Bill Gates hails globalization, slams Trump´s, Sander´s protectionism agendas

Bill Gates is ignoring the change the world undergoes nowadays and assumes things will keep going es ever. He said the United States is the "monster winner" of the globalized economy, calling it the biggest beneficiary by far. To back his claim he stressed that Bollywood and Nollywood movies are not thriving.

Bill Gates Calls Out Trump-Style Protectionism

good. a real genius businessman commenting on the creep who couldn't have made it without his daddy's money

Bill Gates is ignoring the change the world undergoes nowadays and assumes things will keep going es ever. He said the United States is the "monster winner" of the globalized economy, calling it the biggest beneficiary by far. To back his claim he stressed that Bollywood and Nollywood movies are not thriving.

good. a real genius businessman commenting on the creep who couldn't have made it without his daddy's money
America drowns in debt and is flooded by goods of the countries that it owes the cash. Its infrastructure is rated "third world" and its reputation is not exactly the finest. In fact, you Americans need a change in politics as you do not benefit from anything and are joyously consuming your bankruptcy assets in a last big party on the volcano, while you spend 600 billion USD annually for the military to keep "benefiting" from the globalized economy.

Last edited:

America drowns in debt and is flooded by goods of the countries that it owes the cash. Its infrastructure is rated "third world" and its reputation is not exactly the finest. In fact, you Americans need a change in politics as you do not benefit from anything and are joyously consuming your bankruptcy assets in a last big party on the volcano, while you spend 600 billion USD annually for the military to keep "benefiting" from the globalized economy.
Kinda sounds like ancient Rome and the end of the British Empire........

I was gonna make tuna casserole but discovered I had no cream o mush so made sautéed rosemary chicken thighs and corn instead. :thup:

Interesting that Democrat billionaire Gates who made his fortune because of cheap computers made overseas calls out the pseudo Republican Trump.

The United States is the undisputed winner and champion in the global economy but it's only benefitting the 1% and mega-corporations like Microsoft. The rank and file American consumer hasn't seen his/her income increase.

Interesting that Democrat billionaire Gates who made his fortune because of cheap computers made overseas calls out the pseudo Republican Trump.
I think, that were different times for computers...

k5oyaqk8.jpg

mf2fqv4t.jpg

Sessions criticizes Gates's call for visas amid Microsoft layoffs

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) criticized Microsoft founder Bill Gates for calling on Congress to increase STEM worker visas while the company plans to cut 18,000 jobs next year.

“Super billionaires aren’t happy apparently. … They declare we need to import more foreign workers,” Sessions said on the Senate floor Thursday. “Mr. Gates says we need to let more and more people into our country to take those kinds of jobs.”

Sessions was referring to an op-ed in which Gates called on the House to pass the bipartisan Senate immigration reform bill. That legislation would increase the number of worker visas for immigrants in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields.
Sessions pointed out that Microsoft announced Thursday that it plans to layoff nearly 20,000 workers in an effort to streamline. He said those workers should take priority over immigrants.

Sessions also cited a recent U.S. census reports that stated 75 percent of U.S. citizens with STEM degrees aren’t working in that field.

You want to laud Gates as a person to listen to?
You obviously know nothing about how Microsoft became who they were.

I know that he didn't inherit daddy's money and pretend he's some business genius. that's what we were talking about. but thanks for the deflection.

and you can like gates' tactics or not, but he really is a business genius.

I know that he didn't inherit daddy's money and pretend he's some business genius. that's what we were talking about. but thanks for the deflection.

Taking that tack the same can be said about Rockefeller, Carnegie, Ford, Fairbanks, Getty, etc........ :eusa_whistle:

Taking that tack the same can be said about Rockefeller, Carnegie, Ford, Fairbanks, Getty, etc........ :eusa_whistle:

and i wouldn't vote for any of them for president either.

my objection is not to the money. it's to the idea that he thinks he's done anything special when he didn't do it on his own.

it's like ann richardson used to say "he was born on third base and thinks he hit a home run".

but mostly he's a bigoted misogynist authoritarian extremist who has bankrupted four companies, started a fraudulent university and screwed his investors.

my objection is not to the money. it's to the idea that he thinks he's done anything special when he didn't do it on his own.

it's like ann richardson used to say "he was born on third base and thinks he hit a home run".

but mostly he's a bigoted misogynist authoritarian extremist who has bankrupted four companies, started a fraudulent university and screwed his investors.
Sounds like a true American magnate......... :eusa_whistle:

i wouldn't have voted for the robber barons either, hon.

and if they were misogynists and bigots perhaps they were of their era..... it's inexcusable for that pig to get up now and say the things he does.

and if they were misogynists and bigots perhaps they were of their era..... it's inexcusable for that pig to get up now and say the things he does.
Uuuummmmmm....... Telling, very telling..........
9.gif

I was kinda hoping for an outsider vs outsider contest, watching two train wrecks battle it out but alas the DNC's Tammany Hall apparatus is definitely more in control than the RNC's Tammany Hall apparatus. Now we'll have an outsider vs an apparatus chosen contest. Basically Hedley Lammar vs William J Lepetomaine. Another way to put it is the Teflon Don vs Bozo the Clown. :thup:

Forum List

Back