Bill making it a felony to protest against pipelines or other fossil fuel projects

Felony convictions for civil disobedience? Sounds like fascism to me.
If you fuck with someones business and it costs them a bunch of money, you should be locked away in prison. You dont get to ruin someones business without consequences.

Whereas if someone's business fucks with, say, your health, you need to shut the fuck up, amirite?

I keep thinking of this infamous fascist incident --

If their business is legal, then fuck off.

Hm, fascists make everything they do sound legal before the slaughter.

Luckily fascism doesnt exist in our nation, so no one gets slaughtered.

Clearly you need to read the issue in this thread. From the beginning.

I bet you think fascism actually LOST World War II, doncha.

Civil disobedience is a form of protest. It is one of the few meothos the people have of getting their voices heard over the sound of companies buying politicians.
No it doesn’t ! We are going to build a pipeline and there’s nothing you can do about it if you get in my way we will run you over peacefully

"We"? lol I think a waiter in Boston has no power in this fight. Good to see you don't give a shit about the people. Not news, but still good to see.
I care about the land that has been trashed by these so called environmentalist! The threats to workers, the destruction of property... You can peacefully protest all you want

The trash left behind at protests does not do one tenth the damage that spills from pipelines do. But you will happily support that, as long as it is not on your land.
If I catch you anywhere near my pipeline boy.. wait that was gay lol

Gay? No.

Stupid? Yes.

And normal trespassing is a misdomenor. Why make it a felony just because big companies are involved?

West Virginia Legislation Would Make Civil Disobedience Against Gas Pipelines a Felony

Big oil spending money to buy politicians to avoid being held responsible.

Any WV politicians that vote for this legislation should be removed next election (or sooner).
Hey it’s the anti trumper! Let me read this see how dishonest you are

Hey, it's the Liar. Let me wait and see what lies you tell about what I said.
Your post is full of fallacies this protects the workers of the pipeline this protects the equipment this protects the property it says nothing about protesting

You don't think civil disobedience is a form of protest? I guess you would have had the people sitting at lunch counters in the '60s prosecuted too?
Of course, it is. However, that does not exonerate anyone from the consequences of their disobedience.

Can one private property owner refuse to let the pipeline on their property? Otherwise the slimy rotten company gets to overtake them?

No it doesn’t ! We are going to build a pipeline and there’s nothing you can do about it if you get in my way we will run you over peacefully

"We"? lol I think a waiter in Boston has no power in this fight. Good to see you don't give a shit about the people. Not news, but still good to see.
I care about the land that has been trashed by these so called environmentalist! The threats to workers, the destruction of property... You can peacefully protest all you want

The trash left behind at protests does not do one tenth the damage that spills from pipelines do. But you will happily support that, as long as it is not on your land.
If I catch you anywhere near my pipeline boy.. wait that was gay lol

Gay? No.

Stupid? Yes.

And normal trespassing is a misdomenor. Why make it a felony just because big companies are involved?
Because you have taken advantage of it to many times

If you fuck with someones business and it costs them a bunch of money, you should be locked away in prison. You dont get to ruin someones business without consequences.

Whereas if someone's business fucks with, say, your health, you need to shut the fuck up, amirite?

Fascism doesnt exist in the United States. No one is being slaughtered.

Like I'm going to sympathize with an idiot editor who also founded a
single payer health care for america website?

No thanks. Lock those smelly unwashed anti-pipeline protesters up and throw away the key.

Besides, WV is coal country. Why would Big Coal even care about gas pipelines?

The article specifically mentions "other fossil fual projects".

And people should have a voice. I hate that protestors cause problems for fossil fuel companies. But those people deserve the right to voice their grievances.

Is this about protesting outside the fence of the property being worked on, or actually interfering with the work being done?

Sorry, but if you believe in your cause enough to disrupt the work being done, then you should have the conviction to take your punishment, serve your sentence and do it again.
right, but it should NOT be a felony.... that is EXTREME!!!

West Virginia Legislation Would Make Civil Disobedience Against Gas Pipelines a Felony

Big oil spending money to buy politicians to avoid being held responsible.

