Bill Mahar Says Un-Nice Things about Republicans

I always love to read the comments to these stories. I thought this expecially appropriate:

The fact that you (Bill Maher) don't understand what the Tea Parties were about is not surprising. I doubt the British fully understood the original Tea Party, either. Like CNN, maybe it's YOUR infatuation with the sideshows that keeps you from understanding the real point, shared by very close to half of the population of the United States if not more; the government HAS and CONTINUES to tax and spend too much. Simple enough for you? Wait another 3.5 years. A new majority will try to spell it out for you.
Submitted by: Mike
1:44 PM PDT, Apr 24, 2009

who's the yutz who wrote that?

of course he understands what the tea parties are about.... it's about a bunch of working people being revved up by the GOP to cry and scream that the top 1% of wageearners are going to pay 3% more in taxes. it's a giant temper tantrum... sore losers. ;)
thank you for showing how totally clueless you are on this issue

I always love to read the comments to these stories. I thought this expecially appropriate:

of course he understands what the tea parties are about.... it's about a bunch of working people being revved up by the GOP to cry and scream that the top 1% of wageearners are going to pay 3% more in taxes. it's a giant temper tantrum... sore losers. ;)

I thought she summed it up quite nicely, charitably, too. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

I thought he summed it up quite nicely, charitably, too. :eusa_whistle:
then you are more clueless than SHE is
:lol:

but you are certainly welcome to do my portion of the hate filled thinking...

tsk tsk tsk,, where is your outrage when bobo and iriemon, and TM start their rants? :eusa_whistle:

ahhh how can i be outraged at what i dont read ...and as a matter of fact i was disagreeing with truth matters (TM?) just the other day.....do you agree with everything another republican posts? do you?

there are some posters i just dont read....for various reasons...a few cons ...a few liberals and that ass hole with the shirtless avatar pic from 20 years ago

and is it really outrage to point out that yall are bitching over a paid entertainer just like rush.....

nah if i wanted to be outragious i would just call dc....sparky .....that is kinda cute there....

but you are certainly welcome to do my portion of the hate filled thinking...

tsk tsk tsk,, where is your outrage when bobo and iriemon, and TM start their rants? :eusa_whistle:

ahhh how can i be outraged at what i dont read ...and as a matter of fact i was disagreeing with truth matters (TM?) just the other day.....do you agree with everything another republican posts? do you?

there are some posters i just dont read....for various reasons...a few cons ...a few liberals and that ass hole with the shirtless avatar pic from 20 years ago

yes, bones,, sometimes I even butt heads with Republicans,,

yes, bones,, sometimes I even butt heads with Republicans,,

see stupidity abounds regardless of party.....i wonder if sparky agrees with us?

The fact that you (Bill Maher) don't understand what the Tea Parties were about is not surprising. I doubt the British fully understood the original Tea Party, either. Like CNN, maybe it's YOUR infatuation with the sideshows that keeps you from understanding the real point, shared by very close to half of the population of the United States if not more; the government HAS and CONTINUES to tax and spend too much. Simple enough for you? Wait another 3.5 years. A new majority will try to spell it out for you.
Submitted by: Mike
1:44 PM PDT, Apr 24, 2009

If only this was the case, it would actually be funny. Here is the problem; with deficit spending going through the roof, with no real plan to ever reduce any of this spending, there will only be one alternative. And that alternative will not be covered by a 3% tax hike on 1% of the population. What it will take is a doubling of everyone's taxes. Keep in mind that the massive spending now taking place does not include spending for a new healthcare plan, nor does it address the increased revenue necessary to continue supporting SS and Medicare as it now stands. Within eight years, federal spending is going to jump from around 20% of GDP to nearly 40% of GDP. That will mean a doubling of taxes on everyone.

We already know that such large spending will not grow the economy but will slow growth down, making taxation at greater levels all the more important. Unless you look at this long term, you are missing the big picture, and the big picture is becoming more devastating by the minute.

oh... I get the issue. and I think a lot of people are getting manipulated into supporing things that aren't in their interests by the tea party types.
the GOP had NOTHING to do with the tea party
they had to be pulled kicking and screaming to even acknowledge them
when it comes to spending, the GOP has become no different than the Democrats
except for WHERE they want the money spent

ROFL... Let's see, He's a Marxist who likes to play the part of the reasoned "Centrist"... who happens to be a favorite at the Playboy Mansion, where moderation in all things is practiced and preached...

He's just another secular relativist who needs to rationalize that his own faults are only faults because CLOSED MINDED PEOPLE JUST WON'T ACCEPT THEM AS SOLID CHARACTER TRAITS.

You nailed Mahar perfectly - and all the other whining Hollywood types who wish to have objective behavior seen as perfectly acceptable in their version of an open and honest world...that is, unless you give an honest answer regarding you feelings on gay marriage. Then you are just a stupid bitch who needs to burn in hell.

Ah yes, the fair and balanced perspective of the Hollywood Left....

I don't agree with him on most, but he is still funny as hell and I love his show!

Where are these tax cuts he is talking about? And if you want to know what the Tea PARTIERS were complaining about try to bring one on your show (other than Joe the Plumber)! First, I didn't see one antiabortion or anti-immigration poster at the tea party protest. I saw mostly anti-tax and spending posters, I also saw a few anti-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION posters! So get it straight, the tea party protesters don't just have Obama in their sights, they have Bush, the Previous Republican Congress and the State legislators who have been taxing us to death!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back