Bill Moyers Makes It Clear: Requiring An ID Is Voter Suppression And Unconstitutional

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
The video at the link is fairly short and worth the watch. Yep, he has it right. The people that are really being screwed are the poor, the elderly, and the disabled. As the interview points out, that "free card" turns out costing more than poll taxes did.

Bill Moyers Makes It Clear: Requiring An ID Is Voter Suppression And Unconstitutional

Everyone's got an ID, right? Wrong. When 1 in 10 eligible voters have no ID, and a trip to a government building is time-consuming and costly, Bill Moyers is there to break down exactly how voter suppression has been allowed to happen and why it's unconstitutional.

There is NO voter suppression.

Didn't bother to watch the video, did you? Yes, the photo id laws disproportionately effect the poor, the elderly, and the disabled. Yes, for those without identification now, the cost of getting the so-called "free id" costs more than the poll taxes in the '60s. You can repeat your lie all you want, but Moyers is spot on.

So tell me, Dick Tuck, how do "the poor", "the elderly", and "the disabled" purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes, cash a personal check, apply for food stamps, use a credit card, apply for a passport, apply for Medicaid or Medicare, etc., WITHOUT providing proof of their age and/or proof of who they are?

Not requiring voters to prove who they are leaves the door wide open for VOTER FRAUD, which is EXACTLY what you and leftists like Bill Moyers want.

The leftist definition of "voter suppression" is SUPPRESSION OF VOTER FRAUD.

So tell me, Dick Tuck, how do "the poor", "the elderly", and "the disabled" purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes, cash a personal check, apply for food stamps, use a credit card, apply for a passport, apply for Medicaid or Medicare, etc., WITHOUT providing proof of their age and/or proof of who they are?

Not requiring voters to prove who they are leaves the door wide open for VOTER FRAUD, which is EXACTLY what you and leftists like Bill Moyers want.

I'm so tired of this topic. If either party is relying on those who can't muster enough chutzpa in 4 years to register to vote then get an acceptable ID, they deserve to lose. Simple; case closed.

That being said, 100% of this nonsense could be removed if the States just issued photographic copies of the voter registration cards.

The video at the link is fairly short and worth the watch. Yep, he has it right. The people that are really being screwed are the poor, the elderly, and the disabled. As the interview points out, that "free card" turns out costing more than poll taxes did.

Everyone's got an ID, right? Wrong. When 1 in 10 eligible voters have no ID, and a trip to a government building is time-consuming and costly, Bill Moyers is there to break down exactly how voter suppression has been allowed to happen and why it's unconstitutional.

More SSDD.

Doesnt matter is the answer to all those. All you have to know is that a lot of people dont have an ID. Start from there and you will see that if they dont have it, it suppresses their ability to vote.

Bill Moyers and the idea that requiring ID to vote = suppression is a fraud..............

If your so incompetent you cant acquire acceptable ID, your too f---ing stupid to vote

I'm so tired of this topic. If either party is relying on those who can't muster enough chutzpa in 4 years to register to vote then get an acceptable ID, they deserve to lose. Simple; case closed.

That being said, 100% of this nonsense could be removed if the States just issued photographic copies of the voter registration cards.

I like that idea

There is NO voter suppression.

Didn't bother to watch the video, did you? Yes, the photo id laws disproportionately effect the poor, the elderly, and the disabled. Yes, for those without identification now, the cost of getting the so-called "free id" costs more than the poll taxes in the '60s. You can repeat your lie all you want, but Moyers is spot on.

Oh cry me a mother fucking river.... by your logic, any cost incurred to get to the poll and vote is a poll tax. Poor people must burn gas, they must pay bus fare, etc.

Shit costs money... get over it.

And your idea that a "free"ID cost more than a poll tax is just plain stupid. Anyway, say it costs $10 to get an ID that lasts eight years, Jesus, that's $1/year or $.003/day.

You're ridiculous.

They've just enacted the ID law...Maybe it's been 4 months but not 4 years. The amount of time doesnt matter anyway.

Why did Republicans end early voting in 6 states? Why cant everyone take off of work to vote? Oh, I think I just answered my own question.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GBAsFwPglw]Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube[/ame]

The liberals are suing to stop giving military members 3 days for early voting. They like it better when they can send ballots way late, as they've done many times in the past to overseas troops, and not give them time to mail the ballot back before the deadline.

I bet Moyers, who apparently you think has the last word, will have a royal shitfit when the government starts demanding everyone get an ID when Obummercare kicks in. Talk about unconsitutional. Force people to obtain ID so you can force them to purchase something.

Lucky you, you won ovavian bingo, and probably even have a car and a drivers license. Hell, I bet you even have a job that will let you take some time off, without docking your pay, to deal with various bureaucracies, and not having to worry if taking that time off would result in not being able to pay this months rent.

I haven't been carded for booze or smokes for over 30 years. I doubt that someone would card a wrinkled up old lady either. Most poor that I know, don't have much of a need for passports. I have no problem cashing checks, since my bank knows me or I can use the ATM. Ever drive through a poor neighborhood and see all those check cashing stores? For an exorbitant fee, they'll just accept a utility bill as identification. My mother didn't need to show ID when she applied for SS survivor benefits. She just had to sign the paper saying it was all true, and that if it wasn't it was punishable by law. She just told them her SS number, and they asked a few questions to verify identity, and all was cool. When I registered to vote, I just signed the form that everything I said was true under penalty of law. When I moved (twice), I just went down to the public library and filled out a new form or a change of address form. Nobody asked for any ID.

I bet you live out in the alienated burbs, where you don't really get to know your bankers, grocers, liquor store operators, like you do in most cities with real neighborhoods. Well lucky you and your good fortune. But your good fortune seems to jaded you that everyone is able to get to where you're at. That's just not the case.

The fact remains that 10% of Americans don't have IDs, and they're disproportionately poor, elderly, or disabled.

I like that idea

Seems to be a way of satisfying everyone and we don't need to split the atom while doing it.

Bill Moyers, Huff Po, Daily KOS, what clowns......these are the sources of the left....they cant even get mainstream liberal sources.....hilarious
Get an ID, it's not that hard, everyone's doing it.......

moyer is a
liar
comedian
partisan hack
liar
and spiritual leader on the left

No one with an IQ takes anything he has to say seriously

No one on the right, because they're only standard for truth is being told what they want to hear.

New Topics

Forum List

Back