Bill Clinton's Zero Effect

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
www.weeklystandard.com/Utilities/printer_preview.asp?idArticle=4934&R=A0A4...

Eric Pfeiffer

NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT, but Bill Clinton might be this year's biggest loser. With the opening of his presidential library in Little Rock, Arkansas last week, media attention was focused heavily on the Clinton legacy and what his future role will be in shaping the Democratic party. Practically everyone in Washington has heard the numbers: A $165 million dollar facility, 80 million pages of documents and 14 seperate wings dedicated to Clinton's eight years as chief occupant of the White House. However, the number no one is talking about when it comes to the Clinton legacy is zero.

Prior to Clinton's quadruple-bypass heart surgery in September, Democrats salivated at the thought of their two-term former president hitting the campaign trail for John Kerry. Unlike Al Gore, Kerry was not making what most Democrats perceived as a tactical mistake running from Clinton's record. In fact kerry was doing just the opposite, literaly promising a nostalgic return to booming markets, sans sexual scandals. And when Clinton returned to the trail in the campaign's closing weeks, Democrats along with the media slipped into something resembling a feeding frenzy. Not only would he have time to campaign for kerry, along with several key Senate and House races, people at long last, would feel sorry for him. One of Kerry's key weaknesses, a lack of voter empathy, would be quenched courtesy of the Comeback Kid.

Instead the results proved far different. Every candidate Clinton endorsed, raised money for, or conducted a campaign appearance on behalf of, lost. Toss up Senate races in which Clinton appeared al went against the Democrats: Betty Castor in Florida, Chris John in Louisiana, James Hoeffel in Pennsylvania and outgoing Senate mijnority leader Tom Daschle in South Dakota. In swing states where Clinton put in appearances, such as Arizona and his home state of Arkansas, Kerry also lost......................

dilloduck said:
Guess those stupid, red state traditionalists just wouldn't bite. :dance:

Well that takes Bill out of the running but I have to wonder about Hillary's effect or charisma assuming she has some??

dilloduck said:
Guess those stupid, red state traditionalists just wouldn't bite. :dance:

Nah, I just couldn't remember who I was supposed to vote for. I kept thinking of chunky women sex that got this illustrious pResident Clinton a beggining to a permanent legacy. Plus it is hard to read when you are as stupid as I must be. I think I voted for George Washington, but who knows what that W stood for? I mean it's not like I was paying attention and actually didn't want what the Dems had to offer, I was just too stupid to vote correctly and I couldn't find the ABB choice on the Ballot, just some guy named Kerry.

Bonnie said:
Well that takes Bill out of the running but I have to wonder about Hillary's effect or charisma assuming she has some??
Think she'll leave him now for a better chance in '08?
Anything for politics!

I heard that Kathleen Willey has sent Hillary a message stating that if she runs in `08, she better keep in mind the "Swift Boat Vets"; a possible reference to her running a "Swift Boats Vet's" style 527 targeting Hillary and her roll in Clinton's cover-ups.....

Bonnie said:
www.weeklystandard.com/Utilities/printer_preview.asp?idArticle=4934&R=A0A4...

Instead the results proved far different. Every candidate Clinton endorsed, raised money for, or conducted a campaign appearance on behalf of, lost. Toss up Senate races in which Clinton appeared al went against the Democrats: Betty Castor in Florida, Chris John in Louisiana, James Hoeffel in Pennsylvania and outgoing Senate mijnority leader Tom Daschle in South Dakota. In swing states where Clinton put in appearances, such as Arizona and his home state of Arkansas, Kerry also lost......................

If only the RNC had known - think of the money they could have saved!

freeandfun1 said:
I heard that Kathleen Willey has sent Hillary a message stating that if she runs in `08, she better keep in mind the "Swift Boat Vets"; a possible reference to her running a "Swift Boats Vet's" style 527 targeting Hillary and her roll in Clinton's cover-ups.....

Now that would be interesting to see. You have to wonder if any of this was or is being considered. Her book which is pretty much her chronicles about the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy agianst her and hubby may be her first attempt to throw cold water on that should it come up during her run for the White House. You have to look for the subtle clues this gang throws out there, hence the Clinton Library theme.

freeandfun1 said:

Kathleen Willey had better watch her ass. Being a threat to the Clintons is hardly conducive to long life.

musicman said:
Kathleen Willey had better watch her ass. Being a threat to the Clintons is hardly conducive to long life.

True, but I have noticed that those that stay on the forfront seem to be less at risk. It is those that keep their mouths shut or that try to run around "whispering" about the Clintons that end up deader than dead. Maybe she has figured out that if she keeps it out there, they won't target her because it will be too obvious. However, once she falls of the radar of the media, she could well be toast.....

freeandfun1 said:
True, but I have noticed that those that stay on the forfront seem to be less at risk. It is those that keep their mouths shut or that try to run around "whispering" about the Clintons that end up deader than dead. Maybe she has figured out that if she keeps it out there, they won't target her because it will be too obvious. However, once she falls of the radar of the media, she could well be toast.....

Does anyone remember that report that was circulated detailing all those mysterious deaths to people who were exposing Clinton's many scandals? I had seen it once and it was about 20 people long??

Bonnie said:
Does anyone remember that report that was circulated detailing all those mysterious deaths to people who were exposing Clinton's many scandals?
I used to have it saved in my email. Long story short, it's gone.

Forum List

Back