Bill Maher Video Seems To Incourage Run On Banks

I have already admitted I am not one of the perfect people.. you and barb are just perfect..

I would never lay claim to perfection, doubt Jillian would either. And Willow, you don't have to be perfect, you're cute as a button, just the way you are.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HjQkMWTuy...AuM/wgE2zl2PfuA/s320/monkey+at+typewriter.jpg

"I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus or occasionally pee on yourself. You hang in there, sunshine – you're friggin' special."

Well that's just perfect Barb.. You have reached a high level of perfectedness!

ummm... wrong-o again, buckaroos... as usual, a pathetic effort at demonizing the "enemy". :cuckoo:

Bill Maher said what a lot of people are saying... move your money out of a "too big to fail" bank and invest it in your local SMALL community bank.

But you know, y'all would actually have to think for yourselves to pick that up, I guess.

BTW, muddy, it's ENCOURAGE ... not INCOURAGE.

And for the record, no, I didn't watch the version of this you posted because I can't get youtube at work. But I saw the video after I googled what you were saying and it was posted elsewhere.

BTW... Maher isn't a "liberal" much as I know you love using that word as a pejorative. He's a libertarian.

And I'm Rosie O'Donnell.

All you got me on was a typo. I realized it after I'd entered it but didn't have the time to change it. I was in a hurry because I had to go to work.

He's telling people to begin a run on the big banks which in case you haven't been paying attention...means a collapse of the banking system.

you really believe the stuff you say?

puleeze...

What do you think will happen when thousands of depositors rush to the bank and attempt to withdraw their cash?

If half of them believed this jackass we'd be in some serious shit.

I remember in history class about the run on banks that led to the Great Depression. It almost happened in September of 08'. FDIC only can do so much.

You're really making me break my rule of never insulting anyone. I really really really hate insulting people. It never adds to the debate. It's not an argument on the merits.

But here goes. Mudwhistle You're an idiot. I've already gone over this...despite WillowTree being an idiot too.

1. It wouldn't happen over night...if you think it would, you're retarded
2. It's perfectly within each consumers rights to change banks
3. If the big banks aren't ready for it, that's their own fault
4. The big banks would change policies to become competitive

Why republicants have to be such tards I have no idea. You'll never admit to the truth because you come on forums like these to circle jerk each other instead of make meaningful progress in a discussion about important issues.

As a centrist, I call 'em like I see 'em...and you two are being raging douchetools of the 1st order.

You're really making me break my rule of never insulting anyone. I really really really hate insulting people. It never adds to the debate. It's not an argument on the merits.

But here goes. Mudwhistle You're an idiot. I've already gone over this...despite WillowTree being an idiot too.

Why republicants have to be such tards I have no idea. You'll never admit to the truth because you come on forums like these to circle jerk each other instead of make meaningful progress in a discussion about important issues.

As a centrist, I call 'em like I see 'em...and you two are being raging douchetools of the 1st order.

Because we will never reach the state of perfectedness such as you yourself have.. Must be nice. We imperfects apologize for having a point, for being idiots, for being douchebags.. that's all we can do for now..

And I'm Rosie O'Donnell.

All you got me on was a typo. I realized it after I'd entered it but didn't have the time to change it. I was in a hurry because I had to go to work.

He's telling people to begin a run on the big banks which in case you haven't been paying attention...means a collapse of the banking system.

you really believe the stuff you say?

puleeze...

What do you think will happen when thousands of depositors rush to the bank and attempt to withdraw their cash?

If half of them believed this jackass we'd be in some serious shit.

I remember in history class about the run on banks that led to the Great Depression. It almost happened in September of 08'. FDIC only can do so much.

I think the BIG BANKS will IMPROVE their cust service and lower their fees, if they don't then they don't DESERVE to stay in business. So tell me why do you HATE free market CAPITALISM?

Because we will never reach the state of perfectedness such as you yourself have.. Must be nice. We imperfects apologize for having a point, for being idiots, for being douchebags.. that's all we can do for now..

That's the POINT you don't HAVE a POINT. You are a total fing HYPOCRITE since you are slamming Maher for calling to move money to small LOCAL banks and you don't even have YOUR money in a BIG bank. What an ASSHOLE!

That's the POINT you don't HAVE a POINT. You are a total fing HYPOCRITE since you are slamming Maher for calling to move money to small LOCAL banks and you don't even have YOUR money in a BIG bank. What an ASSHOLE!

Well, we can't all be perfect such as yourself.. I grovel.

I'm not perfect...not by a longshot. In fact, I feel ashamed for insulting people. But talking to you idiots - who wont even acknowledge a simple point for fear of "losing" - pushes me past my point sometimes and hey, it happens.

You don't have a point. You won't concede the truth. Talking to you is like hitting one's head against a brick wall. That's why I left this forum for several months, because there are only a few people here who post based on reasoned logic not partisan f-tardism.

I'm not perfect...not by a longshot. In fact, I feel ashamed for insulting people. But talking to you idiots - who wont even acknowledge a simple point for fear of "losing" - pushes me past my point sometimes and hey, it happens.

You don't have a point. You won't concede the truth. Talking to you is like hitting one's head against a brick wall. That's why I left this forum for several months, because there are only a few people here who post based on reasoned logic not partisan f-tardism.

I will concede the truth.. You perfect people know better than I. I now agree all the people should go to the banks the head perfect person said "are too big to fail" we should all go and let them fail. that's just what they deserve. Perfect people always win cause they know everything there is to know. I am sorry I ever questioned your perfect position.

Yeah Willow get to groveling and while you're at it MOVE YOUR MONEY TO A BIG BANK!!!! Oh I forgot you can spout off about Maher but you are a fing HYPOCRITE who has her money in a CU. Did you even READ the OP?

no perfect person, I cannot move my money,, the perfecttedness of Bill Maher is not to be questioned by imperfect people.. I grovel before him.

Willow, your mantra of "im not perfect" is childish and doesn't advance the debate one bit. How about trying not to be a sophomoric twit and actually discuss the issues.

Willow, your mantra of "im not perfect" is childish and doesn't advance the debate one bit. How about trying not to be a sophomoric twit and actually discuss the issues.

gosh dang it all, when I tried that I was told I was an idiot,a moron, and didn't know a damn thing.. republicans are selfish, immoral evil creatures,, so I must grovel to the perfect people and tell them they know everything there is to know.. how can they possibly argues against their own perfection in morality and compassion and pure perfect goodness??

You're right. I can see why you wouldn't want to debate someone calling you an idiot. You can't expect that someone who insults you like that could exercise the good faith or civility required for a decent conversation.

Of course when all you do is repeat "Im not perfect" in that condescending sarcastic way, you're not adding anything worth debating.

Great. Another of your threads closed. Next?

You're right. I can see why you wouldn't want to debate someone calling you an idiot. You can't expect that someone who insults you like that could exercise the good faith or civility required for a decent conversation.

Of course when all you do is repeat "Im not perfect" in that condescending sarcastic way, you're not adding anything worth debating.

Great. Another of your threads closed. Next?

We just can't debate perfect.. when one side has achieved great perfectedness in ethics, morality, know it all ness, and perfectionism there is nothing to debate.. Hail to the perfect.. hail hail..

So you repeat perfect over and over and over like a re re. That's your debate tactic. Great forum trolling.

Forum List

Back