Bill Maher to tea partiers: The Founding Fathers would’ve hated your guts

Once again, for the benefit of those who were absent on the first day of school....

Taxed
Enough
Already.

Please learn. There will be a pop quiz.

Oh, give me a break. Don't be so disingenuous. You know, I know and everybody knows why they chose the tea party moniker. The fact that it makes a little anagram that fits their political set up is nice and fluffy and all that, but please, don't try and think we're all idiots....

The TEA Parties takes its moniker from an historic event. One about taxes. Can you grasp that concept... the similarities between the original event and the current issue?

the tea party takes its' name from what it believes to be a revolutionary act as a way of telegraphing its willingness to entertain revolution. the fact that the tea party pretends to give a damn about taxess after letting baby bush run up deficits for eight years on two wars of choice is just pathetic. they start the rant and rave after their boy lost.

it's the same rabid right that was bush's base and his dead-enders.

luckily, palin seems to be turning people off the more they listen to her.

:confused: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is there a stupidity competition going on that I'm not aware of?
What's stupid about it? Statists support big oppressive government. King George had a big oppressive government. Statists don't support individual liberty. The FF did.

Do I need to use smaller words?

No, you need to use less ridiculous words.
I believe you meant to say "uncomfortably true".

Yea, cuz absolutely no one has mentioned that in the past week.

And, for the umpteenth time... Palin explained the 'don't retreat, reload' remark back during the campaign. When she first used it. 'Reload' - back the ballot box. Try and keep up. Or, alternatively, continue making yourself look like you don't know what you're talking about. Either is fine.

Why the rhetoric with Palin then. Why not just say "go to the ballot box"? Because it's not as effective and she (and many other pollies) like to ramp up the rhetoric...shrug...

As for not knowing what I'm talking about, you mean like telling people not to speak on behalf of the FF's and then doing exactly that like you just did?

She formed an educated opinion and prefaced it with "I think...", which I hope all of us could distinguish as not attempting to speak on behalf of anyone.

i wish palin's opinion about anything was educated.

Why the rhetoric with Palin then. Why not just say "go to the ballot box"? Because it's not as effective and she (and many other pollies) like to ramp up the rhetoric...shrug...

As for not knowing what I'm talking about, you mean like telling people not to speak on behalf of the FF's and then doing exactly that like you just did?

She formed an educated opinion and prefaced it with "I think...", which I hope all of us could distinguish as not attempting to speak on behalf of anyone.

I was referring to CG and an earlier post....not Palin.

What's stupid about it? Statists support big oppressive government. King George had a big oppressive government. Statists don't support individual liberty. The FF did.

Do I need to use smaller words?

O....Kay....

For the sake of argument, lets say I agree that the Dems want a "Bigger government." Can you please direct me to where anyone, here or anyone else, has said they wish we had a "More oppressive government?"

pfeeesh, like yours calling people dead enders and loons.

O....Kay....

For the sake of argument, lets say I agree that the Dems want a "Bigger government." Can you please direct me to where anyone, here or anyone else, has said they wish we had a "More oppressive government?"
A bigger government IS a more oppressive government. Less gov't = more freedom. It's a simple equation.

O....Kay....

A bigger government IS a more oppressive government. Less gov't = more freedom. It's a simple equation.

Mmmm-hmmm.

Have you ever considered it's your thought process that's simple?

Jillian I hope you will agree that the democrats have some real highly edumcated people elected to high places.:lol: Sarah is actually a diamond in the rough, new and fresh to politics. Some democrats who have been elected have no excuses for their stupidity.

Last edited:
O....Kay....

Mmmm-hmmm.

Have you ever considered it's your thought process that's simple?
If you can point to a big government in history that offered more freedom to its citizens than a smaller government, go right ahead, but history isn't going to be too cooperative.

Bill Maher is like most extremists. Makes some good points and then blows it by carrying it to extremes.
One thing is certain our founding fathers were not an in synch bunch either.

the Founders were individuals. They disagreed among themselves. They fought. They argued.

Bingo. Some would support the tea people (though I'm not quite sure who), and some, believe it or not, would agree with the Democrats.

It would just set my heart aflutter if I could hear a conservative admit that simple statement; "Some would agree with the Democrats."

Are you sure those aren't lemmings in your avy?

Glad to see Maher is demonstrating what little he knows.

Isnt free speech great? It gives people plenty of rope to hang themselves.

O....Kay....

Wrong less govt means more freedom from govt, but corporations will take over your freedoms just like the govt would.

Forum List

Back