Bill Clinton's third term

TR_GOP

Nov 30, 2008
Barack Obama warned that a vote for McCain was a vote for Bush's third term.

But he didn't bother mentioning that a vote for him was a vote for Bill Clinton's third term.

If he did I probably would have saved my vote.

But he didn't bother mentioning that a vote for him was a vote for Bill Clinton's third term.

why not let him get in office before you get your panties in a twist.

I'm thinking economic and internationally people wouldn't mind going back to the Clinton years.....

I voted for Change, not a Rewind. This is akin to a new head coach rehiring all the assistant coaches from a past head coach, including his son, and saying the offense and defense will be totally different. Somehow that lacks credibility, but I guess we'll find out when next season kicks off..

I voted for Change, not a Rewind. This is akin to a new head coach rehiring all the assistant coaches from a past head coach, including his son, and saying the offense and defense will be totally different. Somehow that lacks credibility, but I guess we'll find out when next season kicks off..

was it a winning team under the old assistant coaches but totally fucked up when the new coaches took over?? there is something to be said for returning to what works don't you think? and it's not like it's a total redeux of the Clinton administration.

Hillary was first lady not SOS...although I think the President will be fucking her just as much this time around as the last time she was in the White House :eusa_whistle:

how is an Obama Presidency going to be Bill Clinton's third term in the Presidency?

jesus fucking christ. it's exactly this kind of mind numbing shit that discredits the gay old party.

how is an Obama Presidency going to be Bill Clinton's third term in the Presidency?

Same cast of characters with a few extras moving into starring roles.

jesus fucking christ. it's exactly this kind of mind numbing shit that discredits the gay old party

It's pretty simple really. What part of Change did I misunderstand? If I wanted a pack of Clinton-era retreads I would have voted for Billary. New ideas don't usually come from the Old Guard. Is Obama going to do all the thinking for this group?

Last edited:
Same cast of characters with a few extras moving into starring roles.

It's pretty simple really. What part of Change did I misunderstand? If I wanted a pack of Clinton-era retreads I would have voted for Billary. New ideas don't usually come from the Old Guard. Is Obama going to do all the thinking for this group?

that doesn't make Obama's term in office the third term for Clinton. But it certainly DOES make petty little bitches from the gay old party look even sillier this side of the 08 election!

Hey, dude.. I get it. You are a republican and bitching about anything is easier on your asswhupped backside than coming up with something relevant. Lord knows no one is stupid enough to think that you voted for anyone other than whatever non-democrat is on the ticket. You lost. deal with it.

that doesn't make Obama's term in office the third term for Clinton. But it certainly DOES make petty little bitches from the gay old party look even sillier this side of the 08 election!

Hey, dude.. I get it. You are a republican and bitching about anything is easier on your asswhupped backside than coming up with something relevant. Lord knows no one is stupid enough to think that you voted for anyone other than whatever non-democrat is on the ticket. You lost. deal with it.

No, you don't get it. See, you're a pea-brain that can't imagine anything outside the conveniently familiar nepotistic two party political system. Rush vs. Franken, Olbermann vs. O'Reilly, Clinton vs. Bush, liberal vs. conservative, and so on and so forth.

I didn't lose, I got fooled. It appears the masses are so accustomed to being fooled, lied to, and sold out by these two sides of the same coin it really doesn't matter. It's 30 sec sound bite politics for a short attention span audience.

Nice vocabulary btw, it reflects on your intellect.

LOL .............. Well, on the surface, it sure looks that way.

However, I give Obama the benefit of the doubt here and will wait to watch it play out.

Two years ago, Obama got my attention in a positive fashion, then he lost if, by not matching words with substance.

He just got my attention again and in a positive fashion, this time through substance of picks. Not so much because I like the individuals, but, because he is actually challenging himself.

No, you don't get it. See, you're a pea-brain that can't imagine anything outside the conveniently familiar nepotistic two party political system. Rush vs. Franken, Olbermann vs. O'Reilly, Clinton vs. Bush, liberal vs. conservative, and so on and so forth.

I didn't lose, I got fooled. It appears the masses are so accustomed to being fooled, lied to, and sold out by these two sides of the same coin it really doesn't matter. It's 30 sec sound bite politics for a short attention span audience.

NEPOTISTIC? (speaking of vocabulary) I'm assuming you are shooting for some kind of form of the word NEPOTISM? Is that a concept you really want to bring up seeing as how baby bush cost you this latest election? Go ahead and stomp your foot, chile.. it's pretty clear that Obama could shit bricks of gold and you'd throw a fucking fit about the necessity of diamonds.

However, I give Obama the benefit of the doubt here and will wait to watch it play out.

Two years ago, Obama got my attention in a positive fashion, then he lost if, by not matching words with substance.

He just got my attention again and in a positive fashion, this time through substance of picks. Not so much because I like the individuals, but, because he is actually challenging himself.

Kudos to you for having an open mind.

I too have a wait and see attitude, and I have been behind Obama since day one. If he doesn't/can't come through with the promises and change he said he would, THEN I will bitch and moan. He's not even in office yet, but I feel most of his picks are well thought out and planned, a little ying to his yang.

My biggest concern beside the war and the economy is a change to NCLB, let's hope that gets on the desk within the next year!

At least the cable news media is going to be more positive in their reporting. Now let's see who'll be the next scape goat.

well said.You hit the nail right on the head.Might as well have Mrs Clinton running the country again like she was before.31 of the 37 appointees of Obama's are the same people from the clinton administration that the people voted out of office.This isnt change at all.

You didn't vote for Obama.

Sums it up for me too - I have been a little disappointed that so many clinton era people are coming back, but maybe it will work out. They certainly have experience, and I am not sure where all he can draw from, for that.

I do like that he is taking on a diversity of opinions (like Hillary's hawkishness and Gates.)

I also expect that it is reasonable that daily security briefings will change his perspective too allow for some strong - arming, and that is fair, although disappointing.

thats why were screwed with Obama coming in.The guy claims to want change yet he appoints the clinton people.the same people the american people wanted out of office.were screwed BIG TIME.

Might be but I sort of doubt it.

Conditions have so changed that there's not a chance in hell we're repeat those halcyon days soon.

I'm going to wait until we see some policy before I start seriously complaining about the Obama Administration.

After all, I'm an historian, not a fortune teller.

Sometimes I don't really know what I think about current events for decades.

I've been reevaluating Reagan for the last twenty years and the jury is still out on him.

You didn't vote for Obama.

He wouldn't have won several key states without Republican votes and endorsements. But with the GOP lurching further to the right and the Administration's bait and switch on the Change mantra it appears Republicans for Obama are facing the possibility of being a constitutency without representation.

Anyone who believes Hillary Clinton's approach to foreign policy will not be affected by her husband's long history of stuffing his pockets with millions of dollars from foreign governments and connected business concerns isn't grounded in reality.

Placing the feminine face of the two-headed Clinton political monster doesn't say Change, it says Politics as Usual.

Forum List

Back