Bill Clinton

KarlMarx said:
Well...I do feel bad for the big guy...I hope that he recovers.....

P.S. Do you think Hillary will have him "fixed" once he's under the scapel? :)

I think she is going to have it/them bronzed and carry it in her purse...........

insein said:
He still deserves respect as a former President. Get well soon, Bill.

I am just wondering how the left would reply if this was Bush instead. Makes me wonder.

I am just wondering how the left would reply if this was Bush instead. Makes me wonder.

All you have to do is go back to Reagan's recent death and look at what the left said then..... and Reagan we MUCH more respected than Bush by MANY more people.

freeandfun1 said:
All you have to do is go back to Reagan's recent death and look at what the left said then..... and Reagan we MUCH more respected than Bush by MANY more people.

I have to agree with that, the left has this habit of holding themselves to a much lower standard than the right, and then manages to spin it differently.
That said just from a human point of view in this case I think most people wish Clinton well.

Maaaaaan it's tempting to just out and out say something bad here... but, out of respect for all my conservative brother's and sister's here, I'll pass... at this time.

I dislike the man... greatly, but as a human being, I wish him a safe surgery and speedy recovery.

Pale Rider said:
Maaaaaan it's tempting to just out and out say something bad here... but, out of respect for all my conservative brother's and sister's here, I'll pass... at this time.

I dislike the man... greatly, but as a human being, I wish him a safe surgery and speedy recovery.

I wish him nothing. Not good or bad. No prayers, but no curses. Same as he 'would feel for me.'

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Kathianne said:
I wish him nothing. Not good or bad. No prayers, but no curses. Same as he 'would feel for me.'

That was good Kath... and more like I'm truely feeling. Wish I'd have said that. :beer:

Pale Rider said:
That was good Kath... and more like I'm truely feeling. Wish I'd have said that. :beer:
Thanks, and I'm sorry I feel that way. Truth is, while I truly think Jimmy Carter sucked, at the time I thought he cared. Gotta admit, LBJ? I was under 10.

Kathianne said:
Thanks, and I'm sorry I feel that way. Truth is, while I truly think Jimmy Carter sucked, at the time I thought he cared. Gotta admit, LBJ? I was under 10.

I hate to sound like John Kerry, but I agree and disagree with you, if you know what I mean. It's just not in my nature to kick a dog while he's down...unless it's tpahl.

I wish Bill Clinton well, I hope he recovers from this quickly, then when he's out of the hospital and out of danger, I'll say how I really feel about him.

I wish him the best as well. He was a President and as I explained to my son yesterday,just because you don't agree with someone's politics,doesn't mean you wish harm on them. I wish him a speedy recovery and healthy life.

Bonnie said:
I think she is going to have it/them bronzed and carry it in her purse...........

Clinton's Angina Surgical Treatment Readily Applied To Immediately Overcome Negativity!

New York (AP) Noting that many are saddened by his illness, more than a million emails have been received from men, women and children at President Clinton's website. Some for the ex-President himself. You might imagine that some have the personal touch calling the ex-President by his nickname "Bubba". His wife Senator Clinton, was not available for comment.....

KarlMarx said:
Clinton's Angina Surgical Treatment Readily Applied To Immediately Overcome Negativity!

New York (AP) Noting that many are saddened by his illness, more than a million emails have been received from men, women and children at President Clinton's website. Some for the ex-President himself. You might imagine that some have the personal touch calling the ex-President by his nickname "Bubba". His wife Senator Clinton, was not available for comment.....

Clever spin Karl :cheers2:

KarlMarx said:

:clap: :laugh:

I certainly hope Bill Clinton a sucessfull operation and a speedy recovery. I quadruple bypass cannot be an easy thing to go through. But all the best to him.

That being said, there are some political aspects about this. The media attention that this will receive will take away from Kerry trying to gain in the polls after the sucessfull RNC and Bush's bounce. Also people will be reminded of Clinton and subconsciously see Kerry pale in comparison to the Democratic hero that Clinton was.

Links at site:

http://www.dailypundit.com/archives/015115.php#015115

September 04, 2004

They Never Saw Us Coming, And They Still Don't Know What Hit Them

The AP Changes "Boos" to "Ooohs" in Report on Bush and Clinton

NEW YORK The Associated Press changed "boos" to "ooohhs" Friday afternoon in reporting on President George Bush's first statement to supporters on the heart ailment that has befallen former President Bill Clinton.

In a dispatch sent to subscribers in early afternoon, the AP reported that when Bush, at a campaign rally in West Allis, Wisconsin, told the crowd that he wished to send Clinton his "best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery," the audience "of thousands booed. Bush did nothing to stop them."

Pretty damning, except that AP soon changed its story, only after the original appeared on many Web sites.

Do you think AP would ever have corrected their original article without a firestorm of protest from the blogosphere?

If Glenn Reynolds doesn't make the next list of Top 100 Opinion Leaders, (and high on the list, to boot) then the list is damned well rigged. Here's how things work now. Some enterprising blogger digs up a truth about something and blogs it. Glenn gets the 411 and links to the item. Immediately, every journalist and pseudo-journalist in the global media is aware of the report.

Glenn Reynolds wields the biggest megaphone in the history of the world, even bigger than Matt Drudge's.

Kinda scary for a guy who was an obscure Tennessee law professor just a few years ago, isn't it?

And consider: that megaphone was created for the equivalent in cash of a few large pizzas with everthing at the local Round Table.

Posted by The Daily Pundit at September 04, 2004 02:08 PM

New Topics

Forum List

Back