Bill Cosby on the President

It's funny how some RWers claim they felt Carlin got bitter with age...when any fan can clearly see he only got better at his craft.

Just b/c they don't agree with the RW tripe doesn't mean they are bitter...they are simply speaking truth to power.

Carlin did get more preachy as he got older, but his razor sharp comic edge got better as well. A lot of people who got older and disillusioned with the society they live in suddenly didn't find Carlin funny...and they FORGET that when they thought Carlin was not "bitter", the "establishment" indeed thought he was an angry, bitter, ungrateful hippie.

And the band played on.

Cosby ought to have asked the obvious question "why didn't a single Democrat vote for the president's budget" before making any ot that sort of commentary.

For the 5358th time, the pubs did their usual dirty trick. They insisted on a vote with only the single number to vote on with NO indication of how the money would be spent. They have done this before but then put their lying asses in front of the cameras and whine about the Obama "budget".

No one would vote on a blank budget - unless its the Ryan fiasco.

Although I do have to say, I would kill to hear Richard Pryor and George Carlin weigh in. Still missing those two.

Pryor and Carlin were two drunk, drug addicted, flag-burning - never served their country - redneck, uneducated, trailer-park pieces of absolute shit.

Not surprised you relate to their idiocy.

Cosby has his opinion like every other American has their opinion. The ability to appear on television and voice said opinion neither makes it correct nor worth listening too. I lost some respect for him after that opinion he shared. I believe that a lot of African American personalities are letting Obamas minority status cloud their vision of his lack of performance. They use lines like he had to overcome more hurdles than any other president to justify their statements. When in fact, his hurdles were not so high. Democrats lost a lot of seats while he was in office because America was sick of how things were going. The majority of Americans were against the health care initiative and he pushed it through. Now the Supreme Court is siding with the people and in November Obama will see that the American public is not sick of a black President they are merely sick of him.

It's hysterical how YOU deem yourself qualified to judge black celebrities mindset simply because they support Obama. Like most neocon/teabagger parrots who get their talking points from Drudge or Hannity or Hume or Kristol and the like, you push OPINION, SUPPOSITION AND CONJECTURE as if it's fact.

Hint: it's not.

Just to correct some of the false premises you put forth: No one claim that Obama had to overcome great hurdles...they just pointed out that his life was NOT some "elitist" easy ride or a bogus "affirmative action" given. And the majority of Americans were FOR the health care reform...I defy you to produce evidence to the contrary. And Democrats SAT OUT the 2010 election in PROTEST of Obama's capitulatory actions to the Party of NO (Republicans). And the Supreme Court sure as hell wasn't "siding with the people" when it overstepped it's bounds on Citizen's United....and they sure as hell will not if the rule against Health Care Reform (just ask Dr. Peelo and Wendell Potter).

Cosby, while not always right, does hit the nail on the head on this one. TFB if you don't like it.

Hmm I didn't deem myself qualified to judge black celebrities mindsets just because they support Obama. I gave my opinion hence the "I believe" being inserted into the sentence.

Just to correct the false premise you put forth if you watched the full interview Cosby stated that Obama had to overcome more hurdles than any other President. Damn, kinda screwed the pooch for the rest of your argument didn't it?

Do Americans Really Hate Health Care Reform? | TPM2012

Poll: 1 in 4 want Supreme Court to uphold health care law - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Obamacare Polls Show Little Change Since Reform's Passage

You're welcome.

YOU put forth your "opinion" as if it was based on FACT. I merely pointed out the FACT that your "opinion" is based on the same biased bilge that can be heard on shows like Limbaugh and Levine and that ilk. Your supposition and conjecture laden "opinion" is essentially worthless.

And as for your polling regarding the Affordable Healthcare Act, it depends on who you're talking to and exactly what questions are being asked:

http://www.pollingreport.com/health.htm

So if you want to go tit for tat, have at it!

Oh, and for the record bunky......don't say "you're welcome" when no one is going to thank you for myopia and bias. Carry on.

Last edited:
Bill Cosby has never been known to be a knee-jerk type from either side.

Many blacks believe him to be conservative, particularly when he has come out and spoken about inner city violence and stuff.

I do see his point. There used to be a gentleman's agreement in Washington that the guy who gets elected to be President gets to move in the direction he wants to go in, but tempered with check and balances and some compromises with the other party.

It didn't ever use to matter who the President was, the Highway Bill would get passed and unanimously so. But today, the rhetoric about wanting to see this President fail is being backed up by a concerted effort, it seems, to hold up even the most basic of things like transportation.

