Bill Maher Video Seems To Incourage Run On Banks

ummm... wrong-o again, buckaroos... as usual, a pathetic effort at demonizing the "enemy". :cuckoo:

Bill Maher said what a lot of people are saying... move your money out of a "too big to fail" bank and invest it in your local SMALL community bank.

But you know, y'all would actually have to think for yourselves to pick that up, I guess.

BTW, muddy, it's ENCOURAGE ... not INCOURAGE.

And for the record, no, I didn't watch the version of this you posted because I can't get youtube at work. But I saw the video after I googled what you were saying and it was posted elsewhere.

BTW... Maher isn't a "liberal" much as I know you love using that word as a pejorative. He's a libertarian.

This is why comedians should never make economic policy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaFJoGMVcGU&feature=player_embedded#

This kind of thinking will just cause another banking crisis.

Thanks Bill....now go back to making up funny lies for profit.:cool:
I believe some of the libs want a collapse of the economy.

The prick, Bill Mayer could be among them.

funny... and I think it's the right wingnut "ihopehefails" crew who want the collapse of the economy so they can try to get a political benefit from it.

guess it depends where you're looking from...

ummm... wrong-o again, buckaroos... as usual, a pathetic effort at demonizing the "enemy". :cuckoo:

Bill Maher said what a lot of people are saying... move your money out of a "too big to fail" bank and invest it in your local SMALL community bank.

But you know, y'all would actually have to think for yourselves to pick that up, I guess.

And for the record, no, I didn't watch the version of this you posted because I can't get youtube at work. But I saw the video after I googled what you were saying and it was posted elsewhere.

BTW... Maher isn't a "liberal" much as I know you love using that word as a pejorative. He's a libertarian.

And I'm Rosie O'Donnell.

All you got me on was a typo. I realized it after I'd entered it but didn't have the time to change it. I was in a hurry because I had to go to work.

He's telling people to begin a run on the big banks which in case you haven't been paying attention...means a collapse of the banking system.

Maher is spouting Marxist principles.

His flawed logic only works in a dream world created by despotic regimes.

It's how Scumbags like Stalin, Castro, Chavez, Obama, and Putin gain power....by fooling the masses into thinking the rich are the enemy.

With the exception of my mortgage I've been using a small local bank for about a decade now and it's great. They almost don't know the meaning of fees. They don't even charge me for checks or processing them either. Yeah, technically there's a small monthy fee for checking account maintenance but it's so small it's insignificant. A while back I needed a couple of cashier's checks and there was no charge whatsoever, and very competitive interest rates for savings, CD's, ect. Best bank I've ever been associated with.

And I'm Rosie O'Donnell.

All you got me on was a typo. I realized it after I'd entered it but didn't have the time to change it. I was in a hurry because I had to go to work.

He's telling people to begin a run on the big banks which in case you haven't been paying attention...means a collapse of the banking system.

you really believe the stuff you say?

puleeze...

Maher is spouting Marxist principles.

His flawed logic only works in a dream world created by despotic regimes.

It's how Scumbags like Stalin, Castro, Chavez, Obama, and Putin gain power....by fooling the masses into thinking the rich are the enemy.

Bill Maher influences no one but other scumbags like himself.
Most people understand that people who supposedly make one payment late don't get their rate raised to 30 percent, but most likely only after several are missed. If there are no penalties for folks not honoring their agreements with lenders we all have to, either with higher rates or less availability of credit when we need it. People who get hit with "overdraft" charges, are the lucky ones; a 25 or $50 charge is just a kiss on the cheek compared to the hassle of having a check bounce and having to clean up that mess which usually takes days, not to mention the possibility of getting into some real trouble with the law for having written a check with insufficient funds in the first place. To people with their heads engaged, all his complaints are hollow, or induced by government policies on close examination. He should be complaining about Fanny and Freddy execs taking huge bonuses, or the fact they we are still one the hook for their excesses.

Last edited:
Sorry but first of a Maher IS a Libertarian NOT a "Liberal" and second he is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! Maybe if the "too big to fail" banks see that their OUTRAGEOUS fees are driving their business elswhere they will WAKE THE FUCK up and quit abusing THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS. But I understand how this example of PURE Capitalism would FRIGHTEN you I mean after all you don't REALLY want Capitalism you want REVERSE redistribution of wealth. For some reason you are MORE than happy to have a TINY # of BILLIONAIRES control our MONETARY POLICY and our countries DESTINY. Why do you lick the hand of you abuser? I don't know but you do and that is very sad.

YES Bill Maher is RIGHT and you are WRONG and it is beginning to sink in to even the most ignorant of Right Wingers!

Gawd you guys are fucking hypocrites........What is wrong with reminding people that they have OPTIONS, BETTER options, than the "too big to fail" banks. That's MARXIST how fucking stupid are you it is CAPITALISM. Why are you suddenly afraid of CAPITALISM!!!??? If you don't like your bank MOVE YOUR MONEY or should we be FORCED to stay with banks that charge HUGE fees and penalize people who miss ONE yes ONE payment. Have you ever herd of "Universal Default"? No, I'm not surprised.

So I leave this forum only to come back and find the same discussions and same avoidance of reality.

I think it's highly unlikely that "dems want the economy to fail" - if only because they want to prop up Obama. Rush Limbaugh on the other hand expressly shouted that he wanted Obama to fail. Why aren't you bringing that up? Of course because you're not being objective - just ranting.

Can you honestly tell me what the harm is in moving your money to a smaller bank? Don't you think that if enough consumers did that, the larger banks would respond with better rates/practices/fees? It would never happen overnight, so to say that it would make the big banks crash is ridiculous. What's so wrong with people doing something within their rights to do...that empowers consumers...and is part of the often lauded "free market system" (btw, not since governement was ever in place has there ever been a truly free market. That's a bogus term)

Is Maher a liberal in the generic sense of the word? Yes. We all can agree on that. He's for progressive taxes and gay rights. Those two issues alone make him liberal. And it's fine to acknowledge the source you're listening to in order to uncover bias. Maher himself calls the campain "populist" which is often pejorative.

follow the bouncing ball,, "The banks are too big to fail" "if they fail the economy fails" "if the economy fails America fails" soooooooo to suggest that everyone leave the banks is to suggest that the too big to fail banks fail, if they fail the economy fails if the economy fails American fails,, therefore the libtards want America to fail.. it's just that simple.

This is why comedians should never make economic policy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaFJoGMVcGU&feature=player_embedded#

This kind of thinking will just cause another banking crisis.

Thanks Bill....now go back to making up funny lies for profit.:cool:
I believe some of the libs want a collapse of the economy.

The prick, Bill Mayer could be among them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9dnLgTo6MU[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6mmOapC_i0[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjQhuiMKnCk[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFLcvTrHTZk[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu1FK1dW3SQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCR4F8nebY4[/ame]

Forum List

Back