Bill Moyers R.I.P.

Oh thank God. This travesty of 'journalism' finally leaves the airwaves 20 years too late. You know, I'd have respected him a lot more if he'd just been honest:

"Hi, I'm Bill Moyers and I'm so leftist I make Castro think I may be going too far."

At least that, I can respect... not this fake 'I'm an impartial journalist who neeeeeever shades the truth to match my politics.'

Hell even Jakob Riis didn't try that. He was always a reformer.

I don't mind Bill Moyers because at least he seems to investigate, analyze, and think instead of just yell and bitch. I don't necessarily agree with him all the time, but at least he makes well-researched points.

Oh thank God. This travesty of 'journalism' finally leaves the airwaves 20 years too late. You know, I'd have respected him a lot more if he'd just been honest:

"Hi, I'm Bill Moyers and I'm so leftist I make Castro think I may be going too far."

At least that, I can respect... not this fake 'I'm an impartial journalist who neeeeeever shades the truth to match my politics.'

I don't mind Bill Moyers because at least he seems to investigate, analyze, and think instead of just yell and bitch. I don't necessarily agree with him all the time, but at least he makes well-researched points.

You disagree with his analysis? Give an example.

or maybe you just don't agree with him because he's a liberal? seriously, what is there that you disagreed with?

or maybe you just don't agree with him because he's a liberal? seriously, what is there that you disagreed with?

i'm not saying i agree or disagree all the time. i'm just saying that i appreciate the thought that goes in to his stories on a level beyond my opinion of the point he's making.

i'm not saying i agree or disagree all the time. i'm just saying that i appreciate the thought that goes in to his stories on a level beyond my opinion of the point he's making.

I understood that. I am not attacking you or calling into question your statements, I am merely asking for a clarification. I am curious about something you wrote: " I don't necessarily agree with him all the time" and i wondered if you can remember an instance or give an example.

What Bill O'Reilly doesn't want you to see

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENBwJqzdajc]YouTube - What Bill O'Reilly doesn't want you to see[/ame]

This guy was the only talking head I could stand for more than 5 minutes, and, as everyone knows, I hate talking heads with a passion.

He never pretended he was "impartial", I don't even know where anyone got that. He was a liberal through and through, but he always seemed to give you honest information, through that liberal lens of course. That's more than one can say for most of the creeps on TV these days.

This guy was the only talking head I could stand for more than 5 minutes, and, as everyone knows, I hate talking heads with a passion.

He never pretended he was "impartial", I don't even know where anyone got that. He was a liberal through and through, but he always seemed to give you honest information, through that liberal lens of course. That's more than one can say for most of the creeps on TV these days.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back