Bill O'Reilly Apologizes

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Wow, after he and others in the GOP ran with that lie.<My comment

A rare sight: O'Reilly admits error - The Maddow Blog

Shortly after the 50th anniversary celebration of the March on Washington, Fox News' Bill O'Reilly was, as per the norm, outraged. Specifically, the host was incensed that there were no Republican speakers who addressed the enormous crowd at the Lincoln Memorial.

Arguing with Democratic strategist James Carville, O'Reilly demanded an explanation as to why former President George W. Bush, for example, wasn't there. Carville said, "I do not know that he wasn't invited." The host responded, "He wasn't. No Republicans and no conservatives were invited."

Though repeated with certainty, O'Reilly was, of course, completely wrong. Indeed, we knew a few hours before his show aired that Republican leaders were invited, but chose not to participate. Last night, in a remarkably rare sight, O'Reilly actually acknowledged an error.

"Last night during my discussion with James Carville about the Martin Luther King commemoration I said there were no Republican speakers invited. Wrong. Was wrong. Some Republicans were asked to speak. They declined. And that was a mistake. They should have spoken.

"Now, the mistake, entirely on me. I simply assumed that since all the speakers were liberal Democrats, Republicans were excluded. So, here's the 'Tip of the Day' -- Always check out the facts before you make a definitive statement. And, when you make a mistake, admit it."
<more>

Last edited:
The man has integrity and is not afraid to admit when he made a mistake.

Unlike the libtard media loons.

You have love the stupid titles from the left...

what would be RARE is if they REPORT without the DRAMATIC crap they make up...but that wouldn't APPEAL to their rabid cult followers..

A RARE SITE is it...right there and seeing it was from the MADDCOW I went........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

I have seen O'Reilly correct his mistakes before but the left will crucify him anyway
for making the mistake....

I have no opinion regarding whatever "Libtard media Loons." might do.

But the gloating that Maddow is doing to somehow discredit anyone who admits they have made a mistake does nothing to increase her relevance (I imagine this is her motive).

Clearly, Maddow has an inferiority complex.

It is refreshing to know you are such an expert on who apologizes and how often and to what degree. :cuckoo:

Admitting he was wrong 1 out of every 100 times doesn't make him a man of integrity, from the times I've seen him he makes quite a show of being a pompous ass that tries very hard to hide his rather obvious partisan bias, on the other hand he's an infotainer so his job is putting on a show not objectively reporting the facts.

I have seen O'Reilly correct his mistakes before but the left will crucify him anyway
for making the mistake....

oh, I know, I've seen that, too.

The left hates the man wholeheartedly, because he is not afraid of them and calls them what they are

Admitting he was wrong 1 out of every 100 times doesn't make him a man of integrity, from the times I've seen him he makes quite a show of being a pompous ass that tries very hard to hide his rather obvious partisan bias, on the other hand he's an infotainer so his job is putting on a show not objectively reporting the facts.

yes, it does. He admits when he IS wrong, not when you WANT him to be :D

I have no opinion regarding whatever "Libtard media Loons." might do.

But the gloating that Maddow is doing to somehow discredit anyone who admits they have made a mistake does nothing to increase her relevance (I imagine this is her motive).

Clearly, Maddow has an inferiority complex.

I thought that was penis envy...

Well good that he apologized,but it got out to the echo chamber and all the little piggy's ate it up like the rest of the garbage strewn across that echo chamber wall.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOqblSqx_VI]Pink Floyd - Pigs (Three different Ones) - YouTube[/ame]

Very typical of someone of your ilk, full of themselves and thinking they are right always, which everyone would know is being wrong most of the time. :eusa_liar:

It is refreshing to know you are such an expert on who apologizes and how often and to what degree.

you are welcome

Forum List

Back