Bill Maher vs Rush Limbaugh

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Bill Maher addressed Rush's comments toward him. Here are some snippets......

The bit I did about Palin using the word c-, one of the biggest laughs in my act, I did it all over the country, not one person ever registered disapproval, and believe me, audiences are not afraid to let you know.

To compare that to Rush is ridiculous - he went after a civilian about very specific behavior, that was a lie, speaking for a party that has systematically gone after women's rights all year, on the public airwaves. I used a rude word about a public figure who gives as good as she gets, who's called people "terrorist" and "unAmerican."

The First Amendment was specifically designed for citizens to insult politicians. Libel laws were written to protect law students speaking out on political issues from getting called whores by Oxycontin addicts.

In general, this is an obvious right wing attempt to dredge up some old shit about me to deflect from their self-inflicted problems. They are the kings of false equivalencies.

And through it all, I have defended Rush's right to stay on the air! Not what he said, that was disgusting - but the right to not disappear because people who don't even listen to you don't like what you said. That really bothers me. I never hear Rush Limbaugh unless a guy in the next truck at a stop light has it on; it would be arrogant for me to say "he has to disappear" and deprive the people who do listen to him of what they like. We all have different tastes and different opinions, that's America.

Four Questions for Bill Maher - Yahoo!

I would think that this interview would be enough to shut Rush Limbaugh up about Bill Maher. But we all know THAT'S not gonna happen. :lol:

I heard Hannity actually try to use Chris Rocks act as further proof of some unfairness with Rush. He never explains why this is unfair, he just simply keeps yelling it until it takes.

So the rights plan, as I predicted, is to try and go after every comedian and say they are just like the Honorary Member of the GOP, CPAC speaker, Institute for Conservative Studies creator Rush Limbaugh.

Even a yoga master couldnt make this stretch

To compare that to Rush is ridiculous - he went after a civilian about very specific behavior, that was a lie, speaking for a party that has systematically gone after women's rights all year, on the public airwaves. I used a rude word about a public figure who gives as good as she gets, who's called people "terrorist" and "unAmerican."

I would think that this interview would be enough to shut Rush Limbaugh up about Bill Maher. But we all know THAT'S not gonna happen. :lol:
:clap2:

Comedy routines vs Political Talk Shows - Public Figures like Palin

:doubt:

The bit I did about Palin using the word c-, one of the biggest laughs in my act, I did it all over the country, not one person ever registered disapproval, and believe me, audiences are not afraid to let you know.

In general, this is an obvious right wing attempt to dredge up some old shit about me to deflect from their self-inflicted problems. They are the kings of false equivalencies.
And through it all, I have defended Rush's right to stay on the air! Not what he said, that was disgusting - but the right to not disappear because people who don't even listen to you don't like what you said. That really bothers me. I never hear Rush Limbaugh unless a guy in the next truck at a stop light has it on; it would be arrogant for me to say "he has to disappear" and deprive the people who do listen to him of what they like. We all have different tastes and different opinions, that's America.

They can't give it up, which would be the SMART thing to do. But they don't do it. What does that tell you? I'll get the ball rolling.

They're not _____.

The First Amendment was specifically designed for citizens to insult politicians. Libel laws were written to protect law students speaking out on political issues from getting called whores by Oxycontin addicts.

He doesn't even understand the 1st amendment. The first amendment was designed to protect speech. Even speech you disagree with. However it has limits, such as obscenity, fighting words, yelling fire in a crowded building, libel and slander. The public figure defense makes it extremely hard for a public figure to proof a claim of libel/slander, but it's possible.

What Maher said was FAR worse than what Rush said. Don't believe me. Go call a random women a slut, then go call her a ****! The reaction on the 2nd one will be much more violent.

In reality what Rush said was true and what Maher said was false!

They both are flaming assholes ...end of story

Compare the way Fluke was treated to the way Joe the plumber was treated.
The left had no problem with attacks against a private citizen then.

Lets see....

Both are "entertainers"...
Both are politically active and vocal...
Both make their money by their political statements...
Both are watched/listened to and quoted by their respective sides of the aisle...
Both are despised by their political opposites....
Both have been known to make disparaging remarks to a woman recently...

No, no similarities whatsoever...

He doesn't even understand the 1st amendment. The first amendment was designed to protect speech. Even speech you disagree with. However it has limits, such as obscenity, fighting words, yelling fire in a crowded building, libel and slander. The public figure defense makes it extremely hard for a public figure to proof a claim of libel/slander, but it's possible.

What Maher said was FAR worse than what Rush said. Don't believe me. Go call a random women a slut, then go call her a ****! The reaction on the 2nd one will be much more violent.

In reality what Rush said was true and what Maher said was false!

Maher said it on one show, and it wasn't even the whole show that was dedicated to it, it was just a short bit.

Limbaugh railed on for 3 whole days (9 hours) on this one subject.

BTW...........I think telling a woman that if she uses contraception for birth control, she's gotta post sex videos so that people like Limbaugh could watch (because he wants a little something for it) is much worse than calling a woman the c word.

They both are flaming assholes ...end of story

Nope. One is a comedian, the other is a bully.

I care not for the routine of either.

One can be an entertainer (not much of one IMHO) and also a Flaming Asshole.
The other can be a bully ( on loan from god) and also a Flaming Asshole.

I dont t care for either also, so we have comon ground.

Forum List

Back