Bill Clinton's Book

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Has anyone read “My Life” by Bill Clinton? This is one I think I will pass up. From the TV interviews I have watched and the reviews I have read, I don’t believe there is anything new to learn about this man or his tenure as president. The Dan Rather and Larry King interviews were so fawning I just could not stand it. If you are going to interview Clinton, then why not ask the hard questions:
1) stolen nuclear secrets by the Chinese
2) illegal Chinese donations to his campaign
3) lying under oath
4) obstruction of justice in the Jones and Lewinsky cases
5) the leasing of a naval base to the Chinese right here in the
U.S.
6) reasons for firing of the long-time White House travel staff
7) the purpose of obtaining FBI files on high profile Republicans
8) why he didn’t confront Al Quada when they destroyed
American property and killed Americans during his presidency
(in the TV interviews he gave the impression that his
administration was an expert on Al Quada)
9) the attempts to steal White House property when the
Clintons left the White House
10) the infamous, unconscionable pardons the day before he
vacated the White House, blah, blah, blah....

If the president being interviewed had been Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, or George W. Bush, you can be sure that both Rather and King wouldn’t have hesitated a second to throw the hardest questions possible at them.

Nobody asks hard questions to anybody when they're on a book tour. Get over yourself and pay attention: There is no vast liberal media conspiracy. I know this fact will greatly reduce the number of posts made on this forum, but I guess that's the price we'll all have to pay for the truth.

Hagbard Celine said:
Nobody asks hard questions to anybody when they're on a book tour. Get over yourself and pay attention: There is no vast liberal media conspiracy. I know this fact will greatly reduce the number of posts made on this forum, but I guess that's the price we'll all have to pay for the truth.

LOL prove that one!!

Adam's Apple said:
Has anyone read “My Life” by Bill Clinton? This is one I think I will pass up. From the TV interviews I have watched and the reviews I have read, I don’t believe there is anything new to learn about this man or his tenure as president. The Dan Rather and Larry King interviews were so fawning I just could not stand it. If you are going to interview Clinton, then why not ask the hard questions:
1) stolen nuclear secrets by the Chinese
2) illegal Chinese donations to his campaign
3) lying under oath
4) obstruction of justice in the Jones and Lewinsky cases
5) the leasing of a naval base to the Chinese right here in the
U.S.
6) reasons for firing of the long-time White House travel staff
7) the purpose of obtaining FBI files on high profile Republicans
8) why he didn’t confront Al Quada when they destroyed
American property and killed Americans during his presidency
(in the TV interviews he gave the impression that his
administration was an expert on Al Quada)
9) the attempts to steal White House property when the
Clintons left the White House
10) the infamous, unconscionable pardons the day before he
vacated the White House, blah, blah, blah....

If the president being interviewed had been Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, or George W. Bush, you can be sure that both Rather and King wouldn’t have hesitated a second to throw the hardest questions possible at them.

My friends mother had it on the kitchen counter, and I kept wondering why she owuld buy that one let alone read it. It's just a fluff piece like Hillary's.

Bonnie said:
My friends mother had it on the kitchen counter, and I kept wondering why she owuld buy that one let alone read it. It's just a fluff piece like Hillary's.

A Chinese friend told me it was a terrible bore, he preferred the latest on Baroness Thatcher much more because she actually offered interesting asides, quotes and ideas on life and business.

Being from Arkansas, I know Clinton better from most, and the only person I know who doesn't call that book "My Lie" is my grandma, who is practically a Democrat zombie (they got her early before they turned nuts).

Hobbit said:
..the only person I know who doesn't call that book "My Lie" is my grandma

Althought I chose not to read Clinton's book, the above is probably a good reflection ("My Lie") of the contents, especially since it comes from people living in Arkansas who know him far better than the rest of us do. After all, what else but misrepresentations of the facts can you expect from Clinton? He's an expert at it. Someone in his own party even called him an exceptionally good liar.

New Topics

Forum List

Back