I want Republicans to win because when they propose what they propose, it makes the majority of folks say, "Yeah, that makes sense, it checks out, it's fair, let's do it".

But it seems like through this President's administration that their tactic is to stall on everything and then publicly display outrage at how divisive this President is, or how extreme he is or what not.

But I just don't see it. I see a Democratic President who is for cap-and-trade and the individual mandate, both of which are conservative values that are borne out of the notion of "individual responsibility".

You can fault the President on real things, but holding up the President, no matter what their party affiliation, just for the sake of hoping it makes the President look bad is kind of cheap, if you ask me. It's "small ball", not the big leagues. I fear you can't win the big general election playing that kind of game.

The American people like this President. I don't mean his job approval. That has been split for several months now almost down the middle. But in terms of the question of "Do you want to see this President do good things?", he's up in the high 60's/low 70's the last time I checked.

I think that like Reagan, when he speaks of responsibility, I think it touches moderate people in the same way.

I have my druthers with every President, including this one, but I would have to say that as a vehicle to get some important matters done, I think that Obama is actually not so bad, it's just that I feel that the folks who hate him, really really hate him and it's given us a pretty nasty gridlock and the American people are going to have to decide whether they feel Obama gets part of the blame for the gridlock or if they decide that it's his opponents who are to blame for being too stubborn to compromise with him on even their own long-held views like cap-and-trade and the individual mandate.

Republicans are so completely anti-jobs, anti-economic growth, anti-women, gays, blacks, browns, anti-America and they will continue to make it Job #1 to take the country down so they can blame Obama.

The problem is, that will not change if Mittens is elected. Reason is, they are also pro-foreign business, pro-foreign banks, pro-China and against American businesses.

As we speak, they are filibustering the bill that would put controls on China. If Obama were not president, they would likely change that bill to benefit and profit China, just as they have with energy bills. They are still stalling the highway bill and three million jobs for the same reason they fought Obama on the creation of the 4 million he has managed to create - hurting the country will also hurt the president and that's all they care about.

Worst thing about Mittens as prez is he has not brains of his own. It would be exactly like Bush being in office when Cheney, Rove and Norquist ran the country right into the dirt. We cannot afford their wars and their profiteering any longer.

No. See, that's the thing. It's not about destroying America. He's taking it in a direction you don't want to see it go. This is all about perception. It doesn't make anybody right or wrong. This is a simple difference of opinion.

That would be the 'wrong' direction...
:dunno:

And in my estimation, it's the 'right' direction.

That's my point.

So the constitution means nothing to your either? Nice.

Did Cosby express the same sentiments when Bush was in office? We all know he had just as many haters.

As for Pryor and Carlin...

Pryor was never really one for the political humor or commentary so I wouldn't have expected much from him.

Carlin just got old and bitter towards the end of his life. His comedy and political commentary grew tired and insufferable, predictable and partisan.

Miss Pryor. Carlin not so much.

I dont think so. Cosby told blacks to find self responsibility and was promptly labeled an uncle tom. It's amazing that people would say that. I guess if the Cosby show was more thugish it would be ok to these people. To them he may as well be white.

The only reason Bill is given 15 minutes is because in front of radical right he bash black youth and the president. No one gives a flying fuck about what think. His opinion is about as worthless as a bucket of shit. bashing blacks for giving the children names like shanana when he made million off Fat Albert?

Did Cosby express the same sentiments when Bush was in office? We all know he had just as many haters.

Pryor was never really one for the political humor or commentary so I wouldn't have expected much from him.

Carlin just got old and bitter towards the end of his life. His comedy and political commentary grew tired and insufferable, predictable and partisan.

I dont think so. Cosby told blacks to find self responsibility and was promptly labeled an uncle tom. It's amazing that people would say that. I guess if the Cosby show was more thugish it would be ok to these people. To them he may as well be white.

What did Bill ever do to encourage black youth? Did he ever go into the inner cities and talk to them. No, now he is talking at them. Piss ass punk

Cosby show is not mainstream afro-americans. It does not even depict his life.

Last edited:

What did Bill ever do to encourage black youth? Did he ever go into the inner cities and talk to them. No, now he is talking at them. Piss ass punk

The fat Albert cartoon did depict his life and it always had positive messages for kids

A lot of assumptions here. Let me set one straight:

Bill Cosby's Charity Work, Events and Causes

Forum List

Back