Bill Clinton to stump for Emanuel in Chicago

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Bill Clinton to stump for Emanuel in Chicago - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com
By DON BABWIN
The Associated Press

CHICAGO — Rahm Emanuel hopes Bill Clinton can persuade Chicago voters to support his bid for mayor, despite a former mayoral contender's warning that Clinton risks his popular standing with the African American community by backing Emanuel rather than a black candidate.

The former president is scheduled to appear with Emanuel at the Chicago Cultural Center Tuesday morning. Emanuel touted the visit in his campaign mailings over the weekend, mixed with an appeal for campaign donations.

"I'm honored to have President Clinton's support," the former White House chief of staff told supporters in the e-mail Sunday. "I'm excited to show President Clinton the great Chicagoans who've made this campaign possible."

Considering the shape the Illinois is in, and the fact that Mayor Daley said the Govs idea of increasing taxes and spending if foolish.

I'd vote for someone that has a conservative fiscal platform, and not just more of the same.

If they want to see into the future of liberal policies they only have to look at Detroit.

Cutting..or not raising taxes and government spending is a good idea during times of economic distress. Then raising taxes and cutting spending during times of economic boom to make up for the previous actions.

Usually the first part gets done..and the second part gets forgotten about. Go figure.

Does the left think Gingrich is on the same level as world class deviate Bill Clinton? A credible victim "you better put something on that eye Juanita" came forward with allegations of a class A felony against the former, former president and left wingers dismissed it because the statute of limitation expired. Clinton admitted he had "problems" after his cover-p lies were (pardon the pun) exposed. He hired Jesse Jackson as his "spiritual advisor" while Jackson was supporting a love child himself. Clinton's outrageous behavior would have gotten any CEO fired but the loyal left kept the sorry sack of deviate sh*t in office because he was a liberal democrat.

Does the left think Gingrich is on the same level as world class deviate Bill Clinton? A credible victim "you better put something on that eye Juanita" came forward with allegations of a class A felony against the former, former president and left wingers dismissed it because the statute of limitation expired. Clinton admitted he had "problems" after his cover-p lies were (pardon the pun) exposed. He hired Jesse Jackson as his "spiritual advisor" while Jackson was supporting a love child himself. Clinton's outrageous behavior would have gotten any CEO fired but the loyal left kept the sorry sack of deviate sh*t in office because he was a liberal democrat.

you talking about gingrich??? the guy who served his wife with divorce papers while she was in a hospital bed after having a mastectomy? and the guy who then took up with two separate women for whom he dumped the prior wife.

who's the deviant?

'tard/

you talking about gingrich??? the guy who served his wife with divorce papers while she was in a hospital bed after having a mastectomy? and the guy who then took up with two separate women for whom he dumped the prior wife.

who's the deviant?

'tard/

I wouldn't call Gingrich a 'deviant', nor would I call Clinton one. But I wouldn't trust either to run my car, yet alone my country. Anyone who cheats on their spouse does not have the level of integrity I require in a politician.

Just as a point of interest, what is this shit about 'your politician is worse because he did xxxx and ours only did xxxx' about? Why can we not just say 'neither is worthy of the trust of the people'? What is so hard about it?

Last edited:

Wingnuts seem to understand when celebrity status leads to all sorts of nuts crawling out of the woodwork making specious claims..when a wingnut is a target. But someone other then a wingnut..well then..IT MUST BE TRUE! :lol:

Gingrich left his first wife during her battle with cancer. I can't think of anything more reprehensible. Edwards also cheated on his dying wife. Both deserve public scorn.

Gingrich Admits to Affair During Clinton Impeachment - ABC News

Cutting..or not raising taxes and government spending is a good idea during times of economic distress. Then raising taxes and cutting spending during times of economic boom to make up for the previous actions.

Usually the first part gets done..and the second part gets forgotten about. Go figure.

You hard core fiscal conservative you.

Yeah it needs to be done together, to reflect the times and needs.

The Il Gov is raising taxes and spending, the IN and MO govs are openly laughing and MO is actually offering to help move corps to MO.

Emanuel is the winning horse.... clinton *should* back him.

Emanuel is far ahead of the rest of pack, with 43 percent of the vote. Gery Chico is in second with 11. Then come Carol Moseley Braun at 7 percent, Danny Davis and Miguel del Valle at 6 percent, and James Meeks at 3 percent. Sixteen percent of voters are undecided.

Source: Poll Gives Emanuel 43 Percent | NBC Chicago

If Chi town is backing him, then clinton is nothing more than a dog and pony show.

Wingnuts seem to understand when celebrity status leads to all sorts of nuts crawling out of the woodwork making specious claims..when a wingnut is a target. But someone other then a wingnut..well then..IT MUST BE TRUE! :lol:

Gingrich left his first wife during her battle with cancer. I can't think of anything more reprehensible. Edwards also cheated on his dying wife. Both deserve public scorn.

Never trust a man that cheats on his wife.... My Dad (and maybe someone else)

Funny, my Dad says the same.

The Il Gov is raising taxes and spending, the IN and MO govs are openly laughing and MO is actually offering to help move corps to MO.

Fiscal Conservative?

Well..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_VEGPTxGk&feature=related[/ame]

Funny, my Dad says the same.

And my daughters will say the same thing.

Hopefully that aren't as arrogant as my sister and marry a man that cheated on his first 2 wives, thinking he's matured and wouldn't do it to her.

One guess on how that ended.

Fiscal Conservative?

Well..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_VEGPTxGk&feature=related[/ame]

I'll have to check that later.

But you could have been reading my mind with that post.

that

Or my jedi mind tricks are starting to take hold.

Realistically speaking..there are a good majority of men that have had affairs at one time or another while married (I never did..still ended in divorce..musta been my fiscal conservatism:lol: ). But they still stayed married and are responsible in other aspects of their family life.

Not saying I advocate that sort of behavior..but realistically men are hard wired to breed and breed often.

Realistically speaking..there are a good majority of men that have had affairs at one time or another while married (I never did..still ended in divorce..musta been my fiscal conservatism:lol: ). But they still stayed married and are responsible in other aspects of their family life.

Not saying I advocate that sort of behavior..but realistically men are hard wired to breed and breed often.

I don't buy into that. Sure men are almost always checking out other women.

But that doesn't give them a pass to break their word.

When they got married, they promised to love their bride. They gave that word to their
Bride
her family
his family
his preacher
himself
and to god (or the equivalent)

If they can break that word. What make anyone think they will keep any promise that doesn't directly help them?

I don't buy into that. Sure men are almost always checking out other women.

But that doesn't give them a pass to break their word.

When they got married, they promised to love their bride. They gave that word to their
Bride
her family
his family
his preacher
himself
and to god (or the equivalent)

If they can break that word. What make anyone think they will keep any promise that doesn't directly help them?

While i certainly agree 100%, I think politicians by nature in US politics are sleazy whether they cheat on their spouse or not. Just about every politician has a severe character flaw hiding in their closet-some just hide it (or get around it) better than others.

CHICAGO — Rahm Emanuel hopes Bill Clinton can persuade Chicago voters to support his bid for mayor, despite a former mayoral contender's warning that Clinton risks his popular standing with the African American community by backing Emanuel rather than a black candidate.

What? Is this statement implying black people would vote for someone based on race? That's ridiculous! Neo-con hogwash.

Forum List

Back