." He asked why Watters couldn't find him. Watters, who ran away from a Think Progress reporter at CPAC, called Hennessey a "coward" and said - are ya ready for it - that, as a public official, Hennessey "had an obligation to speak with us." (Really, all public officials are required to speak to Fox "reporters?") Watters reinforced the propaganda: "He has taken the sanctuary policy to a whole, new extreme. If you're an illegal alien, in San Francisco and you're arrested for a misdemeanor, when the feds try to put a hold on you, he will release the illegal alien into the streets before the feds can pick them up". Bill said it is "outrageous."

Comment: What is outrageous is how Bill O'Reilly can promote misinformation - dare I say lies. Sheriff Hennessey is not "breaking" federal immigration law.

"...as of June 1, Hennessey will no longer hold illegal immigrants booked into county jail on minor misdemeanors until immigration officials come pick them up... But Hennessey says he discovered that keeping immigrants with ICE holds behind bars is a courtesy, not mandatory. He learned this after meeting last fall with the director of Secure Communities, David Venturella." Hennessey explained that Venturella told him that "ICE detainers are merely a request, they don't have the legal requirement of being honored... "

"The federal government is only asking and not requiring communities to do this."

And as far as Hennessey not telling the federal government when he arrests violent felons, O'Reilly is flat out wrong.

"The sheriff's department doesn't "cite out" more serious misdemeanors, such as gun violence or sex offenses. Under the new policy, those suspects will still be held at county jails until ICE officials pick them up, Hennessey says."

LEO's have no duty to answer any reporter's question. That is the first thing learned in 'dealing with the media' in management school.

Shall I start a thread about yours, then?

I get the feeling you wouldn't have anything intelligent to offer in it.

Only if you wanna see Republican slave labor.

Forum List

Back