Bill Eases Penalty For Crack Cocaine Possession

And why should it matter if we have four pounds either? You could smoke that four pounds(probably pass out before you could) and you still wouldn't die from an overdose.

lol, i'm not saying it's bad i was just comparing 4 pounds to a couple ounces.

And, I remember having a deep conversation about Pot and it's affects on people with my Sisters boyfriend.. And we said that exact same thing..

My favorite is when Kat Williams talked about dying from pot in his stand up. He said something like " You might thing they are dead, but they are going to wake up in an hour and eat all your food." That isn't the exact quote, I will try to find it on YOutube, it hilarious.

Go ahead, i'll wait. :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3L4spg8vyo]YouTube - Eric Clapton- Cocaine[/ame]

:lol: Drug addicts aren't usually into partisan politics? :lol:
Tell that to all the rich people snorting lines, and popping prescription drugs.
And so you know the difference, Crack is what poor people do, Coke is what middle class to rich people do.

And just so you know their is no difference, crack is just a cooked, hardened version of cocaine cut with many more impurities (that's why it's cheaper than Cocaine). Nice generalizations. I seem to recall Richard Pryor having a pretty good "Crack" habit. David Crosby; was his drug of choice., Mayor Marion Berry...also a crack head. None of those examples seem middle class to me. There are many middle class people smoking crack. There are no class only types of drugs, though this line of argument plays well with the whole class warfare thing brought to you by the politicians.
Of course I know the difference, I used to do coke and I have free based. So please don't lecture me on the difference.
And if you had all these examples, why did you state rich people don't do cocaine?

Not lecturing just clarifying as you were attempting with me previously. You SO missed the point as I was responding to this quote "Crack is what poor people do, Coke is what middle class to rich people do". It was not that rich people don't do cocaine, its that there are no class lines for any of the drugs as one poster intimated.

The longer prison time was very racially motivated, for one it is well known more black people do crack, and usually more white people do coke. Plus the only difference between the two is some baking soda.

I'm astonished this comment seems to have gone off the radar.

There is much CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence to support the assertation that "longer prison time was very racially motivated."

The hard evidence was that more blacks do crack (it is cheap, they are poor)

But the INTENT was to deter what appeared to be the greater evil, the self-destruction of blacks. In other words, white legislatures thought they were doing blacks a favor.

The result was a 60% black prison population, decreased black birthrate (not much procreation among prisoners), and black felons unable to vote.

Of course, among the community of black conspiracy theorists, all these results fed their firm belief that whites were practicing eugenics. The fact that cocaine was used more by whites, and they were given lighter sentences did much to substatiate these theorists.

Last edited:
And just so you know their is no difference, crack is just a cooked, hardened version of cocaine cut with many more impurities (that's why it's cheaper than Cocaine). Nice generalizations. I seem to recall Richard Pryor having a pretty good "Crack" habit. David Crosby; was his drug of choice., Mayor Marion Berry...also a crack head. None of those examples seem middle class to me. There are many middle class people smoking crack. There are no class only types of drugs, though this line of argument plays well with the whole class warfare thing brought to you by the politicians.
Of course I know the difference, I used to do coke and I have free based. So please don't lecture me on the difference.
And if you had all these examples, why did you state rich people don't do cocaine?

Not lecturing just clarifying as you were attempting with me previously. You SO missed the point as I was responding to this quote "Crack is what poor people do, Coke is what middle class to rich people do". It was not that rich people don't do cocaine, its that there are no class lines for any of the drugs as one poster intimated.

There are major class lines in who does each, of course there is exceptions to the rule, and there is also racial line in who does each, but of course white people also do crack. One of the biggest reasons why they wanted the sentences to be similar for both crack and cocaine, is because the laws were socially and racially biased before.

The longer prison time was very racially motivated, for one it is well known more black people do crack, and usually more white people do coke. Plus the only difference between the two is some baking soda.

There is much CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence to support the assertation that "longer prison time was very racially motivated."

But the INTENT was to deter what appeared to be the greater evil, the self-destruction of blacks. In other words, white legislatures thought they were doing blacks a favor.

The result was a 60% black prison population, decreased black birthrate (not much procreation among prisoners), and black felons unable to vote.

Of course, among the community of black conspiracy theorists, all these results fed their firm belief that whites were practicing eugenics. The fact that cocaine was used more by whites, and they were given lighter sentences did much to substatiate these theorists.

Sure, you tell yourself that it was white's trying to help black people.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

What, you've never tried to do someone a favor, and later wished you hadn't?

Is this the one?

I've seen it before, it's Hilarious. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs]YouTube - Katt Williams - Weed[/ame]

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

What, you've never tried to do someone a favor, and later wished you hadn't?

While the road to bad intentions is paved in gold.
With privately owned prisons, more prisoners means more profit, and more workers you can pay next to nothing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE]YouTube - The Velvet Underground - Heroin (song only)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHxSHg-2o9w]YouTube - stoned - the rolling stones[/ame]

Should they raise the powdered cocane penalty up to the crack cocane one?

Should they - Yes
Will they - No
One of the largest demographic groups to use powder cocaine is Lawyers (including the ones in congress) and their families. They want to keep their potential penalties low.

I tried coke years ago. Never saw the attraction. Just like speed to me. No euphoria or anything like that.

Should they - Yes
Will they - No
One of the largest demographic groups to use powder cocaine is Lawyers (including the ones in congress) and their families. They want to keep their potential penalties low.

As I posted before the coke users can afford better lawyers.

And as you said generally have more political suction than crack users.

Should they - Yes
Will they - No

Because the higher penalties for crack cocaine has worked so well at curbing crack use. :lol:

Should they - Yes
Will they - No

Because the higher penalties for crack cocaine has worked so well at curbing crack use. :lol:

Naah just for fairness and if the powder coke penalties were the same the powder users would have the pull to get the penalties dropped down.

Instead of doing this, why not just legalize cannabis?

Would stop a lot of drug cartels from killing people, because then they could go legit.

Oh yeah........forgot........cocaine is the drug for rich people.......OF COURSE the GOP is going to protect it!

FYI; Crack is Cocaine and is definitely not the drug of "rich people". Drug addicts are not usually into partisan politics.

Really? Drug addicts are not usually into partisan politics?

Bullshit. Ever heard of some oxy addled asshole who is one of the biggest partisan hacks of all time named Rush Limbaugh?

Try again.

What is truly needed is government clinics to regulate Drug use - for people over 18. Anyone knowingly providing drugs to minors should face capital charges. Those smuggling drugs can face stiff enough penalties to drive them out of business - because they would be competing with the clinics which could offer at their cost. Without a steady supply of new users (children) then drug use will dry up to minimal levels.
Obviously drug users should not expect government assistance in dealing with long term health problems related to their use.

What is truly needed is government clinics to regulate Drug use - for people over 18. Anyone knowingly providing drugs to minors should face capital charges. Those smuggling drugs can face stiff enough penalties to drive them out of business - because they would be competing with the clinics which could offer at their cost. Without a steady supply of new users (children) then drug use will dry up to minimal levels.
Obviously drug users should not expect government assistance in dealing with long term health problems related to their use.

:cuckoo: We don't need Government intervention.

Forum List

Back