Any WV politicians that vote for this legislation should be removed next election (or sooner).
No one is going to jail for speaking their mind. What you cant do is fuck with pipelines by chaining yourself to their equipment, blocking their vehicles from coming and going, and otherwise shutting down their business. You deserve jail time if you do that shit.

Felony convictions for civil disobedience? Sounds like fascism to me.

Felony convictions for civil disobedience against a corporatocracy, specifically.

Isn't civil disobedience technically against government, or at least government policies?

This is about vandalizing private property, or preventing workers from performing their duties.
This and similar measures are about punishing dissent and placing corporate interests above that of the right of the people to peaceably assemble – regardless whether protests concern the private or public sectors.

Vandalizing private property or preventing workers from performing their duties is a red herring fallacy; a bad faith contrivance intended to ‘justify’ government punishment of dissent.

Yes there is. You are just obviously ignorant to its existence.
LaVoy Finicum was slaughtered. Children and women at Waco slaughtered. Vicky and Sammy Weaver were at Ruby Ridge. Probably many more that do not have the same name recognition as those.

This law is BS, plain and simple. It wouldn't surprise me if hard core Democrats or neocons considered it a felony to have a different opinion but it still isn't constitutional. Since when is this country about controlling thought? Fuck that

EXCLUSIVE FULL VIDEO: Owen Shroyer Gets Arrested Again

3pamdn.gif

LaVoy Finicum was slaughtered. Children and women at Waco slaughtered. Vicky and Sammy Weaver were at Ruby Ridge. Probably many more that do not have the same name recognition as those.
Someone getting shot in a stand off isnt fascism, retard.

What we need is a requirement that any legislator who proposes unconstitutional measures be immediately thrown out of office and be ineligible for future elections.
A proposed requirement that is itself un-Constitutional.

And we already have a process that removes a legislator from office who proposes un-Constitutional measures: elections.

That the people are too stupid to use the political process to remove such lawmakers from office doesn’t justify an un-Constitution requirement as a ‘remedy.’

In fact, the people alone are responsible for the bad government they get.

It wasn't a standoff asshat. Finicum was on his way to meet the sheriff. Concerning Ruby Ridge even a jury wouldn't convict him, a dear friend sat in on that whole trial and the FBI setting or attempting to set someone up then going after them shooting their dog and doing all the crp they did was totally uncalled for. Shooting a mother in her doorway while she's holding her baby in her arms is total crap. You apparently think its funny.

A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions.

It wasn't a standoff asshat. Finicum was on his way to meet the sheriff. Concerning Ruby Ridge even a jury wouldn't convict him, a dear friend sat in on that whole trial and the FBI setting or attempting to set someone up then going after them shooting their dog and doing all the crp they did was totally uncalled for. Shooting a mother in her doorway while she's holding her baby in her arms is total crap. You apparently think its funny.

A fascist is a follower of a political philosophy characterized by authoritarian views and a strong central government — and no tolerance for opposing opinions.
That isnt fascism, retard. Learn the words you are using before you use them.

Fascism isn't just "slaughter", cupcake.

See post 108.

It's never failed to astound me that the same voices who wail and scream about how "gummint should stay out of my business", then just roll over and go "yes Master may I have another" when Corporatia does the same thing.

Fascism isn't just "slaughter", cupcake.

See post 108.
I never said it was. I merely used the word that HE used.

That isnt fascism, retard. Learn the words you are using before you use them.
Here I'll give it to you in full.

Websters New International Dictionary Second Edition Unabridged
The principal of the Fascisti: Fascist as meaning bearer of the fascis. Because the Fasciti were supposed to typify obedience to the law as did the lictores in ancient Rome. The members of an Italian organization, originated in 1919 that under the leadership of Benito Mussolini became identical with the government of the Italian state which it reorganized, embodying many of the syndicalist principals. Each local branch is called a Fascio, and all the organization collectively form the Fascis. Cf. Black Shirt

Fascism: 1. The principals of the Facisti; also, the movement or governmental regime embodying their principals. 2. Any program for setting up a centralized autocratic national regime with severely nationalistic policies, exercising regimentation of industry, commerce, and finance, rigid censorship, and forcible suppression of opposition.

So if one is a Fascist they are an inherent or an advocate of Fascism.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back